Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Birds (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
No Holds Barred (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
MovieMania MovieMania is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2011
India
159
6
India/Bollywood Student of the Year - 2012 - Blu-ray - Screenshots (EROS)

Student of the Year
Blu-ray - 2012

Screenshots:









Label:
EROS Entertainment

Watermarked:
Yes. In Songs (for few seconds)

Audio:
  • DTS-HD MA 5.1 (Hindi)
  • Dolby Digital 5.1 (Hindi)

Subtitles:
  • English
  • Arabic

Bonus Features:
On separate DVD in Standard Definition
  • Making of the Film
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Making of the Songs : Ishq Wala Love, The Disco Song & Radha..

Blu-ray Forum Link
Student of the Year (Blu-ray) - 2012 - Hindi

iMDB Link
Student of the Year (2012)

Cover Scan


No Slipcover

Last edited by MovieMania; 01-22-2013 at 08:07 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
divyansh divyansh is offline
Power Member
 
divyansh's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
India
57
1
Default

Over-Blown Contrast + D.N.R (One of the worst examples of this in recent times ) + Over sharpening! Liked the movie though and the Audio was excellent in theater! Might consider buying this.

Last edited by divyansh; 01-21-2013 at 06:58 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
cinefan indian cinefan indian is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2009
254
3
Default

I got this today ... checked and found the sound out of sync for first 18 mins ... anyone else facing the same issue? the actors mouth lines after we hear dialogue..its around a 2 sec delay n very irritating. The PQ is better than most Eros blu-rays and thankfully not very dark .. AQ is damn good ...esp during the songs

Epson EH TW8100
Sony Bravia KLV-46X350A
Sony BDP-S580 Region Free

Denon 2311
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #4
ravenus ravenus is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ravenus's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
India
390
197
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyansh View Post
Over-Blown Contrast + D.N.R (One of the worst examples of this in recent times ) + Over sharpening
Really? Those screens look quite fine to me actually. Detail is good, textures on hair and fabric are noticeable, there's IMO no significant crush or loss of detail to contrast. Whatever softness is there in the image looks like a deliberate effect of the lighting for this genre of film.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
divyansh divyansh is offline
Power Member
 
divyansh's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
India
57
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Really? Those screens look quite fine to me actually. Detail is good, textures on hair and fabric are noticeable, there's IMO no significant crush or loss of detail to contrast. Whatever softness is there in the image looks like a deliberate effect of the lighting for this genre of film.
Maybe , ive misjudged them , but the contrast does look overblown on my monitor and DNR has robbed the details and oversharpening is also visible to me ,maybe screenshots are not doing justice to the blu-ray which might look good actually

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
mrbrat_Boy mrbrat_Boy is online now
Special Member
 
mrbrat_Boy's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa
102
1028
150
24
Default

I havent watched this movie, but blind bought the blu ray for the family.
LG 42" LW6510 3D TV | Onkyo TX-NR 609 (7.2 Setup) |
Sony PS4 - 500 GB (Region B) | Sony PS3 - 250 GB (Region B) | Sony PS3 - 250 GB (Region A)|
Oppo BD-103 | HP Envy M6 |
Polk Audio CSi A6 | Polk Audio Tsi 500's | Polk Audio Tsi 100's | Wharfedale Diamond 10 DFS Surrounds | JBL ES250PBK |
Optoma HD25-LV 3D Projector | Elite Manual Screen 109"
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
gurkirat gurkirat is offline
Active Member
 
gurkirat's Avatar
 
May 2010
CRAWLEY
92
24
Default

The film is really bad !! -1/5
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:45 AM   #8
ad2384 ad2384 is offline
Member
 
Feb 2010
46
Default

Is this movie really that bad? I haven't seen it but am glad EROS is doing quick blu-ray release
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #9
bollywood karim bollywood karim is offline
Senior Member
 
Oct 2009
Santa Monica, California
Default Fantastic movie

I just got my blu ray today, havent watched it yet, am really excited. The songs are amazing , Ase Vele, Radha, very well visualized, my wife loved this movie, i have heard the cd 100 times in my car, and have the movie loaded on my oppo to play tomorrow. It is a college flick, good charecters, nice dance numbers, good chick flick, Thank you Eros for releasing it so quick.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #10
cinefan indian cinefan indian is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2009
254
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollywood karim View Post
I just got my blu ray today, havent watched it yet, am really excited. The songs are amazing , Ase Vele, Radha, very well visualized, my wife loved this movie, i have heard the cd 100 times in my car, and have the movie loaded on my oppo to play tomorrow. It is a college flick, good charecters, nice dance numbers, good chick flick, Thank you Eros for releasing it so quick.
Karim bhai can u check with the sound being slightly out of sync in the first 17-18 mins of the blu-ray?

Epson EH TW8100
Sony Bravia KLV-46X350A
Sony BDP-S580 Region Free

Denon 2311
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #11
Anurag1700 Anurag1700 is offline
Senior Member
 
Anurag1700's Avatar
 
May 2010
Bangalore
34
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad2384 View Post
Is this movie really that bad? I haven't seen it but am glad EROS is doing quick blu-ray release
Oh no it is not that bad. It missed the worst movie of the year title just by a tiny gap - 'Heroine' won the honors from me(no offence to fans). Its only 2nd most worst film of the year. So u see, not that bad

Last edited by Anurag1700; 01-23-2013 at 04:37 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #12
nicodior nicodior is offline
Member
 
Dec 2008
6
300
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinefan indian View Post
Karim bhai can u check with the sound being slightly out of sync in the first 17-18 mins of the blu-ray?
I second this request...I want to buy it but it makes me apprehensive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #13
nicodior nicodior is offline
Member
 
Dec 2008
6
300
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1700 View Post
Oh no it is not that bad. It missed the worst movie of the year title just by a tiny gap - 'Heroine' won the honors from me(no offence to fans). Its only 2nd most worst film of the year. So u see, not that bad
Totally agreed. Student of the Year was good for mindless entertainment and eye candy. Unfortunately, with regards to Heroine, it could have been SO GOOD but it was such a disappointment.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #14
ad2384 ad2384 is offline
Member
 
Feb 2010
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1700 View Post
Oh no it is not that bad. It missed the worst movie of the year title just by a tiny gap - 'Heroine' won the honors from me(no offence to fans). Its only 2nd most worst film of the year. So u see, not that bad
lol...ok will skip this one
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #15
bollywood karim bollywood karim is offline
Senior Member
 
Oct 2009
Santa Monica, California
Default Cinefan

Cinefan i watched the first twenty minutes, and really watched the lips of the actors, with the first two songs "Shania gucci, prada" the sounds are bang on with the lips, even the song when Sid comes to campus it is fine, songs are a good way of seeing lip sync cause the volumeis amped up , i know what you mean ,when the actors are talking really fast it may seem like there is a a delay, but it is definately not two seconds, it sometimes " seems" like a quarter second if that, when the punjabi student speaks, but is is so small it definately does not efffect the movie.

it is so small it is imperceptible, try switching the tract from dts to dolby, maybe it is processed differently in your amplifier , so your amplifier is amplfiying the delay sorry for the pun. I have a Sony ES and i use multi analog in and its fine, play with the settings on your amp.

Loved the movie the colors, very well done, definately eye candy movie good looking actors, catchy songs, definate replay value.

Not all movies are Devdas, like not all meals are PF changs or Spago sometimes a good Mcdonals is fine, some movies are not cerebral they are just entertainment passtime , sexy, fun, and entertaining, in that department it is good

thank you Eros, keep up the quick releases on blu ray

Last edited by bollywood karim; 01-24-2013 at 08:00 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:48 AM   #16
Anurag1700 Anurag1700 is offline
Senior Member
 
Anurag1700's Avatar
 
May 2010
Bangalore
34
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollywood karim View Post
Not all movies are Devdas, like not all meals are PF changs or Spago sometimes a good Mcdonals is fine, some movies are not cerebral they are just entertainment passtime , sexy, fun, and entertaining, in that department it is good
@Bollywood karim
I agree on the part that some movie are only passtime. But wont ever agree that this movie is even remotely watchable. Quite frankly, dont u ever feel there is a certain limit to which we should allow oneself to be taken for granted and forced to enjoy the so called passtime entertainment?. To help u understand my point, let me state that a rohit shetty movie is any day better passtime than one of this level and mind u that is not a compliment to him.

Bollywood karim, I am glad that u dont have any such limit to tolerate these passtimes. In case this feels offensive to you, please feel so. I will apologise and take it all back on a simple one condition- Direct me to one thread where a movie was full of colors, eye candy movie good looking actors, catchy songs and still u disliked it and mentioned so in this forum. Or the other way round- A movie devoid of all that and u have liked it and mentioned here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #17
nicodior nicodior is offline
Member
 
Dec 2008
6
300
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollywood karim View Post
Cinefan i watched the first twenty minutes, and really watched the lips of the actors, with the first two songs "Shania gucci, prada" the sounds are bang on with the lips, even the song when Sid comes to campus it is fine, songs are a good way of seeing lip sync cause the volumeis amped up , i know what you mean ,when the actors are talking really fast it may seem like there is a a delay, but it is definately not two seconds, it sometimes " seems" like a quarter second if that, when the punjabi student speaks, but is is so small it definately does not efffect the movie.

it is so small it is imperceptible, try switching the tract from dts to dolby, maybe it is processed differently in your amplifier , so your amplifier is amplfiying the delay sorry for the pun. I have a Sony ES and i use multi analog in and its fine, play with the settings on your amp.

Loved the movie the colors, very well done, definately eye candy movie good looking actors, catchy songs, definate replay value.

Not all movies are Devdas, like not all meals are PF changs or Spago sometimes a good Mcdonals is fine, some movies are not cerebral they are just entertainment passtime , sexy, fun, and entertaining, in that department it is good

thank you Eros, keep up the quick releases on blu ray
I bought a copy today. I watched the first twenty minutes and I don't notice any lag whatsoever. Typical Hindi film post-dubbing can be a 'little' off from time to time, but nothing excessive that I saw personally. I only watched it with DTS-HD MA, so it may be on the regular Dolby track.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:55 PM.