Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #1

Jul 2012
Amazon Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away 3D Blu-ray

cool i missed this in theaters

Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away Blu-ray : http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Cirque...Blu-ray/64902/

non 3d : http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Cirque...Blu-ray/64903/

if you watched this please tell me if its any good
no date out yet but available for preorder

from the filmmakers behind Shrek and avator lol
Old 01-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
Expert Member

Jan 2013

Haven't seen it but I know someone who has and didn't like it especially since I've been told it's basically a clip show.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #3

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie-Brat View Post
Haven't seen it but I know someone who has and didn't like it especially since I've been told it's basically a clip show.
ohh thats bad news it was a day one for me but not any more
Old 01-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
Expert Member

Jun 2012

$49.49... Gee, how reasonable of them.

And yes, I know the price will drop before release date, but what a price to start at!
"Before we begin, you must all be warned: nothing here... is vegetarian." -- Dr. Hannibal Lecter
Old 01-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #5

Feb 2009

Caught a press screening the other week, surprisingly lame 3D, it's not a clip show, it's a non-dialogue narrative told mostly through acrobatics. It's quite dull.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
Expert Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinys Memory View Post

And yes, I know the price will drop before release date, but what a price to start at!
Not as absurd as a DVD copy of Hard Eight on Amazon being 3,000 dollars.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinys Memory View Post

I thought the same thing...........
Old 01-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanRunt View Post
Caught a press screening the other week, surprisingly lame 3D, it's not a clip show, it's a non-dialogue narrative told mostly through acrobatics. It's quite dull.
The Cirque compilation film 'Flowers in the Desert' which is very similar but drops the weak attempt in putting in a narrative - is far superior than 'Worlds Away' - unfortunately it's only a PBS money-raising DVD release.

as for the current 10% discounted price at Amazon, it will undoubtably drop in price when it gets closer to it's street date - but a MSRP of $54.99 - "shhhiiiit"

Last edited by Dubstar; 01-26-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:38 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007

I saw it and thought it was terrific.

This is what I wrote the day it was released in the theaters:

I - LOVED - IT!!!!!!!!! I want to see it again! And I will...going back two or three times next week.

Yes, I have seen mediocre reviews, but there are couple of requirements to enjoying this movie:

1. You have to LOVE Cirque Du Soleil. Not just "like"...you have to love them.

2. Don't spend even one second trying to analyse the plot. It's about a young woman who is mesmerized with a young male aerialist and she tries to find him again when they are separated. Everything else are sections of different Las Vegas Cirque shows and even in their entirety don't always make sense. If you try to understand why this is here or that is there, you will run out screaming. Turn off your brain and just let your eyes enjoy all the spectacular.

3. It helps a lot to have seen at least a few of these shows in Las Vegas because the movie selects some of the best parts from each.

4. Did I mention you have to LOVE Cirque du Soleil?

I think one or two people did walk out but those who stayed applauded and stayed all the way through the end credits (which were very lengthy because they listed each LV show, each hotel, and each person on the crew of the individual productions).

The film did present some of the best moments from each show, and getting close added to it, giving us devotees a new look at it. And with the battle scene on the rotating steel plate from "Ka", a look from different angles was a blessing.

My favorite Cirque show in Vegas is "The Beatles' Love" and other fans of that production will be very happy. There are about six scenes from it (with Beatles music in the film, too), including "Get Back," "Octopus's Garden," "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds," "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," and the film ends with a group shot of curtain moments for the different show casts set to "All You Need Is Love."

Cinematography is excellent. And the 3D is spectacular!

Is it just a huge commercial for Cirque du Soleil's Las Vegas shows? Yes. Do I recommend it? Yes! Yes! YES!!!!

by the way, I started a thread on it awhile back and here you can see clips, etc.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=209749
Old 01-27-2013, 04:54 AM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007

I read that it is estimated to be released in March.

DVD Planet is showing this at $37.76, but can't seem to fill out the quantity box:

http://www.dvdplanet.com/buy/bluray/...way-3d_2553465
Old 02-06-2013, 04:40 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007

Release date is now set for March 12th.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:09 AM   #12
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Old 03-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Miami, FL.
Send a message via AIM to laz305 Send a message via MSN to laz305 Send a message via Yahoo to laz305

They come with a slip cover. How can I request it to be added to the database?
My Trade Thread
My Slips FT/FS
"Hate the player, and the game"

WANTED SLIPS:Airport, Beauty & the Beast Royal Wedding, Benjamin Button Lenti, The Cell, The Duchess
Old 03-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #14
Expert Member

Feb 2011

they released this and not the immortal tour WTF!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #15
Expert Member

Feb 2011

sry to bump but does anyone know the special they did that did show highlights from the immortal tour MJ plz help me or pm asap with details
Old 03-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturner18 View Post
they released this and not the immortal tour WTF!
World's Away was always planned, conceived and filmed in 3D (obviously) as a theatrical release. The Immortal Tour since it was a staged production may or might be released at a later date (but I'm speculating)
Old 03-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #17
Expert Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
World's Away was always planned, conceived and filmed in 3D (obviously) as a theatrical release. The Immortal Tour since it was a staged production may or might be released at a later date (but I'm speculating)
apparently they had a tv special that showed highlights of it i'm looking for that special but can't find it
Old 03-15-2013, 01:44 AM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturner18 View Post
apparently they had a tv special that showed highlights of it i'm looking for that special but can't find it
the only recent PBS TV special I know of is 'Flowers in the Desert' - which is not commercially available - but there was no footage from the Immortal tour.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:03 AM   #19
Expert Member

Feb 2011

I seen one on youtube and it looked like it aired on an overseas chanel
as u can see there professional footage mixed in here

and for kicks here my thriller tour video

Last edited by aturner18; 03-15-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007

THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE 3D BLU-RAY.

I will start this review the way I felt when I first saw it in the movie theater...

1. You have to LOVE Cirque Du Soleil. Not just "like"...you have to love them.

2. Don't spend even one second trying to analyse the plot. It's about a young woman who is mesmerized with a young male aerialist and she tries to find him again when they are separated. Everything else are sections of different Las Vegas Cirque shows and even in their entirety don't always make sense. If you try to understand why this is here or that is there, you will run out screaming. Turn off your brain and just let your eyes enjoy all the spectacular.

3. It helps a lot to have seen at least a few of these shows in Las Vegas because the movie selects some of the best parts from each. This will be sort of a video souvenir book for you.

4. Did I mention you have to LOVE Cirque du Soleil?

The thrilling sequences that the couple encounter individually are from the Las Vegas productions of "O," "Ka!", "The Beatles' Love," "Mystere," "Chris Angel's Believe," "Zumanity," and "Viva Elvis!"...and they come back together for a romantic aerial (updated from "Ka!").

The 3D was spectacular on the movie screen and I have absolutely no qualms about giving it a full 5 of 5 for the 3D Blu-ray. Scenes from "O" will have you putting down towels in case of water spilling out of your TV. There is excellent depth and a few really wonderful popouts. Colors are glorious!!!

I have been to most of these shows in Las Vegas. While I feel there is never ever any way to capture the experience of seeing them live, especially when performers fly overhead of you, this film does something that seeing it live never could: you will never see the performers this close up, no matter how good a seat you have. The 3D cameras would occasionally be anywhere from 40 to 80 feet in the air, right there with the performers.

Audio is likewise a 5 out of 5. Great sound all around the room. (Speaking of music, my favorite Cirque show in Vegas is "The Beatles' Love" and there are about six scenes from it (with Beatles music in the film, too), including "Get Back," "Octopus's Garden," "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds," "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," and the film ends with a group shot of curtain moments for the different show casts set to "All You Need Is Love." "Love" fans, rejoice!)

Extras are really minimal and are located on the 2D Blu-ray disc. A behind-the-scenes look with James Cameron that is only about 2-3 minutes long. There is a featurette with star Erica Linz that looks at creating a series of acrobatic moves, and that 10-15 minutes is only minimally interesting. The remaining extra is an ad for several Vegas Cirque shows.

For fans of Cirque du Soleil and 3D, this comes highly recommended.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America