Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$66.91
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Prom Night (Blu-ray)
$15.25
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
$11.81
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
2012 (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011
United Kingdom Be Aware .... Zavvi

With the loss of HMV and soon Play (going market place) more of us are turning towards Zavvi.

They seem to have secured some steelbooks and are reissuing OOP steelbooks like Star Trek. They also have good prices.... All this is great

However. Customer Service is NON existing. You cannot call them like HMV Play Amazon to sort anything out.

I cannot seem to cancel an order ? Cannot cancel in account as it was a multiple order and one has been dispatched. Have emailed three times to cancel. Nothing

Just a heads up to anyone who may like to secure a preorder to then change mind before shipping..You might not be able.
Pre-Orders: X-Men: Days of Future Past digibook, Nightbreed 3 disc , The Dark Half, Halloween - Complete Collection Deluxe set, Fright Night, Christine, Guardians of the Galaxy
Old 02-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #2

May 2009
New Zealand

While Zavvi are a little slow at answering emails, they do eventually get back to me, and have cancelled orders in the past.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
Co. Cork, Ireland
Ireland

Definitely room for improvement in the customer service area, but their prices are EXCELLENT and thats what brings me in. Will continue to shop with them.
MY SET-UP:

Panasonic P55VT65 3D Plasma TV/Onkyo 5.1/Samsung BD-F6500 3D Region B Blu-ray player/LG BD-611 Region Free Blu-ray player

Robin Williams: 1951-2014 - Rest in Peace
Old 02-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Yeah totally agree, great prices and stuff is slow to arrive but does eventually. My post was more to warn fellow forum goers, that if like me you pre order for a low price or like with steelbooks, make sure you get one. In the past I could just jump onto HMV.com and cancel and preorder elsewhere. Any problems I could call and sort or email and get a reply usually same day. Same with damages. If something arrives from amazon or HMV you could call and sort out.

As Zavvi do not offer customer service if you struggle to cancel in time, you could end up with an extra copy. Also if you stick with Zavvi and have a damaged SB how long will it take to sort out? Cause you cannot talk to anyone and they do not reply to emails for days if at all.

Only offering a heads up to think about
Pre-Orders: X-Men: Days of Future Past digibook, Nightbreed 3 disc , The Dark Half, Halloween - Complete Collection Deluxe set, Fright Night, Christine, Guardians of the Galaxy
Old 02-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
UK

I always use play.com but now that there closing down i've started buying stuff from amazon UK.
Currently: Playing:Wolfenstein The New Order/Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition/Metro Redux/Destiny/The Evil Within
Old 02-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Cornwall

I just use Sainsbury's and Amazon, Zavvi are a waste of time at the moment.
Setup: Panasonic TX-P50VT30 & SA-BTT350 Region B, Pioneer BDR-207DBK Region ABC, Xbox360, Xbox One, Wii U
Pre-orders: Animal Farm, TNG S7, The Thief of Baghdad
Old 02-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Zavvi are just incredibly slow at everything Ive found. I sent a steel back to them because of slight damage. Didnt hear anything. When I got in touch with customer service they said they hadnt had it. This was a week later. Then another week went by. By this time Id given up on it (I was told I should have got a certificate of posting which I didnt do and yes I was stupid - something I normally always do). Mind you, its strange how everything to do with Amazon always gets there etc with no problems...(and Ive dealt with Amazon a lot lot more).

So I kind of forgot about it.

Another week went by and lo and behold, a replacement steel arrives out of the blue. So as with everything Zavvi, you need to wait. And then wait some more...
Old 02-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #8

Jan 2010

I much prefer Zavvi to Amazon. Cheaper prices is the main thing, but Zavvi have refunded me the difference if they drop the price on items the day or two after they send them to me. Amazon won't refund even if the price drops during the preparing for dispatch stage where orders can't be cancelled.

Amazon also increased the price of my Skyfall steel book order from 11.89 to 14.99 without any kind of notification. That's not acceptable.
Pre-orders: Aladdin. Django Unchained.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #9

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinwithoutaKat View Post
I much prefer Zavvi to Amazon. Cheaper prices is the main thing, but Zavvi have refunded me the difference if they drop the price on items the day or two after they send them to me. Amazon won't refund even if the price drops during the preparing for dispatch stage where orders can't be cancelled.

Amazon also increased the price of my Skyfall steel book order from 11.89 to 14.99 without any kind of notification. That's not acceptable.
Not calling you a liar, but... many here have had Amazon refund the difference on their orders. There's also a pre-order guarantee where Amazon charge you the lowest price. No retailer can increase the amount of your order without notification, and they definitely can't then charge you the higher amount.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2008
Bristol, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
Not calling you a liar, but... many here have had Amazon refund the difference on their orders. There's also a pre-order guarantee where Amazon charge you the lowest price. No retailer can increase the amount of your order without notification, and they definitely can't then charge you the higher amount.
Correct.
Amazon cant charge you a higher price if you pre order at a lower price.
Thats the whole point of the pre order guarantee.

I have also had a emails refunding the difference when prices have dropped before shipping.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #11

Jan 2010

I didn't think they could either, but they did it to my order and a friend's order. If anyone got it at the cheaper price I strongly advise them to go check their orders.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:

Amazon's customer service is way ahead of Zavvi's - not even an argument to be had there.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #13

Apr 2010
United Kingdom - Lancaster

Been waiting a lifetime for my Looper Steelbook
Old 02-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Dont know why but I just thought of this...

Be Aware...

Take care...

Wait!

Pull the string! Pull the string!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #15

Jan 2010

Take a look at this regarding the Skyfall price

http://www.zetaminor.com/roobarb/sho...Blu-ray/page3&

People ordered at 11.89, then noticed it had been increased in their 'my orders' section to 14.99 without notification. They call up Amazon who don't sound as if they know what they're doing, before putting the price back down to 11.89

Within hours the price has gone back up, and when they contact amazon again they get told 11.89 was a mis-price and they don't have to honour it. Correct, but pretty sure they can't charge people more without their permission either.

Sounds like they tried to pull a fast one and then didn't know how to react when people noticed.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #16
Power Member

Jan 2011
West Sussex, UK
-
-

Quote:
Take a look at this regarding the Skyfall price

http://www.zetaminor.com/roobarb/sho...Blu-ray/page3&

People ordered at 11.89, then noticed it had been increased in their 'my orders' section to 14.99 without notification. They call up Amazon who don't sound as if they know what they're doing, before putting the price back down to 11.89

Within hours the price has gone back up, and when they contact amazon again they get told 11.89 was a mis-price and they don't have to honour it. Correct, but pretty sure they can't charge people more without their permission either.

Sounds like they tried to pull a fast one and then didn't know how to react when people noticed.
I have put an explanation to this in the Skyfall thread. Read there. Can't repost as on phone.

Back to Zavvi they changed a few months ago the cancellation rules on multi item orders. Before each item could be individually cancelled. Now everything has to be cancelled, and as said above if some items in the order have shipped you are stuffed.

Therefore order each item individually so not tied to anything else.

Think they did this to stop people like me ordering loads of things when they offered discount vouchers then cancelling some of the items later mainly because they had failed to ship them.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #17
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Hereford, UK

I had this exact problem the other day.

I ordered an Xbox game and noticed I had accidently paid for next day delivery at 4.96 so I tried to cancel but it failed. I requested the order be cancelled over a 17 hour period but my reuqests were always denied. It was then shipped 22 hours after ordering and that was that.

I emailed them to cancel it immediately and after five days got a response saying:

'There is nothing we can do. We cannot refund you as you should have made sure to choose the right shipping option in the first place. Thanks for shopping with Zavvi.'

Fair enough but I thought this was rather rude and I had tried to cancel the order for almost an entire day while it was 'awaiting stock' so I believe they realised I had chose the wrong shipping option but wanted to con me out of 5 anyway.

Quote:

I have to say this is incorrect.

Amazon has always refunded me the difference if the price drops soon after ordering. Zavvi on the other hand never have and this has happened to me many times.

Will never use them again. Amazon and Sainsbury's will be the only places I shop from now on.

Last edited by Andy2992; 02-12-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-

Quote:

unlucky for you, amazon have done that for me! they even sent me difference when i bought a blu for 11 quid and wanted to buy another one the next day (it went up to 19 quid) sent them an email and they did it for me.

zavvi unfortuantly ate like the del boy of sellers! dodgey ! ive had to get roger rabbit through them, i live in fear as they are such a hit or miss company, mainly miss!!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #19

Sep 2012

If you want to get onto customer service with Zavvi, I'd recommend going via their facebook page. The staff operating the page there seem to be very helpful. My concern with zavvi is their poor packaging of steelbooks. I orderd Looper and it arrived in a thin jiffy bag and the case was riddled with dents.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #20

Oct 2011
UK

I actually find my self buying from Zavvi quite a bit, yes the customer service isn't the best. But, as someone mentioned if you message them via some sort of social media they'll get back to you quicker. I'd also think that Zavvi would be a bit more prepped' for any potential administration, as they've been there before.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland