Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Skylanders: Trap Team Starter Pack (PS3)
$20.12

NHL 12 (PS3)
$9.23

Rogue Warrior (PS3)
$23.17

Zumba Fitness (PS3)
$27.50

LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$23.77

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.99

Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PS3)
$18.39

Hitman: Absolution (PS3)
$14.57

The Last of Us (PS3)
$19.99

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
$21.85

Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
$24.65

Sonic Generations (PS3)
$14.77

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 07-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #41
Power Member

Nov 2007
Victoria, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinzo1975 View Post
I'll give it one thing... it's very unoriginal... So i won't give it anything!
Old 08-24-2008, 05:49 PM   #42
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

lots of new creepy vids at IGN. Graphics look improved and it looks creepy as hell.

One of the many vids
Game of the Year 2017: Assassin's Creed Origins
Game of the Year 2016: Overwatch
Game of the Year 2015: The Witcher III Wild Hunt
Old 08-24-2008, 05:51 PM   #43
Expert Member

Jun 2007
Camp Crystal Lake
Thumbs up

Can't wait for Dead Space, i hope it has a simillar atmosphere like DooM 3, that would be awesome Judging from the gameplayvids i'vae seen, it looks a lot like DooM 3
Horror Games & Movies enthusiast. Own a PS4? You're gladly welcome to join my Horror Games & Movies community with over 5.2K members. We discuss all kind of Horror daily. My PSN: LadiesMan2110
Old 09-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #44
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Has anyone been to no known survivors.com yet? It's an amazing website! There is so much back story for this game! it's pretty cool!
Old 09-06-2008, 08:09 PM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007

I'll check it out. If it's OTS and not FPS I'll pick it up. It looks good IMO.
Like zombies?

Check out my web series coming this summer! facebook.com/TalesOfA5thGradeZombieSlayer
Old 09-06-2008, 11:24 PM   #46
Banned

May 2007
Brussels, Belgium

There's a trailer on the PSN for deadspace for those who have access.
I wish there was a demo too
Old 09-13-2008, 06:23 PM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
MD

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Pre...ace-12176.html

Quote:
Take one part Hellraiser, one part Event Horizon, and two parts Resident Evil, and you might have an idea of what Dead Space is like. Featuring a massive desolate and degenerating ship as the main location, Dead Space puts players in a haunting tale of survival by using the environment as aspect of the story-telling process. While players explore the ship and uncover the secrets of the mining vessel, the USG Ishimura, they’ll encounter all sorts of ghastly creatures.

The game’s primal focus is on close-call, combat situations. This means that players will have to deal with terrifying threats in sometimes ridiculously small, cramped, or complicated areas. In some cases both the environment and the monsters will pose a threat. Fighting in a zero-gee atmosphere or with ship debris flying around causes for a high regard for combat tactics. But regardless of the environment and its hazards, the creatures themselves will always prove to be extremely dangerous. Much like Resident Evil 4, Dead Space contains quite a few instant-kill attacks from the monsters. Suffice to say, there are some very gruesome deaths that the lead protagonist, Isaac, will suffer if players get reckless.

I think, though, most readers have a good idea of what dangers they will be facing. So it’s time to talk about the different ways in which to dispatch, dismember or avoid these dangers. Unlike a lot of other action/horror games out there that encourage gamers to kill or be killed -- in just about every scenario -- Dead Space approaches enemy encounters as an obstacle for players to simply survive. So while battling some knife-handed, undead zombie, players might simply use Isaac’s laser-cutting tools to slice off an arm or a leg. From there, players can either stay and finish the creature off, or continue on and finish the mission. Sometimes survival in Dead Space is more important than the kill count. However, players who do prefer to rack up kills have a way of doing so with a large array of melee and projectile weapons. Such items can be attained by finding credits scattered throughout the game. After acquiring enough credits, they can then be used at in-game stores. These stores offer upgrades and new weapons and equipment. Isaac’s standard issue, engineering suit can also be upgraded as well, allowing players to endure more damage or breathe longer when there’s no atmosphere around.

Another highlight of Dead Space is the lack of a HUD. Players will have a greater focus with the action on-screen, rather than always checking their health gauge or ammo counter. Instead of the traditional life and ammo displays, Isaac’s health meter is located on the back of his suit, clearly visible for players to see. His ammo display also appears when players activate a weapon, so they know exactly how much ammo they have once they start firing (i.e., Halo, Doom 3)

With more than eight hours of gameplay, a thrilling narrative and a large, haunting atmosphere to explore, Dead Space is almost like the perfect Halloween treat. The game will be hitting store shelves on October 21st for the Xbox 360 and PS3. Be sure to stay tuned in with Blend Games for more news and info for all your favorite games.
Wait ... what ... "More than 8 hours" ... like, 8.2 hours ?
My interest is suddenly wanning...

Time is the School in Which We Learn
Time is the Fire in Which We Burn

Delmore Schwartz (1913-1966)
Old 09-13-2008, 06:36 PM   #48
Banned

May 2007
Brussels, Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
Wait ... what ... "More than 8 hours" ... like, 8.2 hours ?
My interest is suddenly wanning...
True, and this is a general issue. What happened to the 30 or 40 hours games ?
I'm hearing more and more of 10 hours 20 at very best.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:39 PM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
Lake Mary, FL Steelbooks™: 100+
Send a message via Skype™ to Morphine

Wow, this was one of the games I was looking forward. I guess is becoming harder and harder to come up with a long and fun game
PSN: Morphine16
Proud Member of Task Force 141
The Only Easy Day... Was Yesterday
Old 09-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #50
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexos View Post
True, and this is a general issue. What happened to the 30 or 40 hours games ?
I'm hearing more and more of 10 hours 20 at very best.
I know what you mean. I'm used to games like the Final Fantasy series, or Dragon Quest series. 100+ hours... eff this 10 hour junk.
Like zombies?

Check out my web series coming this summer! facebook.com/TalesOfA5thGradeZombieSlayer
Old 09-14-2008, 12:42 AM   #51
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

ign said last week that dp would have 12 levels that last an hour to 1.6 hours. Jwhere the hell did 8 come from?
Old 09-14-2008, 03:27 AM   #52
Banned

May 2007
Brussels, Belgium

Maybe there will be less and less demos available in the future cause if this shortening of games lifespan is a trend, demos might end up being half the game
Old 09-14-2008, 05:00 AM   #53

Jan 2008
Québec, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSX600F View Post
Can't wait for Dead Space, i hope it has a simillar atmosphere like DooM 3, that would be awesome Judging from the gameplayvids i'vae seen, it looks a lot like DooM 3

Doom 3 for me was... one of the most captivating experience in my video games existence. Just thinking about it, and i want to play again right away!

I really hope Dead Space will be a good game, i watched all the comics prelude on youtube, i will be getting the animation movie on blu-ray, i'm right into Dead Space mania, and i just hope it comes out as a Resident Evil meets Event Horizon.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #54
Power Member

Apr 2007
SoCal PSN:CaptBurn

I'm done buying games with 'just over 8 hours of gameplay'.

Seriously, consumers need to 'just say no' and realize that it's better to simply rent a title like this, play it through a few times, and walk away.

As great as Uncharted was even, for example, it's short campaign was abysmal for a $60 game and it REALLY need something more (i.e. online replay options). Anyone could have simply rented it and gotten all 48 trophies in a few days, then returned it completely done saving at least $52 (at least the game is cheaper now).

My point is, Deadspace simply doesn't seem to have the content to make it a purchase regardless how good it is. Content is king.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:56 PM   #55
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2007
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
I'm done buying games with 'just over 8 hours of gameplay'.

Seriously, consumers need to 'just say no' and realize that it's better to simply rent a title like this, play it through a few times, and walk away.

As great as Uncharted was even, for example, it's short campaign was abysmal for a $60 game and it REALLY need something more (i.e. online replay options). Anyone could have simply rented it and gotten all 48 trophies in a few days, then returned it completely done saving at least $52 (at least the game is cheaper now).

My point is, Deadspace simply doesn't seem to have the content to make it a purchase regardless how good it is. Content is king.

I thought Uncharted was great. I never felt the game to be short. I really don't mind these "8" hour games, especially with so many games coming out in the next few months. I agree with you that content is king, but that doesn't mean content should be 40+ hrs of gameplay. I played GTA4 for about 20 hrs, took a break and never went back because there were other games that I wanted to play. lol.

I guess that makes sense for people who buys 2-5 games a year. I tend to buy 2-5 games a month. lol.

Last edited by Beefbowl; 09-15-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:58 PM   #56
Banned

May 2007
Brussels, Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefbowl View Post
I thought Uncharted was great. I never felt the game to be short. I really don't mind these "8" hour games, especially with so many games coming out in the next few months. I agree with you that content is king, but that doesn't mean content should be 40+ hrs of gameplay. I played GTA4 for about 20 hrs, took a break and never went back because there were other games that I wanted to play. lol.
Yes but with a 40 hours game everybody has the choice to either play some hours then move on to the next game or play the full 40 hours before moving on to the next game.

With an 8 hours game we are all forced to leave pretty fast.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #57
Power Member

Sep 2008
Southern California
Send a message via AIM to hardcorefrokid Send a message via Skype™ to hardcorefrokid

Yeah! Dead Space!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:42 AM   #58
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Definitely interested in Dead Space after seeing one of the trailers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSX600F View Post
Can't wait for Dead Space, it reminds me a little bit on Doom3
Doom 3 was/is probably my favorite game so I've been hoping they would port Doom 3 to the PS3. After checking out the trailer for Dead Space at ebgames (to see what kind of game it is), I actually thought it was Doom 3 at first. Then I looked to see if the game was from id and was surprised to see it's from EA. Anyway, from what I saw in the trailer, it looked a lot like Doom 3 even appearing to use the same rooms and even some of the same conventions. In the comment section at ebgames, someone asked if it was essentially a rebranded Doom 3 and that's what I thought as well. I was going to ask about that here but looking at some of the earlier comments here, I guess that's not the case. Anyway, if it's not a rebranded D3, this looks like the best shot of seeing D3 on the PS3. I'm really hoping the atmosphere and sound are close to D3 since that was a big part of the game for me.

Edit: Dang, just saw it's 3rd person but oh well, that's probably better for me anyway since I still can't control FPS type games on a console (i.e. usually hit everything but what I'm aiming at).
PSN: OWA
XBL: OWAXB1

Last edited by owa; 10-06-2008 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #59
Expert Member

Apr 2007
Milwaukee, WI, USA PSNetwork ID: heathward Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA

i agree. Doom 3 was sensational. the experience was way more than any game can offer, at least on the PC. i have a feeling Dead Space is gonna be even better, if that is even possible. those are some big shoes to fill.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:17 PM   #60
Power Member

Apr 2007
SoCal PSN:CaptBurn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefbowl View Post

I guess that makes sense for people who buys 2-5 games a year. I tend to buy 2-5 games a month. lol.

The problem with GTA4 was that it wasn't over 8 hours of gameplay... it was about 5 hours of gameplay repeated 20 times to get '100 hours of gameplay'.

Repetitive gameplay doesn't count. I want at least 20 hours of original content for my $60 if there isn't going to be an online component to add gaming replay value.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3