Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99
23 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
21 hrs ago
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99
6 hrs ago
Inside Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99
12 hrs ago
X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

A Good Day to Die Hard (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Bourne Ultimatum (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Terminator (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
Expert Member

Jan 2006
Default Mapleshade ViviLink HDMI cable

Has anyone ever tried, or currently own, Mapleshade's ViviLink HDMI cable? It's only $125 for a 2m cable, but I would love to know if it's really a good cable -- it is said to eclipse the performance of AudioQuest's $1500 Diamond 2m HDMI cable (the current reference HDMI cable of all, according to Mapleshade).

Thanks
Old 02-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
jO-hio

Is there something malfunctioning with your current HDMI cables?

Bill
Wives and toddlers...can't live with them and people notice them missing.
Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous
Old 02-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #3

Jan 2012
Michigan

|| AVR - Onkyo TX-NR1009 || Amps - Emotiva XPA-2 / Emotiva IPS-1 (7 Channel) || TV - Misubishi WD60737 || BD Player - Sony BDP-S790 || CD Player - Denon DCM-290 || Gaming - Modified PS3 Fat / Modified Wii / PS4 || Main L&R - Polk Audio LSi9 || Center - PolkAudio LSiC || Surround - Polk Audio Monitor OWM3 || Subwoofer - Polk Audio PSW505 || Harmony Ultimate Remote ||
Old 02-20-2013, 01:51 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada

OP apologies but that is the worst cheap looking cable I ever saw and at that price I'd want pretty at least
Old 02-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Dayton,Ohio

I thought this was funny

And, not coincidentally, the Vivilink will also yield significantly better audio quality than other HDMI cables. However, you will get even better audio performance by using our Mapleshade digital coaxial interconnects to carry the digital audio signal over a path separate from the HDMI cable, wherever possible. Audio always sounds better if it is not bundled inside an HDMI cable together with video and power wires
Old 02-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujacket View Post
I thought this was funny

And, not coincidentally, the Vivilink will also yield significantly better audio quality than other HDMI cables. However, you will get even better audio performance by using our Mapleshade digital coaxial interconnects to carry the digital audio signal over a path separate from the HDMI cable, wherever possible. Audio always sounds better if it is not bundled inside an HDMI cable together with video and power wires

Wow, well I guess if they find a sucker for the first cable they will now sell 2 and they are so cheap for hyper quality cables

What it scary though is they will sell, so many hum "audiophiles" have no idea of the concept of digital sources. Outside of jitter, which is now way better dealt with and mostly by the decoders with better error correction applied by the encoding, than cables anyways, there is nothing that will change if the cable is built to spec and not defective. Again my opinion, like any other cables is to buy a well built cable with good connectors, that's all. But they will argue that they hear or see things that have been tested to be false, but they can
Old 02-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #7

Jan 2012
Michigan

Had a quick look at their web page, that place is a one stop rip off shop.
CD treatments that claim to make audio sound so much better, brass weights you set on top of your equipment that makes every thing sound better....... mmmhhmmm sure they do. I think I'll pass on any product they sell.
|| AVR - Onkyo TX-NR1009 || Amps - Emotiva XPA-2 / Emotiva IPS-1 (7 Channel) || TV - Misubishi WD60737 || BD Player - Sony BDP-S790 || CD Player - Denon DCM-290 || Gaming - Modified PS3 Fat / Modified Wii / PS4 || Main L&R - Polk Audio LSi9 || Center - PolkAudio LSiC || Surround - Polk Audio Monitor OWM3 || Subwoofer - Polk Audio PSW505 || Harmony Ultimate Remote ||
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Display Theory and Discussion