Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.69
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.79
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
$32.01
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.04
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3)
$19.99
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
WRC 4 - FIA World Rally Championship (PS3)
$14.99
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$17.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 02-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #41
Blu-ray Baron

May 2009
Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Well then let's hope Polyphony doesn't go back to the Premium/Standard cars route again.

I wish this was for the PS4 though. Could've been an excellent launch title and would help the console sell like hotcakes.
My Top 5 Movies of 2017: Dunkirk | Blade Runner 2049 | Logan | Baby Driver | Your Name (Kimi no Nawa)

My Current Avatar: Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion

A lot of people ask me where I get my username from... you're welcome.
PSN ID: kotsedriver
Old 03-01-2013, 02:04 AM   #42
Power Member

Jul 2009
Bayonne, NJ, USA

I agree that they could fine-tune the actual format of the game.

GT5 had way too much grinding and hoop-jumping.

Want to play this cup? Well, you this need this car. Don't have this car? Well, just hunt for one (F1 anyone? ). Don't have enough money to buy one? Well, replay the same races over and over. Want this one really amazing car? Spend the next year racing 20 minute long races over and over.

They could have solved this by just providing rental cars for cups. You know, if you want to play the F1 cup, you can rent said car if you don't have one. But you can't use it outside this cup unless you buy your own.

That and maybe once you beat the campaign mode, have all the cars available for playing with in arcade mode.
Hello Everynyan! How are you, fine thank you.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:05 AM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Connecticut

^that right here was the most annoying thing.. lol I raced at indy so many times to get those credits.
Got my first Blu-ray on September 28th 2011!
100 Blu-ray's on 2/10/13

PS4 tag= Subaru1324
Old 03-02-2013, 01:12 AM   #44
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I'm really starting to believe that this will indeed be a PS3 game. An E3 reveal maybe. Stupid move if you ask me.

Quote:
SCEE president and CEO Jim Ryan has said that, despite the release of the PlayStation 4 by the end of 2013, there are still 'highly significant' PS3 games that are yet to be announced.

"I'd point to the software line-up on PS3 that we have coming up - God of War: Ascension next month, The Last of Us, which is looking great, and Beyond later in the year," he said.

"And there's other stuff yet to be announced, which is highly significant too. There's a lot coming on PS3 and it's going to be very important to us for some time yet."
GT6 would count as highly significant right?
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:15 AM   #45

Aug 2009

Very stupid move.

They've known PS4 was in the making for many years now. Most people knew it would be coming out 2012 or 2013..... The fact that PD has been developing this on PS3 despite knowing PS4 was being made, shows how horribly mis-managed they are.
Most Wanted Games

Killzone: Shadowfall -- InFamous: Second Son
Old 03-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #46
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2006
Find Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNathanDrake View Post
Very stupid move.

They've known PS4 was in the making for many years now. Most people knew it would be coming out 2012 or 2013..... The fact that PD has been developing this on PS3 despite knowing PS4 was being made, shows how horribly mis-managed they are.
they could be doing this. to throw people off. and, it is coming out for the ps4.
Uplay: JasonVoorhees98 Steam: JasonVoorhees987
Origin: JasonVoorhees987 XBL: CMaggotbone
Social Club: GrimReaper4383 PSN: GrimReaper4383
Nintendo Friend Code: SW-5607-0124-5713
My PSN Profile Destiny "Public Events"
My Blu-Ray Collection My Destiny Profiles Battleborn Shift Codes
Old 03-02-2013, 02:41 AM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

So what if it comes out on PS3?

I mean looking at it from a business perspective, it does make sense AND we have had examples of high profil titles launch on the earlier platform before with God of War II being a prime example.

Don't despair is what i'm really trying to say, we'll get a Gran Turismo game on PS4 soon enough. In fact, all the assets should technically be ready to roll for PS4 sooner rather than later, so i'm expecting a GT game on PS4 within a year of release or close to.

PS3 is a solid platform and although we'd all like a much shinier version of GT on the PS4, the actual gameplay modes and mechanics they'd give are still going to be highly playable on PS3.

I genuinely think they were well into the development of GT6 on PS3 before they announced PS4 and that's why they're not transferring it over, because Drive Club is going to be a market test for Sony in terms of how racing games perform on the PS4 with all the new social elements and you can bet your pay cheque they'll then use that knowledge to structure in the GT formula for the next gen with much more social emphasis
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
PSN ID: NARMAK
Old 03-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #48
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I care because I'm not going to invest the amount of time a GT game requires in a PS3 game once I have a PS4. Same thing happened when big PS2 games came out when we got PS3. I never completed any of them once I had the PS3, there was no point playing in the past.
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Connecticut

^ That's true.
Got my first Blu-ray on September 28th 2011!
100 Blu-ray's on 2/10/13

PS4 tag= Subaru1324
Old 03-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I care because I'm not going to invest the amount of time a GT game requires in a PS3 game once I have a PS4. Same thing happened when big PS2 games came out when we got PS3. I never completed any of them once I had the PS3, there was no point playing in the past.
This is a good point. Once I get the PS4 its very unlikely I'll ever turn the PS3 back on for any long period of time. Options like share and streaming the gameplay experiences available on the PS4 will be so superior to the PS3 I cant ever see myself going back, especially to a game that requires as much of your time as Gran Turismo.

I'll be thinking the whole time: Wish I could share that video...or wish I could be viewing or broadcasting a stream of me or someone racing...
4K > 1080p
Old 03-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #51
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I think this usually does happen with most consoles, but i've actually been thinking that since we've got to the 'HD era', it would be less of an issue to go back to like the PS3 and play the game happily.

Still, i completely understand why people are bummed it didn't transfer over, and although i kinda understand, i totally understand. PS3 is 70+ million units and counting especially in emerging economies, so they look forwards to high profile titles.

Like i said, i'd rather they keep GT6 on this gen and use the possible experience of Drive Club and all the social elements that has when it launches to create the next evolution of GT's formula for PS4.

I'm sure it'll be wait the worth but tbh, i don't know how many people are actually trying to hold back or something. I'm also going into two minds until i see the pricing of the PS4.

I'll probably pick GT6 up only cause i'll be the one upgrading to PS4 first while my lil bro keep the PS3 going and i'll likely end up getting the next few big hits
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
Old 03-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2006
Atlanta, Georgia

Quote:
Very stupid move.

Business wise, it is a smart move. From an armchair, this may look like a "very stupid move". Now, let's think about this for a minute.

You are making a profit on the PS3 console sales. You would be taking a loss on EVERY PS4 sold. From a business standpoint, selling more PS4s at launch equals losing lots of money. Meanwhile, EVERYTHING on PS3 is pure profit. That PS3 profit offsets the loss on selling PS4 (and then some). If your PS3 sales flatline, by going the fan method, the company loses tons of money.

Sony has enough 1st party studios to go around. Sit back and relax. Remember, this is a business. There will be plenty of games to play on the PS4, from 1st and 3rd party developers.

Why is it so fashionable to be so negative, these days?
My Blu-ray/DVD Collection
PS3 Games: 34 + 20 PSN games
Sony PS3 60/160GB and 40GB
Sony KDSR70XBR2 HDTV
Sony STRDA5200ES 1080p Upconverting A/V Receiver
Old 03-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #53
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Whichever format it comes out on, I hope it's an improvement over GT5. That game is as sterile and lifeless as the guy in charge at Polyphony (seriously what a joyless drone! I don't think I have ever seen that guy smile once).

Im actually hoping for a cross platform release.
"Live in your hopes, not in your fears."
Old 03-03-2013, 02:40 AM   #54
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2006
Find Me!

http://www.gtplanet.net/sony-wont-cl...playstation-3/
Uplay: JasonVoorhees98 Steam: JasonVoorhees987
Origin: JasonVoorhees987 XBL: CMaggotbone
Social Club: GrimReaper4383 PSN: GrimReaper4383
Nintendo Friend Code: SW-5607-0124-5713
My PSN Profile Destiny "Public Events"
My Blu-Ray Collection My Destiny Profiles Battleborn Shift Codes
Old 03-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #55
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended_Saiyan View Post
Business wise, it is a smart move. From an armchair, this may look like a "very stupid move". Now, let's think about this for a minute.

You are making a profit on the PS3 console sales. You would be taking a loss on EVERY PS4 sold. From a business standpoint, selling more PS4s at launch equals losing lots of money. Meanwhile, EVERYTHING on PS3 is pure profit. That PS3 profit offsets the loss on selling PS4 (and then some). If your PS3 sales flatline, by going the fan method, the company loses tons of money.

Sony has enough 1st party studios to go around. Sit back and relax. Remember, this is a business. There will be plenty of games to play on the PS4, from 1st and 3rd party developers.

Why is it so fashionable to be so negative, these days?
What makes you think GT6 on the PS3 is going to be a big boost to PS3 console sales? The 9 million people who bought GT5 already have a PS3. I very much doubt theres a few million people somewhere who are waiting for GT6 to buy a PS3.

The PS3 doesnt need GT6 to sale more consoles. It needs a price drop. It already has a massive library of games, it doesnt need GT6. PS4 needs GT6. GT6 needs to be on the PS4 within 12 months of its launch to give the console an early boost, the same type of boost GT3 gave PS2. Theres a reason why GT3 is by far the best selling Gran Turismo to date.

Yes, there will be plenty of games to play on the PS4, but the sequel to the highest selling exclusive PS3 game will not be playable on the PS4. Thats a big problem. How idiotic would it be for Microsoft to release Halo 4 for the 360 this Holiday season beside the Durango?
4K > 1080p

Last edited by bluearth; 03-03-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #56
Special Member

Aug 2011
Right here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmaker View Post
whichever format it comes out on, i hope it's an improvement over gt5. That game is as sterile and lifeless as the guy in charge at polyphony (seriously what a joyless drone! I don't think i have ever seen that guy smile once).

Im actually hoping for a cross platform release.
yes!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #57

Aug 2009

At the end of the day, Sony Computer Entertainment's biggest goal should be to sell as many PS4's as possible.

Putting GT6 on PS3 is not going to do that.
Most Wanted Games

Killzone: Shadowfall -- InFamous: Second Son
Old 03-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #58
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
At the end of the day, Sony Computer Entertainment's biggest goal should be to sell as many PS4's as possible.

Putting GT6 on PS3 is not going to do that.
You do realise that Sony selling GT6 on the PS3 makes more sense right? They make money on every console and game sold. They'll end up earning much more and thus end up subsidising the cost to them of the next generation that usually means they'll suffer a loss. I actually think they're deliberately releasing on PS3 because of that and it will help them price the PS4 lower on launch as a result.

The GT5/6 formula is 'old' for what the PS4s new social type features are set to include, which is why Drive Club is the perfect reason to hold off on a PS4 GT game because they'll need to know how to implement such features into a GT game for the next gen.

I'm pretty sure they could also use the extra 12 months or so to make sure fully premium models are included for all the cars in as high a detail as possible.

I said before, it would have been nice eye candy, but with a 'next gen' people also expect improvements in the gameplay and transferring GT to PS4 with the current fomula wouldn't have done that at all, so i'm more than happy for them to put it off and make what truly is a next gen GT game
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
Old 03-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #59
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Oxford

Narmak, with all due respect, unless the public is willing to buy GT5.2, then what on earth could Sony sell with GT6 that would make it's fans spend cash on week of release? My understanding was that GT5 pushed the PS3 to it's limits with it's Full HD cars and environments, plus more than 1000 cars in it's inventory. How do you follow up such content a mere 3 years after the release of the previous game? I just can't imagine them releasing anything amounting to any more than the proverbial icing on the cake.
Samsung 3D F6800 40". PS4 Pro. AMD 8370/RX480 8 Gig gaming rig. Launch PS4 as BD player.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #60
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildWhelk View Post
Narmak, with all due respect, unless the public is willing to buy GT5.2, then what on earth could Sony sell with GT6 that would make it's fans spend cash on week of release? My understanding was that GT5 pushed the PS3 to it's limits with it's Full HD cars and environments, plus more than 1000 cars in it's inventory. How do you follow up such content a mere 3 years after the release of the previous game? I just can't imagine them releasing anything amounting to any more than the proverbial icing on the cake.
I think i mentioned what the next gen GT game should have.

All cars premium modelled
New gameplay modes with social integration (like Drive Club is promising)

And that's pretty much all the next gen GT game needs content wise along with everything it currently has or had included again from all the previous iterations.

Also, i'm not quite sure what you were trying to say in the bit i highlighted in bold. It's a bit confusing unless you basically meant that GT has nowhere else to go except to add more shiny graphics and stick it on the next gen.

I would disagree with that simply on the basis that although GT is a simulator based game, there are many, many innovative features it lacks that could be added and make it a consumate racing game. Forza had the custom designed paint/wrap abilities and socially integrating in clubs and teams would be a good place to start as well.

Theres quite a few things that the current GT formula needs adding to it, not just more shiny graphics etc. before it will truly feel at home on the next gen PS4 and all that is going to offer

Also, i'm pretty sure they haven't got the social integrated aspects already into the game and to add them would make it a lenghty process so it's best that GT6 release on PS3 and the 7th iteration be on the next gen.

I think GT6 will definitely be the swan song for GT games on this gen though
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3