Best iTunes Deals

Top iTunes Deals, Cheap iTunes Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Supernatural, Season 1 (iTunes)$9.99 The Conjuring (iTunes)$9.99 I Am Legend (iTunes)$9.99 Shaun of the Dead (iTunes)$9.99 The Goonies (iTunes)$9.99 The Shining (iTunes)$9.99 Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (iTunes)$9.99 The Exorcist (iTunes)$9.99 Donnie Darko (iTunes)$9.99 Dawn of the Dead (iTunes)$9.99 Monsters, Inc. (iTunes)$14.99
Constantine (iTunes)$9.99 The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (iTunes)$9.99
The Lost Boys (iTunes)$9.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 02-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY
Default Cinemanow problem?

Anyone else try to do the "disc to digital" program today and get a request to link your ultraviolet account? Mine is already linked. A co-worker had the same problem and, when I just talked to customer service, they said they've received a lot of phone calls about it.
An OT release of the Star Wars Trilogy is the "gay marriage" of home video: the dark side keeps fighting against it, saying that only a small amount of people really want it. However, in no way will it affect their love and enjoyment of their current "situation."
And the good side realizes that it will make millions of people happy and society will only benefit from it.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #2

Dec 2008

I had the same problem too today. Trying to clear up some space on my shelves and I have about 30 movies I wanted to do today but every one I tried, HD or SD, gave me the same error. I have been back and forth on the website and it has been a bit screwy today with my library, sometimes showing all movies, then no UV titles at all, then some UVs. I'll just try again tomorrow and hope it's fixed.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #3

Jan 2013
North Canton, OH

I didn't have any problems doing a few from the Mac software earlier today, but I had 2 discs that were giving me fits so I tried them on Windows where they show up correctly, but I can't buy D2D because it keeps asking me to link to UV when I already am.

(FYI, LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA DVD shows up as an ineligible Blu-ray (?!) on the Mac, while ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN DVD only offers me SD... both correctly offer HD on Windows, go figure.)
Old 02-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #4

Feb 2013
Ashville, OH

I am having the same issue. It asks to link to my UV account. Also, none of my titles show up in the client to download. The website is not working well either. It shows all of my collection, but when I click on many of them it gives me the option to buy instead of watch.

So clearly they are having some linking issues.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #5

Jan 2009

Having trouble playing movies using the CinemaNow app on PS3 as well.
Gives me an error code 551 to enter on CinemaNow's support site......which shows to be down

Movies that I purchased from CinemaNow seem to be working, but all other UV titles give the same error.
Samsung PN50A550 | Sony PS3 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | Pioneer CLD-D702
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K | eD A6 -6T6 towers | A6 - 6T6 center | eD A2-300
Old 02-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

OK, here's something I came across recently. How long do you have a movie once you purchase it? I had extras of XM: First Class, Horrible Bosses and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but the first two say they are currently unavailable. Is there a time limit?
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #7
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

can you guys access cinemanow's website at ALL?

for two days now, when I go there I see the logo at the top, and a search box, then the rest of the screen is blank until the bottom with the page links. But click on any of those and I get the same blank page.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
Old 02-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
OK, here's something I came across recently. How long do you have a movie once you purchase it? I had extras of XM: First Class, Horrible Bosses and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but the first two say they are currently unavailable. Is there a time limit?
Well, apparently, even if you own it, you don't get it forever if they lose the rights to it.

That's what I don't like about this bullshit "cloud" thing.

Discs need to live forever.
An OT release of the Star Wars Trilogy is the "gay marriage" of home video: the dark side keeps fighting against it, saying that only a small amount of people really want it. However, in no way will it affect their love and enjoyment of their current "situation."
And the good side realizes that it will make millions of people happy and society will only benefit from it.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #9

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
Well, apparently, even if you own it, you don't get it forever if they lose the rights to it.

That's what I don't like about this bullshit "cloud" thing.

Discs need to live forever.
CinemaNow is also the only provider I've seen so far that restricts licenses where if you download and then deleted a movie, you lose 1 of your 5 licenses for that title forever, and there is no way to get a license back if your hard drive/phone crashes or needs to be reformatted, etc. I try to restrict my downloading of movies with them so I don't lose access on their site.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #10

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
can you guys access cinemanow's website at ALL?

for two days now, when I go there I see the logo at the top, and a search box, then the rest of the screen is blank until the bottom with the page links. But click on any of those and I get the same blank page.
Other than the Support section, I haven't had any problems with the site.
I can play all my movies from my PC.
The only problem I have noticed is the PS3 app.
Samsung PN50A550 | Sony PS3 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | Pioneer CLD-D702
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K | eD A6 -6T6 towers | A6 - 6T6 center | eD A2-300
Old 03-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #11

Jan 2013
North Canton, OH

Seems as if the Windows software is working again for Disc to Digital -- anyone else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

Yep, I can access the site no problem. Getting good customer service, that's another thing. Waiting on a rep to get back to me with my particular problem. As others pointed out, they are the only one's that seem to have a time limit on their movies. I usually put things on iTunes, but might have to go a different direction now that I'm a Galaxy SIII owner. That, or just download them to my old iPhone and use it like a iPod for my little guy.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Old 03-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #13
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

cinemanow working fine for me now. Had to empty my temp internet files and such. Not sure what the problem was.

...now if only I could get Flixster to find the 30 UV titles that arent showing
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
Old 03-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #14

Feb 2013
Ashville, OH

Mine seems to be working now too.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:25 AM   #15

Dec 2010
NYC
Send a message via Yahoo to theguru14

What do you mean time limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Yep, I can access the site no problem. Getting good customer service, that's another thing. Waiting on a rep to get back to me with my particular problem. As others pointed out, they are the only one's that seem to have a time limit on their movies. I usually put things on iTunes, but might have to go a different direction now that I'm a Galaxy SIII owner. That, or just download them to my old iPhone and use it like a iPod for my little guy.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #16

Dec 2012

Cinemanow won't load my entire UV library it stops at 939, have over 1400. And my library won't load at all on my ps3. Hope Rovi sells it to someone who can actually maintain it!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #17

Dec 2010
NYC

My library loaded up just fine just now. I only have 1/3 of what you have, but that should not make a difference. Question, is your entire library listed by date of purchase? I ask because mine is random and it changes every time I click on each of the 8 pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinit View Post
Cinemanow won't load my entire UV library it stops at 939, have over 1400. And my library won't load at all on my ps3. Hope Rovi sells it to someone who can actually maintain it!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:02 AM   #18

Jan 2013

me and several of my friends all lost our stored credit on Cinemanow a of today. Anybody else running into this problem? Hoping it's just a temporary issue.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:09 AM   #19

Dec 2010
NYC

Same here. Just got off the phone with them. They said it should be back within 24 hours.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:29 AM   #20

Dec 2008

I lost all of my credit too. Called customer service and they said they are working on it. Please allow 24 hours.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies