Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Fastball $12.56 (6 hours left)
Soon: The Taking of Pelham One Two T… ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$12.85
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.77
XBlaze Lost: Memories (PS3)
$18.44
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.69
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.29
Monster High New Ghoul In School (PS3)
$32.69
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! (PS3)
$16.08
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.99
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$17.49
Record of Agarest War 2 (PS3)
$14.31
The Last of Us (PS3)
$18.90
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 06-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #21
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...14-inside-look

EA Sports NCAA 14: Inside Look by Adam Rank

Quote:

LOS ANGELES - I got a chance Tuesday to talk to Electronic Arts Sports general manager of football Cam Weber about the upcoming EA Sports "NCAA Football 14" at the annual Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), the annual trade fair for the computer and video game industry. Many companies like EA use E3 to show its latest innovations. No doubt, I was ready to take a look at the college football version.

This might just be me, but the college game lags just a touch behind the Madden franchise. Yet, they've made great strides last year, especially with the passing features. You can lob passes and "drop it into the bucket" of your receiver, which is awesome when you build your squad around speedy receivers.

Plus, they eliminated the leaping linebackers. Holy heck! Those leaping linebackers in the older versions were more maddening than the traffic on the 110 freeway leaving the Los Angeles Convention Center.

I figured I wouldn't have to invest in a new copy this year. I normally upgrade my NCAA game about once every two or three years. I really like to build dynasties. My current UNLV dynasty is close to its third national championship, and there is an awesome recruiting class behind it. (Although the Adam Rank Jr. I created in recruiting mode is headed to UCLA ... ungrateful computer-generated kids.) So that was that, I figured I would save my money and be cool with last year's version.

Weber was quick to point out that I was wrong about this.

For starters, the game play has been improved with more than 30 different option types. And I love the option. As you can tell, I typically don't start my dynasty with USC, Oregon or SEC schools. I like to build up small schools. I'm like the gamer version of Boise State's Chris Petersen. So I like to recruit those speedy quarterbacks who can run.

The option also is much better in the new version. Too many times you flip the ball into nowhere. That has been improved. You can even highlight a defensive player to read, so it makes the game more authentic. You can tell Weber appreciates the realism because he was a quarterback at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver.

Before you ask, no, none of those fake universities you can stack your roster with is modeled after SFU. (Weber does have the pull to make this happen. He should do it.)

Even then, the option isn't enough to make me go after this game. But then Weber said the words that were music to my ears: improved recruiting.

Remember the older games that had the phone calls? My favorite was the call meter that featured the kid's face, which would become enraged if you talked too much about on-campus atmosphere.

The phone calls are gone. (Thankfully) Instead, you invest points into recruits you really want to go after. So each week, you can adjust your point totals accordingly.

And then there is a brand new coaching tree with 18 upgradeable, multi-level skills spread across two skill trees for head coaches, as well as separate skill trees for offensive and defensive coordinators. You can decide on what kind of coach you want to be. Although "break a bunch of rules, get your team on probation and then bolt to the NFL" isn't currently an option. It should be.

What does that all mean? NCAA football is once again going to get my money when I buy this year's version of the game. I'm a sucker for the recruiting, and anything that can streamline the process a little bit is a bonus. Honestly, when you play enough dynasties, the recruiting calls can be a bit tedious.

And seriously, I'm so tired of the "academic reputation" as one of the pitches. Nobody is coming to my UNLV dynasty because of the academic reputation. (Not that UNLV is a bad school. It's not good in the game, and there is no way to improve that part of your school.) Anything to make that easier will make it that much better.

Maybe this time around, I can get my fake kid to come to my school, too.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #22
Special Member

Jan 2011
PA

The Demo was released today
Featuring a full game and 3 minute quarters, players will get to feel the Infinity Engine 2 and see the new ESPN graphics. The demo will also feature the new coordinator camera angle and Skills Trainer mode.

Matchups for the NCAA Football 14 Demo

Alabama vs. Virginia Tech
Oregon vs. Texas A&M
Ohio State vs. Michigan
Old 06-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #23
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxtra30 View Post
The Demo was released today
Featuring a full game and 3 minute quarters, players will get to feel the Infinity Engine 2 and see the new ESPN graphics. The demo will also feature the new coordinator camera angle and Skills Trainer mode.

Matchups for the NCAA Football 14 Demo

Alabama vs. Virginia Tech
Oregon vs. Texas A&M
Ohio State vs. Michigan
Its not is the PS Store yet for me, it hasn't updated. You'd think they could do 5 minutes like Madden did last year.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #24
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Two things confirmed.

1- Export of NCAA graduating/leaving into Madden 25

2- Uniform degradation including for white uniforms.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #25
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Found the demo. Had to spell it out in the Search beyond NC which brought up all the other NCAA games. Weird. 1.9 GB.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #26
Special Member

Jan 2011
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
Found the demo. Had to spell it out in the Search beyond NC which brought up all the other NCAA games. Weird. 1.9 GB.
Let us know if any good. I'll download when I get home from work and try it tonight.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #27
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

I like it, its challenging on All American. You get Ultimate team packs for sending out messages to your friends and playing the demo games. They last awhile too since the clock stops when the chains move. I have played twice, yet to win. Both times the OSU/Mich game on both sides. Best I did was 21/24. There is a tutorial with medals too, might get something for all gold, I don't know.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #28
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

A couple new things, the RB is VERY maneuverable and Ball Hawk which is hit when the opposing QB passes to move to the defender closest to the receiver and then to INT the ball. These are all in the practice part too. They brought back R2 for sprint. I was fine without it. Disappointingly much of the dialog is the same but there is a new halftime show, with the game clock ticking for realism. But the halftime show is not in the demo.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #29
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

These new option plays are going to be very hard to defend. Wow. Getting 12.5 ypg with QB keepers.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #30
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

I'm not deep into the games or anything, but to my untrained eye, it looked virtually identical to NCAA13 with a slightly better coat of paint on it.
Playstation Platinums:

Burnout Paradise // Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs // Infamous 2 // Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 // Prototype 2 (ps3) // Infamous: Second Son // The Walking Dead (Ps3/Ps4)
Old 06-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #31
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo The Perverted View Post
I'm not deep into the games or anything, but to my untrained eye, it looked virtually identical to NCAA13 with a slightly better coat of paint on it.
Last year, your running back was like a Mack truck. This year, he moves like a Ferrari.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
Sunny California

I'm loving the demo so far
Old 06-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #33
Special Member

Dec 2008
Greenville, SC USA

Quote:

Those rankings are a joke...

North Carolina being ranked 91 overall? The same North Carolina that went a pathetic 8-4 in the "wanna be" conference also known as the ACC?

The same North Carolina that is a 2 touchdown underdog to South Carolina to start the season and is yet, ranked a point higher overall?

Clowney anyone?

- NASTY

- NASTY

All codes are from USA Blu-rays. First PM gets them. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #34
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Some of the ratings are always off. They have NC higher than Louisville who beat them AND the Gayturds (who destroyed SC).
Old 06-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #35

Jul 2010

Quote:
Some of the ratings are always off. They have NC higher than Louisville who beat them AND the Gayturds (who destroyed SC).
You mean the Chompions?
Old 06-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #36
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckah28 View Post
You mean the Chompions?
You know,

not The Good

nor The Bad

but the UGLY

Old 07-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #37
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

For those with EA Season Pass the early release is available now. you have to have the EA Sports Central app to DL it.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #38
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

The game IS MUCH BETTER than the demo. A pregame show, a halftime show in dynasty. You earn points for unlocks in Dynasty like for things like your qb won't get rattled at away games. Lots of new banter. Lots of new things at schools such as Twitter addresses and sayings. Better control of the running back. I think passing is better, I have less INTs.

There are some things wrong that hopefully are fixed in the game. My first game was a home game in dry conditions and the away team's uniforms didn't degrade. I've played 2 games, including a wet game, and the field didn't degrade. Coaches haven't been upgraded, hopefully its only the early release that is effected because coaches are assigned levels and depending on the level it effects the unlocks you have and I think the points to spend on recruiting. For example they still have Holtz at USF, not LA Tech so there are two wrong. Skip is level 6. Willie Taggart, their current coach is still at WKU and is level 12. Also LA Tech's coach is at Cal. I hope they are all correct in game.

Also no American logo anywhere in the game, hope that is fixed.

So a few things wrong but overall, this is much closer than the real deal than EA has ever put out.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #39
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Detroit, MI

So i'm sitting here kinda upset and a little nervous. I ordered it on Bestbuy.com and have free expedited shipping so i should get it on release day (today) and it still hasn't shipped. So pissed.
Hate Kills Us All
Old 07-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #40
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Raleigh, NC

Quote:
For those with EA Season Pass the early release is available now. you have to have the EA Sports Central app to DL it.
I hate that past EDT on the east coast that I can't pay to activate my early release copy yet. I hope that's something that gets better next gen.

Anyways the game seems great and I can't wait to start ultimate team.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Tags
ea sports, ncaa 14, ncaa football