Best iTunes Deals

Top iTunes Deals, Cheap iTunes Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Arrow, Season 1 (iTunes)$19.99

Breaking Bad, Season 3 (iTunes)$19.99

Breaking Bad, Season 4 (iTunes)$19.99

Arrow, Season 2 (iTunes)$19.99

The Walking Dead: Season 2 (iTunes)$25.99

Batman, Season 3 (iTunes)$29.99

Batman, Season 2, Part 2 (iTunes)$29.99

Batman, Season 2, Part 1 (iTunes)$29.99

Batman, Season 1 (iTunes)$29.99

The Walking Dead: Season 4 (iTunes)$32.99

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (iTunes)$32.99

House of Cards, Season 1 (iTunes)$19.99

Modern Family, Season 3 (iTunes)$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 05-31-2013, 04:22 AM   #41

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighanneStokes View Post
I could not enter my code for my Hansel and Gretal combo pack I purchased at WalMart today.
Try going into Vudu and directly redeeming it there instead of using the website listed in the pack. I had to do that when I entered mine a couple of weeks ago.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #42
Special Member

Oct 2010
New England, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by seregloth View Post
If you preorder tickets to the 7 PM Thursday June 13th showing of MoS (not sold out yet at my local WM) you get a VUDU code for:

3 Superman Animated Series Episodes (Little Piece of Home, Stolen Memories, Feeding Time). These make a nice follow up to the "Last Son of Krypton" UV code. (They are VUDU only at this point in time.)

Exclusive Man of Steel prequel comic by Goyer (featuring Kara).

Opportunity to pre-order Man of Steel movie:
VUDU Only: $20
Blu-Ray + Vudu: $26.95 (I think that was it)

Includes Exclusive content.
Man of Steel: An Inside Look
Man of Steel: Motion Comic
Man of Steel: Exclusive Content

Placeholder date is November 1st. (Doesn't mention an early digital release at this point in time).
Another bonus someone mentioned was that (assumedly) if you have any VUDU credit around, even if you made a new VUDU account if you'd maxed out your other codes was that you'd be able to preorder Man of Steel vudu/bd at whatever discount you got the credit at. 5x$5 would cover most of the Bd+VUDU version, or 3 x $10 would cover all of it.
Now running in 3D with the LG Cinema 3D (nominally showing 3D in 1080i per eye) 47LW6500 (up-or-down-or-side-graded from a 50" Sammy 3D Plasma) and a Benq W1080ST and a 130" screen.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #43
Power Member

Jul 2012
ND, USA

Man of Steel preorder on sale June 14.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370844194.290527.jpg

Last edited by disneywildcat; 06-10-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #44

Nov 2010
Bend, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by seregloth View Post
Another bonus someone mentioned was that (assumedly) if you have any VUDU credit around, even if you made a new VUDU account if you'd maxed out your other codes was that you'd be able to preorder Man of Steel vudu/bd at whatever discount you got the credit at. 5x$5 would cover most of the Bd+VUDU version, or 3 x $10 would cover all of it.
Are you basically saying that the pre-order will use whatever credit you have?
"I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?"
"I think you can in Europe."

Formerly: heroes55
Old 06-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Sorry, but 27 bucks(plus tax) seems a little stiff for the Man of Steel preorder. Especially since it's for the 2D Blu-ray combo pack and not the 3D one.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #46
Special Member

Oct 2010
New England, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroes55 View Post
Are you basically saying that the pre-order will use whatever credit you have?
I think the statement must be untested as they haven't actually charged my card for the pre-order yet (must be waiting til the in-store one goes live).
But if it's like every other purchase I've made at VUDU, that would be the case yes. Someone else told me that is what happened, but I've had cause to question whether they knew that to be accurate or not since then.

But that is how every other purchase I've made directly on VUDU worked to date.

Also, if someone pre-ordering in stores is willing to send me their pre-order card, I'd give them a VUDU code for 3 Superman Animated Series episodes and the prequel comic. I wonder if this means there's a chance it will be a digibook like their last WB lenticular card pre-order?
Now running in 3D with the LG Cinema 3D (nominally showing 3D in 1080i per eye) 47LW6500 (up-or-down-or-side-graded from a 50" Sammy 3D Plasma) and a Benq W1080ST and a 130" screen.

Last edited by seregloth; 06-10-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #47
Power Member

Jul 2012
ND, USA

I got the Iron Man 3 preorder, and although it states you will get Blu- ray + DVD with digital copy, do you think Vudu will only send us the Blu-ray/DVD combo pack without a digital copy since we will have a Vudu copy available when it releases and the fact that Disney will still release a combo pack without the digital copy?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #48

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywildcat View Post
I got the Iron Man 3 preorder, and although it states you will get Blu- ray + DVD with digital copy, do you think Vudu will only send us the Blu-ray/DVD combo pack without a digital copy since we will have a Vudu copy available when it releases and the fact that Disney will still release a combo pack without the digital copy?

With past preorders, you got the normal, retail Blu that came with the iTunes/UV codes. So with you PO, you have the Vudu version to watch early, and I would imagine when the disc ships, you'll get the DC+ copy that can be used for iTunes or AIV if you want, or you can sell it on the forums here.

Also, on another note, I saw that the BD preorder for Man of Steel also comes with "exclusive packaging". I doubt this is a steelbook, so I am not planning on preordering. I'm actually going to be a little more cautious about Vudu PO's now, since I wound up paying $25 for Hansel and Gretel, when I could have just bought the same version on release day for $13. Granted, I got a couple nice bonuses with it, but I wouldn't say they are worth the extra $12.

Last edited by vanton619; 06-14-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Quote:

I hadn't even thought about that, but you could be right. I'd forgotten that Disney does occasionally do both Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy and Blu-ray/DVD combo releases for some of their titles. And that appears to be the case with Iron Man 3.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #50
Expert Member

Sep 2012

Quote:

If Vudu/Anderson Merchandisers send you the Blu-ray/DVD only package I would call Walmart's corporate office and mention it says Blu-ray+ DVD with digital copy and that is considered bait and switch.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #51

Jun 2013

You may get the Ultraviolet since Disney is now doing it, I bought Oz The Great and Powerful and it has a UV edition.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #52

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarson View Post
You may get the Ultraviolet since Disney is now doing it, I bought Oz The Great and Powerful and it has a UV edition.
That is incorrect. It has a VUDU version but Oz is not a UV title
Old 06-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #53

Oct 2012
Northeast Ohio

Question: I preordered Man of Steel at my local Walmart tonight, but they are clueless at mine and could not answer my questions.

So when I got home, I signed up for Vudu (new to all of this, I usually just sell my digital copies lol), and redeemed my code. But out of the 3 exclusive featurettes i could only watch the motion prequel comic. Are the other two just not available?

Also: do I have to pay again for the movie or will it just show up in my account whenever it comes out? It did not ask for like a receipt number or anything. This stuff is both confusing and befuddling to me. Thanks guys! And gals
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #54

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsfan1 View Post
Question: I preordered Man of Steel at my local Walmart tonight, but they are clueless at mine and could not answer my questions.

So when I got home, I signed up for Vudu (new to all of this, I usually just sell my digital copies lol), and redeemed my code. But out of the 3 exclusive featurettes i could only watch the motion prequel comic. Are the other two just not available?

Also: do I have to pay again for the movie or will it just show up in my account whenever it comes out? It did not ask for like a receipt number or anything. This stuff is both confusing and befuddling to me. Thanks guys! And gals
No you won't have to pay again. The movie will show up in your Vudu account when released. And if the movie gets released in digital format a few weeks early you will even be able to watch it before the movie is shipped to your house.
Another cool thing is when you get the movie in the mail your even going to have another digital copy code to be able to sell if you would like.

Last edited by ydkjman; 06-18-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #55

Oct 2012
Northeast Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydkjman View Post
No you won't have to pay again. The movie will show up in your Vudu account when released. And if the movie gets released in digital format a few weeks early you will even be able to watch it before the movie is shipped to your house.
Another cool thing is when you get the movie in the mail your even going to have another digital copy code to be able to sell if you would like.
Oh awesome! Thanks for the info! Pretty awesome
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:54 AM   #56

Feb 2012

I updated the first post with two new promotions plus Man of Steel.

The new ones are:

Monsters University (Blu/DVD combo pack)
Despicable Me 2 (unsure on this one as the spot was still empty at the store)
Old 06-27-2013, 07:03 AM   #57
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone13 View Post
I updated the first post with two new promotions plus Man of Steel.

The new ones are:

Monsters University (Blu/DVD combo pack)
Despicable Me 2 (unsure on this one as the spot was still empty at the store)
I saw Despicable Me 2 at Wal-Mart and the packaging didn't say anything about a VUDU copy 2 or 3 weeks early. It looks like you just get a preview of the movie, the Blu-ray/DVD pack on the release date, and a plush toy of one of those yellow dudes who work for Gru.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:58 AM   #58

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeong1381 View Post
Are the monsters university ones already in store?
I found them at one Wal-Mart near me but not the other. The site doesn't work yet either to redeem them. Makes me think the one store put them out before they should have.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #59
Power Member

Jul 2012
ND, USA

Iron Man 3 release date is confirmed for Sept 24 with early digital release of Sept 3. I wonder if those of us who did the Vudu preorder will get it early.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...ab219813000011

UPDATE: It appears those of us who have the Vudu preorder will, as it is showing a digital release date of 9/3.

Last edited by disneywildcat; 06-29-2013 at 03:12 AM. Reason: vudu shows 9/3 as date of release
Old 06-29-2013, 02:30 AM   #60
Power Member

Jul 2012
ND, USA

Preorder for DM2 includes a "Walmart exclusive" combo pack, a Minion toy, and a Vudu preview of the movie, for $24.96.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372469395.189096.jpg (26.5 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by disneywildcat; 06-29-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies