COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Cat People (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Evilspeak (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$89.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 05-24-2013, 02:13 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Default Run Time actually mean?

Trying to juggle watching Fast 6 and Iron Man three within 5 hours. When I theater says run time does that include previews? If not how long generally are previews.
"I'm going to put a hit on you when I get my welfare check"

Mike Epps
Old 05-24-2013, 02:15 AM   #2

Jul 2012

No It usually does not include the previews. and they can run anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes
Old 05-24-2013, 02:23 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by msb1428 View Post
No It usually does not include the previews. and they can run anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes
Thanks! Does run time include credits?
"I'm going to put a hit on you when I get my welfare check"

Mike Epps
Old 05-24-2013, 02:23 AM   #4
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by msb1428 View Post
Yep, and sometimes every over 20 minutes. I went to a movie once that had 25 minutes of previews alone.

So it's always good to add on 15 extra minutes if you wanna figure out a showtime or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXI GaMe IXx View Post
Thanks! Does run time include credits?
Yes, I think they are.
I have a horror script I wrote called "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like influenced. If interested in reading it. Please PM me.
My Blu rays for sale Thread

"Sooner or later, I'll do something with my life. And make my mark. But until then, whatever I do is not a waste of time it's all building towards something"
Old 05-24-2013, 02:45 AM   #5

Mar 2011
Queens, NY

Doesn't include previews... Which start at the showtime on ticket.

And it does include credits which are 3 - 5 minutes lately, so u can save some time there.

Good luck
Old 05-24-2013, 03:59 AM   #6
Power Member

Mar 2008
Salt Lake City

If you ask the theater directly, they can usually tell you the exact time that each movie will be over.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:04 AM   #7
Banned

Aug 2011

You should make a good guesstimation if you look at the screentimes and the time between each showing. Look at the time between showings.

My theatre has Fast 6 showings three hours apart on the big screen. So it has to be at least 2 and a half hours with previews.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:28 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

Saw Star Trek earlier in the week, and it was set to start at 7:40, but by the time it started it was 8:00. I have no problem with the trailers, but LOATHE the commercials. One or three aren't bad, but when they go past 4-5 minutes I start getting annoyed. In fact thinking about it now is pissing me off, going to email to complain. Not that it makes any difference, but will make me feel better.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Raleigh, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDownAgain View Post
Saw Star Trek earlier in the week, and it was set to start at 7:40, but by the time it started it was 8:00. I have no problem with the trailers, but LOATHE the commercials. One or three aren't bad, but when they go past 4-5 minutes I start getting annoyed. In fact thinking about it now is pissing me off, going to email to complain. Not that it makes any difference, but will make me feel better.
What chain of theaters?
Old 05-24-2013, 05:41 AM   #10

Oct 2010

So who's gonna pay for one movie and sneak into the other after?
Old 05-24-2013, 05:43 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdevil View Post
What chain of theaters?
Cineplex. Unfortunately they pretty much the only choice for me where I live.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:15 AM   #12
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Well, they'll have to raise prices everywhere else to stay in business if they do away with those commercials since the theatre is only making pennies off of the ticket sales for these summer blockbuster films.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

PSN COLLECTION: Angry Birds, Bomberman Ultra, Flower, Joust, LBP: Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves, Magic Orbz, Super Stardust HD, Trials Of Topoq, Wipeout HD.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
Well, they'll have to raise prices everywhere else to stay in business if they do away with those commercials since the theatre is only making pennies off of the ticket sales for these summer blockbuster films.
Pennies? 50% is hardly pennies, I know it's probably less than that for blockbusters in the opening weekend. I have zero problems with commercials prior to the supposedly start time. To add insult to injury the ticket prices here are some of the highest I've seen. About five years ago they got rid of matinee pricing, all tickets cost the same now regardless of start time. The price? For a standard ticket it is $12, 3D is an extra $3. THey also have the UltraAVX theater, which has a bigger screen, comfier seats and advanced seating. That is also an extra $3. They also have the VIP theaters, which is 19+ and serves other appetizers as wella s beer and wine and is $19. They offer advanced seating, in seat service. The seats are nice, you get a tray table and plenty of room, you don't notice others around you. But they are smaller theatres with smaller screens, but sound is good and they have 4K projectors. I only use the VIP theatres with their loyalty program. The worst was when I saw the Hobbit, it had around 15 minutes of commercials, I was steaming by the time the trailers started.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

I see that you are also in the lower mainland... interesting. You have no issue paying $12 for a movie and being forced to watch commercials for 10 minutes?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

Basically, you can add anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes ( ) for trailers and another 7-to-10 for end credits (if you're one of those awful people who leave the second the credits start and block my view of the screen ).
First, ye rubs something furry t'get a charge...then ye picks yer target...!

Selling 3D disc for The Wolverine for $10 shipped or trade, PM with offers.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
UK

Quote:
Pennies? 50% is hardly pennies, I know it's probably less than that for blockbusters in the opening weekend. I have zero problems with commercials prior to the supposedly start time.
You might be interested in this thread. Short answer? They're a necessary evil in the cinema industry and if you've been more than once you know that the "supposed start time" on the ticket marks the start of the adverts/trailers. You don't have to like it (I'm not sure why anyone would "like" sitting through the adverts) but it's the nature of the business and has been for decades.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #17
Power Member

Jan 2010
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdevil View Post
What chain of theaters?
I know that the Regal Crossroads 20 near you in Cary does the commercials. It is very aggravating. All the other theaters I go to have stopped showing them. I saw Iron Man 3 once at the Regal and again at an AMC theater and AMC had no commercials while Regal had tons of them. I prefer AMC theaters to anybody nowadays.
Remember to Submit Your Picks to the Weekly Top 5 List. New Topic Every Week

TV: Panasonic 55" 3D HDTV P55UT50 Player: PS3 Slim 120GBAudio: Onkyo 7.1 HT-S5500(B)

My Blu-ray Collection
My Film Blog
Old 05-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #18
Power Member

Jan 2010
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Pennies? 50% is hardly pennies, I know it's probably less than that for blockbusters in the opening weekend. I have zero problems with commercials prior to the supposedly start time. To add insult to injury the ticket prices here are some of the highest I've seen. About five years ago they got rid of matinee pricing, all tickets cost the same now regardless of start time. The price? For a standard ticket it is $12, 3D is an extra $3. THey also have the UltraAVX theater, which has a bigger screen, comfier seats and advanced seating. That is also an extra $3. They also have the VIP theaters, which is 19+ and serves other appetizers as wella s beer and wine and is $19. They offer advanced seating, in seat service. The seats are nice, you get a tray table and plenty of room, you don't notice others around you. But they are smaller theatres with smaller screens, but sound is good and they have 4K projectors. I only use the VIP theatres with their loyalty program. The worst was when I saw the Hobbit, it had around 15 minutes of commercials, I was steaming by the time the trailers started.
I thought it was WAY less than 50%.
Remember to Submit Your Picks to the Weekly Top 5 List. New Topic Every Week

TV: Panasonic 55" 3D HDTV P55UT50 Player: PS3 Slim 120GBAudio: Onkyo 7.1 HT-S5500(B)

My Blu-ray Collection
My Film Blog
Old 05-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
I've gone into outer space to destroy another race.

At most of the theaters I go to, if a movie is said to have a run time of 120 minutes (2 hours), and if it starts at 1:00, I will usually be out by 3:15.

There's ususally about 15 minuts worth of trailers which, many times I've noticed, won't start precisely on time. Credits, also included in run time, can run for 5 to 8 minutes.

FF6 has a runtime of 128 minutes and IM3 has a run time of 130, so if you want to catch both within a five hour period, you'll need to make sure the second film start no later than 10-12 minutes after the end of the previous one. If you plan to watch all the trailers and stay for the end credits, which you will perhaps want to do with IM3, since it has a stinger. If you don't care to watch the trailers, you have 40 or so minutes to play with.
"If your apartment is hit by a dolphin, don't go outside to see if the dolphin is okay. That is how the hurricane tricks you into coming outside."

I'm feeling Megatronic. Give me a colonic.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #20
Expert Member

Feb 2008
North Canton, Ohio

our AMC theater here in Sarasota, FL has almost 25 minutes of trailers and all the "pre-movie" announcements. It's quite frustrating to watch a two and a half hour movie and know you half to tack on an additional half hour to the runtime. Sure I could skip the trailers which is fine with me but then who knows how full the theater will be.

I remember the good old days when non-chain theaters had 2 maybe 3 trailers in front of movies. Now it's 7 or 8.
My Set-Up: Epson 5020UB Full 3D Projector on a 120" screen and 7.1 Earthquake surround sound Complete with Outlaw Audio Pre-Amp and Amp.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies