Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$98.45
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective / Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (Blu-ray)
$9.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
America: Imagine the World Without Her (Blu-ray)
$13.28
Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.21
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Kung Fu Panda 2 (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Tommy Boy (Blu-ray)
$4.88
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 08-10-2006, 08:24 AM   #1

Aug 2006
Default Blu-ray authoring software

Hi there,
I'm looking for a solution to author Blu-ray discs.

I know about Sonic Scenarist.

Are there some another solutions?

Thank you.

stu
Old 08-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2005
England

Ulead's Movie Factory/Disc Creator 5 supports blu ray and HD-DVD authoring. www.ulead.com
Old 08-25-2006, 03:30 PM   #3

Jun 2006
Los Angeles
Default Cyberlink BD Soluntion one coming bundled with some drives

July 21: CyberLink BD Solution The First Software Suite Bundled With Sony’s Blu-ray Disc Burners

http://www.cyberlink.com/eng/press_room/view_1128.html

The above software is being bundled with some drives now in late August. It is included in the new Sony BWU-100A I just got. I’ll let you know next week how well it can transfer an already edited HDV 1080i project. That is after Sony mails the disc….seems to have been left out of the box I got, but then it’s serial #0000370! This is OEM software, not yet available for retail purchase.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:13 PM   #4

Aug 2006
Default Sony Blu-print

Sony has a Blu-ray authoring application available. It is intended for the pro-authoring houses. But anyone can purchase.

Blu-print is a direct competitor with Scenarist.

http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/new...eID=634&CatID=
Old 09-07-2006, 09:31 PM   #5

Aug 2006
Default You have Blu-print?

Really, you have a copy of Blu-print?

I am interested.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:57 AM   #6

Sep 2006
Question interested in facts

hey frends i m an engg. n i m going to give a descreption on blu-ray tecnology so plz guide me by giving some favoring n against facts. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Old 09-08-2006, 02:31 PM   #7

Mar 2005

zzzzzzz....

r u sur u r engg? wot is engg?
Old 09-08-2006, 03:24 PM   #8

Jan 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgir View Post
zzzzzzz....

r u sur u r engg? wot is engg?
I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that he is NOT an English major.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:39 AM   #9

Sep 2006
Cantabria, Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Blish View Post
July 21: CyberLink BD Solution The First Software Suite Bundled With Sony’s Blu-ray Disc Burners

http://www.cyberlink.com/eng/press_room/view_1128.html

The above software is being bundled with some drives now in late August. It is included in the new Sony BWU-100A I just got. I’ll let you know next week how well it can transfer an already edited HDV 1080i project. That is after Sony mails the disc….seems to have been left out of the box I got, but then it’s serial #0000370! This is OEM software, not yet available for retail purchase.
Do you know if that Cyberlink software can handle h.264 and/or VC-1 video assets besides more traditional mpeg2 assets?
Old 09-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #10
Special Member

Jun 2006
Los Angeles,CA

My guess is no. Simply because its just a consumer grade version and hence probably won't have advanced capability built in. I would imagine that we'll see more pro level software coming out in the next year that will support those other codecs. I wouldn't be surprised if the next version of Final Cut and DVD Studio pro support both blu-ray and HD DVD.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:31 PM   #11

Jun 2006
Los Angeles
Default Limited Success: HDV to playable Blu-Ray

I received a Sony BWU100A drive two weeks ago…the box (with a very low serial#) arrived without the software disc. The “Cyberlink BD Solution 1.0” was mailed by Sony and I have been experimenting with it.

The drive will, of course, make CD, DVD and BD data discs without problems.

For video, I wanted to put my latest HDV project (1080x1440 30i) of 99 minutes on a disc with chapter buttons and further chapter marks for intervening scenes. The bundled software CAN import, add chapter marks and burn to BD-RE, but the menu making module was omitted for now. The software took my edited .avi file (From PremierePro2.0 + Cineform Access HD) of 87gigs (!) and encoded it to 19.3 gigs on BD-RE – about the same size/data rate as it would be on the source HDV tape. This was using Cyberlink Producer 3.3 – BD Edition, version 3.7.0.2824

The resulting disc played and looked stunning, using the included player: PowerDVD 6.6 BD Edition. When inserted into a Samsung BDP1000 on display at an accommodating nearby retailer, the disc WOULD NOT LOAD, and the machine had to be unplugged before eventually ejecting the disc.
A post on AVS forum suggests that this software could be more update than the "pre standard" Samsung - something to do with the spec saying to write to folder BDAV but the Samsung looking to BDMV.

Unfortunately, the “capture” function in PowerProducer would not work on any camera (DV or HDV) or from any mode (DVD or BD). While this port on the moterhboard (TI-OCHI) and its Microsoft driver are flawless in PremierePro, it crashed the entire OS if tried in PowerProducer…

So, at this date (Sep 14, 2006) you CAN put HDV on Blu-ray, but without a menu but you will have little assurance it will play in a Blu-ray player. I expect Cyberlink, with Sony’s urging, will get these features working soon. I certainly hope we have something better from Adobe soon – we don’t need every advanced feature of BDjava menus working for a first version.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:25 AM   #12

Sep 2006
Default Authoring Spftware

I first read about the blu-print software on this forum. I have used the Sonic Scenarist ver 3.01 and always thought it was too hard to use, I like to try something different. is the Blu-print any better and can I transfer my old .scn files and project over to blu-print?
Old 10-01-2006, 02:38 AM   #13

Oct 2006

Don Blish, I did the SAME thing as you and had the SAME result. my bluray disc plays just fine on the computer, but wont play on the samsung bdp1000. Do anybody know what the solution is yet?
Old 10-01-2006, 09:36 AM   #14

Jul 2004
Belgium

Let's not forget Ashampoo

Ashampoo Burning Studio v6.30

Burner software too complicated? Get power, simplicity and file backup too!

The new Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 keeps all the advantages of its predecessor and adds multi-disc file backup, an integrated audio CD ripper and further improved support for the exciting new Blu-ray format with capacities of up to 25 gigabytes per layer.

Many users are tired of over-complicated CD burning applications that are getting harder and harder to use. Sometimes you can waste most of your time just trying to find a function. Ashampoo Burning Studio focuses on what you want: To burn discs quickly, easily, with maximum quality and minimum hassle. It includes everything you need to be able to do that. And it excludes everything that could get in the way.

Same simplicity, more power
Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 is still totally simple and intuitive to use. We listened to your feedback, added the new functions you asked for and made a long list of corrections and changes. The result is a better, more powerful and more efficient CD, DVD and Blu-ray burning application than ever before.

Features at a glance
What’s new:
* Multi-disc file backup and restore on CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs
o Create compressed backup archives with powerful password protection
o Split archives automatically across multiple CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray discs
o Restore archive contents to their original locations
* Integrated Audio CD ripper – store your audio tracks as WMA or WAV files
* New option for setting the number of copies you want to burn (available for all disc formats)
* Discs can now be verified immediately without being ejected first (if the drive supports this feature)
* Numerous other small improvements that make the program easier to use and more effective

What’s cool:
* Burn files and folders on data CDs/DVDs/Blu-ray discs
* Burn Audio CDs from WAV, MP3, FLAC, WMA and Ogg Vorbis files
* Burn MP3-CDs from your MP3 files
* Burn Video DVD, Video CD (VCD) or Super Video CD (S-VCD)
* Create and burn CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc images
* Burn speed and other options can all be set automatically
* Make copies from audio, video or data discs easily
* Interactive troubleshooting assistant for solving hardware and media problems
* Save project files so that you can burn the same discs again later
* Erase CD-RWs / DVD+RWs / DVD-RWs/ DVD-RAM/ BD-REs
* Integrated support for over 1,700 CD, DVD and Blu-ray burners
* ... and much more!
Blu-ray Disc is only the beginning...

Thunderhawk
Old 10-02-2006, 06:07 PM   #15

Sep 2006

Hdsoft2006. I wanted to find answers about blu-print in the manual but could not download it, "You have reached the download-limit for free-users. Want to download more?". I never downloaded from that site ?) can you tell me more?
Old 10-07-2006, 08:00 PM   #16

Sep 2006
Cantabria, Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderhawk View Post
Let's not forget Ashampoo

Ashampoo Burning Studio v6.30
I though we are talking about authoring software here, not burning soft.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:16 AM   #17

Jul 2004
Belgium

Woops, sorry guys...
Blu-ray Disc is only the beginning...

Thunderhawk
Old 10-17-2006, 06:30 PM   #18
Power Member

Mar 2005
Thumbs up

hd authouring

Sony's Vegas Movie Studio + DVD Platinum Edition HD video editing software
VEGASMSDVDPL
www.sonystyle.ca
Old 10-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #19

Oct 2006

salut, je dois faire un menu tout bete pour un bluray disc,
( 3 boutons et en fond d'ecran une video en boucle, chaque bouton lance une video, et ensuite revient au menu tout bete)

avec quelle soft d'authoring simple je peut faire ce menu ? svp

et ce que scenarist grave du bluray apres avoir fait l'authoring ou il faut un autre soft pour graver ?
Old 10-21-2006, 11:46 AM   #20
Expert Member

Jun 2006
Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by malex View Post
salut, je dois faire un menu tout bete pour un bluray disc,
( 3 boutons et en fond d'ecran une video en boucle, chaque bouton lance une video, et ensuite revient au menu tout bete)

avec quelle soft d'authoring simple je peut faire ce menu ? svp

et ce que scenarist grave du bluray apres avoir fait l'authoring ou il faut un autre soft pour graver ?
English?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software