COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (Blu-ray)
$16.09
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Fantasista Doll: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Sorcerer (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 07-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #1

Feb 2012
Wal-Mart Man of Steel Steelbook (Walmart)

It's called Man of Steel, of course there HAS to be a steelbook:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Man-of...Blu-ray/75651/

Non-3D, and according to the site, comes without the extra bonus BR disc. Hopefully that's not accurate.

I don't know why they can't release steelbooks with the 3D versions and the 2nd BR disc another edition will get. The Amazing Spider-man steelbook was the best - it came with 3D disc, 2 BR discs, and the DVD, why can't this

Last edited by The Crimson King; 08-22-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Miami, FL.
Send a message via AIM to laz305 Send a message via MSN to laz305 Send a message via Yahoo to laz305

It's been posted several times. Search harder next time
My Trade Thread
My Collectible Trade Thread
My Slips FT/FS
"Hate the player, and the game"

WANTED SLIPS:Beauty & the Beast Royal Wedding, Benjamin Button Lenti, The Cell, The Duchess
Old 08-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

This is the only thread I can find about Man Of Steel (SteelBook).

It's up for Pre-Order on Walmart.com:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/28417224
La double vie de moi.
iScottie's Storefront
Old 08-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
Banned

Jun 2009

Did a few threads or lots of posts about this get deleted? I remember people posting pictures of the preorder card.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
Saginaw, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
Did a few threads or lots of posts about this get deleted? I remember people posting pictures of the preorder card.
I'm thinking so, I could not find it either.
Main Gear: Samsung PN60E550 - Region Free Sony BDP-S790 - Xbox 360 Slim 250 - Wii - Onkyo 606 - OTA - Windows Media Center - Logitech Harmony One
Basement Gear: Samsung 46" lcd - Sony BDP-S370 - OTA - Logitech Harmony X-Box
Bedroom Gear: Sony KDL-40Z4100 40" - HTPC
Old 08-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #6

Nov 2009

I think they got deleted because up to this point there no confirmation that the Pre-order was actually going to be a steelbook. The picture on the card looks like a slipcase and it didn't mention steelbook packaging anywhere on it either.
One is the all, and by it, the All, and in it, the All, and if it does not contain the All, then it is Nothing.

For sale : Wreck-It Ralph steelbook (Zavvi/sealed) - $45 shipped
Old 08-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowscythe85 View Post
I think they got deleted because up to this point there no confirmation that the Pre-order was actually going to be a steelbook. The picture on the card looks like a slipcase and it didn't mention steelbook packaging anywhere on it either.
Makes sense, though doing so resulted in a lot of pictures of the preorder card being lost.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #8
Expert Member

Apr 2011
Arizona

So the question now is for those of us that got the pre order magnet card, do we get the steelbook or what when shipped? I'm confused about what "exclusive packaging" Vudu will be sending us.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009

Probably not likely, but I'm kind of hoping they get a different cover than the one being released in Europe. The more I look at that cover, the more I hate it. :/
Old 08-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Miami, FL.
Send a message via AIM to laz305 Send a message via MSN to laz305 Send a message via Yahoo to laz305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_Ray_Addict View Post
So the question now is for those of us that got the pre order magnet card, do we get the steelbook or what when shipped? I'm confused about what "exclusive packaging" Vudu will be sending us.
what would make you think that we are not gonna receive the SteelBook?
My Trade Thread
My Collectible Trade Thread
My Slips FT/FS
"Hate the player, and the game"

WANTED SLIPS:Beauty & the Beast Royal Wedding, Benjamin Button Lenti, The Cell, The Duchess
Old 08-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #11
Special Member

May 2011
Crossville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_Ray_Addict View Post
Try contacting Vudu about what you will actually be getting. Wal-Mart is showing this as their exclusive & it certainly isn't a steelbook, it will probably just be an alternate slipcover. http://www.walmart.com/ip/28417221

Will probably just order the steelbook by itself either way to know that I will at least get it.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
USA

I am 100% sure we will find out eventually if we could all learn to be patient and wait.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #13
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

I definitely ordered the Collector's Edition from WBshop, but I might get this one also. I wonder if the magnets will be sold at release time?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #14
Special Member

May 2011
Crossville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I definitely ordered the Collector's Edition from WBshop, but I might get this one also. I wonder if the magnets will be sold at release time?
The lenticular magnetic cards were exclusive to in store pre-order of Man Of Steel at Wal-Mart so they may not be selling any separately just to go on the steelbook.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #15
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus-Prime-Rox View Post
The lenticular magnetic cards were exclusive to in store pre-order of Man Of Steel at Wal-Mart so they may not be selling any separately just to go on the steelbook.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too...I guess I'll mosey on up to WM and pick one up.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
HD-DVD: 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too...I guess I'll mosey on up to WM and pick one up.
As has been somewhat unclearly explored already in this thread...

That's a fine idea if you are pretty sure that the thing you are paying for by buying the magnet will turn out to be this SteelBook. But since people have posted links to two separate items, one appearing to be the magnet/VUDU pre-order version @ $24.96 and the other being the SteelBook version @ $29.96, I'm not so sure that is the case.

Also I don't really get why the magnet is necessary for the SteelBook. Isn't it the same size as a SB cover, while normally a true lenticular SB has a magnet slightly smaller than the cover fitting into a depression on the cover?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #17
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlygig View Post
As has been somewhat unclearly explored already in this thread...

That's a fine idea if you are pretty sure that the thing you are paying for by buying the magnet will turn out to be this SteelBook. But since people have posted links to two separate items, one appearing to be the magnet/VUDU pre-order version @ $24.96 and the other being the SteelBook version @ $29.96, I'm not so sure that is the case.

Also I don't really get why the magnet is necessary for the SteelBook. Isn't it the same size as a SB cover, while normally a true lenticular SB has a magnet slightly smaller than the cover fitting into a depression on the cover?
Yeah, like the German Titanic steelbook comes to mind, as it had a smaller lenticular card in the center of the steelbook.
You bring up some good points, which was why I never preordered this version yet...I guess I want to see what it's going to look like. I'm sure I'll procratinate on picking up the magnet, and then miss out.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #18
Expert Member

Apr 2011
Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
what would make you think that we are not gonna receive the SteelBook?
The fact that no where on this pre-order card did it say steelbook. The Oblivion one said metalpack while the Fast Six one actually says steelbook. This magnetic card pre-order just says exclusive packaging. I don't know. I will be keeping the magnet anyways and if the one we receive happens to be something else, I will return it to Walmart since I have a receipt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus-Prime-Rox View Post
Try contacting Vudu about what you will actually be getting. Wal-Mart is showing this as their exclusive & it certainly isn't a steelbook, it will probably just be an alternate slipcover. http://www.walmart.com/ip/28417221

Will probably just order the steelbook by itself either way to know that I will at least get it.
Good idea but I will just wait until Wreck from HDN clears up all of this. I am going to pre-order the steelbook from the link also that way I know for sure I will have a steelbook. I can always return it back to Walmart anyways. It's also a good idea to grab multiple copies just to ensure you get one that isn't damaged. Walmart ships in just a regular bubble mailer. Who knows what Vudu ships in....
Old 08-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #19

Dec 2009

This happened with Game Of Thrones S2 when it came out. People thought they were going to get the exclusive bonus disc but no where on the pre order pack did it say that. I'm thinking those of us that ordered it will just get the standard release to be honest.

I mean if WM has the SB on their site we are probably SOL.
Either way if I get the SB with the preorder I'm happy. If not then I'll just get it release day at 0600.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite1970 View Post
I am 100% sure we will find out eventually if we could all learn to be patient and wait.
So true, lol! That's why we're all addicts!
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U / Sony PS3 / Sony HT-SF470
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Tags
american, man of steel, steelbook, walmart