COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Ong Bak Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Ranma : Set 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.08
Sorcerer (Blu-ray)
$19.59

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 08-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #1181
Expert Member

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Man of Steel beat all the big June Box office records, even toppling the well established and extremely well received Toy Story 3. Thats underwhelming?
It beat the opening weekend record held by Toy Story 3, and then had such a huge 2nd weekend drop that it almost rivaled Green Lantern's (only 1% difference). Where did MoS end up overall compared to Toy Story 3? Movies that drop off so precipitously do so due to poor word of mouth and lack of multiple viewings.

That's why they felt the need to get Batman in the mix.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #1182
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
New rumor mill stuff of news that WB may be looking for an older Bruce Wayne/Batman for the movie.
Jim Caviezel!

He lost out on Superman last decade and he's sort of playing half a Batman on TV.
My video game and movie trade thread

Home theater in progress: 52 Sony BRAVIA XBR-HX909 LED LCD HDTV w/ 3D, Onkyo TX-NR636 7.2-Ch Dolby Atmos Ready Network A/V Receiver w/ HDMI 2.0, 2 Klipsch Reference Series RF-82 II Floorstanding Speakers, 1 Klipsch Reference Series RC-62 II Center Speaker
Old 08-04-2013, 02:01 AM   #1183
Special Member

Jan 2008
New York City

I can see Brolin. That would work for me.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:16 AM   #1184
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2012
Columbus, Ohio

Armie Hammer would make an intriguing Batman
Most films that I find good I don't want to experience again.

-iScottie
Old 08-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #1185
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

can someone remind me why Armie Hammer is so special? He was okay in the Social Network but he's not that charismatic or interesting. He reminds me of a slightly buffer Carey Elwes.

Brolin would make a great Batman - it doesnt even matter if they need someone old or young.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:54 AM   #1186
Expert Member

Mar 2008
Austin, Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
Jim Caviezel!

He lost out on Superman last decade and he's sort of playing half a Batman on TV.
If Snyder got Jim Caviezel, that would be a bit strange and somewhat of a reunion since Henry Cavill played Caviezel's son in Count of Monte Cristo.
We're so self-important. So arrogant. Everybody's going to save something now. And the supreme arrogance? Save the planet! Are these people kidding? We don't even know how to take care of ourselves; we haven't learned how to care for one another. . . . And, by the way, there's nothing wrong with the planet. The planet is fine. The people are f#@%ed!"- George Carlin
Old 08-04-2013, 03:05 AM   #1187
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013

Matt Damon. Get on that.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:07 AM   #1188

Jun 2012
Perth, Aus

Karl urban should play Bruce Wayne/batman
Old 08-04-2013, 04:00 AM   #1189

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visco. View Post
Armie Hammer would make an intriguing Batman
Of course the ego of an actor can make them do the complete opposite of what they say. Armie said the following on a U.K. press tour to promote the (ugh) Lone Ranger

"Im not actually a big fan of superhero films," he told Metro when asked about the speculation that he will take on the role of the Caped Crusader in Batman/Superman or Justice League. "If you have a guy who is supposed to be invulnerable, then whats the point? I think if Henry and I did that film and then a superhero film straight after, people might start to wonder about us..."

Add a humongous paycheck to an actor's ego and anything's possible, but as of now it looks like he's not interested.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:14 AM   #1190

Oct 2012
Milwaukee, WI

Would love to see Brolin as Bats. Wouldn't mind Jon Hamm either. Karl Urban would be cool. Max Martini would be cool, but I've always thought he'd make a great Punisher should Tom Jane never come back. Even though he was in the craptastic Punisher: War Zone, I think Ray Stevenson would nail an older Bruce Wayne.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #1191
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011

Does it matter who plays him. Whoever it is, will just bust their ass trying to channel Bale. I expect the same from whoever they pick to play the Joker, since he's rumored to be in this.
*Badass on the internet - Momma's boy in real life!*
Old 08-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #1192
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

I like Stephen Lang as Batman too - he even sort of looks like a buff version of Adam West.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #1193

Jun 2010
Victor, IA

A couple of years ago I thought Jeffrey Dean Morgan would make a pretty good "older" Batman. He's probably a bit too old for WB now thought at 47 but could be made to look a bit younger. He has good size, physical presence, and can definitely play the charming playboy. Another person I used to think of as an interesting choice for an "older" Batman is Adam Baldwin but I just looked on IMDB and was kind of shocked to see he was 51. He can definitely play younger though.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #1194

Jun 2010
Victor, IA

Quote:
Here's a Fan made poster with Josh B. if he is indeed in the running to play an older Bruce Wayne/Batman. Pretty cool.

[Show spoiler]
That is a sweet poster of Brolin and I also think he could do a great job. All that working out in The Goonies prepared him for the role of The Caped Crusader.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #1195

Aug 2013

Quote:
New rumor mill stuff of news that WB may be looking for an older Bruce Wayne/Batman for the movie.
If they are going to follow the The Dark Night Returns comic book version of Bruce Wayne, then by all means I say good for them. An older, wiser, and established Bruce Wayne has experience and will probably 'beat' or 'stop' superman in the next movie, just like he did in the comic book.

Also, remember that an older, darker, and serious Bruce Wayne has never truly been adapted in the film industry. George Clooney was told not to take the role too seriously.

Last edited by Ziran; 08-04-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #1196
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli21 View Post
It beat the opening weekend record held by Toy Story 3, and then had such a huge 2nd weekend drop that it almost rivaled Green Lantern's (only 1% difference). Where did MoS end up overall compared to Toy Story 3? Movies that drop off so precipitously do so due to poor word of mouth and lack of multiple viewings.

That's why they felt the need to get Batman in the mix.

Not true this was planned BEFORE MoS was released.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...films-20130614

Quote:
"Warner Bros has hopes that there will be more 'Man Of Steel' films, and that this will be the beginning of a shared universe. We could meet Batman, or Wonder Woman, or the Justice League in these movies. But they all hinge on box office reception. If that happens, I would be happy, and nervous, to dive in."
so you see it was planned

MoS drop was purely because of the competition with the 2 punch galore of MU and WWZ.

Word of mouth is good on this movie otherwise it would not have the good audience ratings score that it has everywhere
Old 08-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #1197
Expert Member

Mar 2012

All I know is: Bruce Wayne would have a serious case of arthritis in both his back, which he busted in the last movie, and his knee, which he has some sort of robotic thing attached to make it work. How many comebacks has the bat got in him?

I think Hugh Jackman would make a great Batman. I also think Matthew McConaughey could do such a role.

Last edited by darry; 08-04-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #1198

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by darry View Post
All I know is: Bruce Wayne would have a serious case of arthritis in both his back, which he busted in the last movie, and his knee, which he has some sort of robotic thing attached to make it work. How many comebacks has the bat got in him?

I think Hugh Jackman would make a great Batman. I also think Matthew McConaughey could do such a role.
This movie is not going to follow the Christopher Nolan movies, that story has ended. There going interpet an older version of batman based on the comic 'The Dark Knight Returns'; and probably some elements from 'Superman/Batman: Public Enemies'.

I vote for Keanu Reeves to be the next Batman
Old 08-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #1199
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrant_33 View Post
Of course the ego of an actor can make them do the complete opposite of what they say. Armie said the following on a U.K. press tour to promote the (ugh) Lone Ranger

"Im not actually a big fan of superhero films," he told Metro when asked about the speculation that he will take on the role of the Caped Crusader in Batman/Superman or Justice League. "If you have a guy who is supposed to be invulnerable, then whats the point? I think if Henry and I did that film and then a superhero film straight after, people might start to wonder about us..."

Add a humongous paycheck to an actor's ego and anything's possible, but as of now it looks like he's not interested.
Lol. He mad. Right now he is entering Taylor Kitsch territory and is in no position to say those things.
Favorite Actors/Actresses:
Christian Bale
Emma Stone
Michael Fassbender
Jessica Chastain
Chris Hemsworth
Eva Green
Taylor Lautner
Old 08-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #1200
Expert Member

Jul 2008
USA
Send a message via Yahoo to Sylentwolf
Thumbs up Manganiello as Bruce Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by kong73 View Post
I can see Brolin. That would work for me.
Though I think Mr. Brolin would be a step-up to what Clooney did with him in 1997, Josh just wouldn't do it for me.

I'm imagining the Score of this Superman/Batman incarnation as a cross between both characters (and both have been done by Hans Zimmer), with Joe Manganiello taking action in a similar scene to this one, from The Dark Knight

VS

I Love the Bruce Wayne interaction here
MY TOP 5 (Blu-ray) 1. THE DARK KNIGHT 2. IRON MAN 3. BATMAN BEGINS 4. STAR TREK 5. AVATAR
MY TOP 5 (Wishlist) 1. THE SAINT 2. TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE 3. MULTIPLICITY 4. REAL GENIUS 5. THE REPLACEMENTS

Last edited by Sylentwolf; 08-05-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
dark knight, man of steel