Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99
17 hrs ago
Spartacus: War of the Damned - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 hr ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
23 hrs ago
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
15 hrs ago
Inside Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99
6 hrs ago
A Good Day to Die Hard (Blu-ray)
$3.99
23 hrs ago
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99
23 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
23 hrs ago
X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99
17 hrs ago
Jurassic Park 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
1 hr ago
Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$3.99
23 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
The Terminator (Blu-ray)
$3.99
23 hrs ago

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-07-2007, 01:57 AM   #1

Dec 2006
Default "Sahara" Blu-ray still available at my local Best Buy

Could not believe it when i was at the local best buy and saw it was still in the blu-ray section. But then again, on average BB is about $5 more expensive than amazon generally. At least in my area.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:00 AM   #2
Power Member

May 2007
Indiana

If you look around enough, you can find a bunch of paramount titles still available
PSN: Wiskers42

Samsung 46in 1080p LCD(living room)
Sony Playstation 3(living room)
Samsung 40in 720p(bedroom)
Old 11-07-2007, 02:00 AM   #3
Banned

Oct 2007
Gainesville

yeah, mine had 2 copies left earlier. And sometimes I'd rather pay the $5 than wait for shipping. I'm impatient
Old 11-07-2007, 02:13 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007
BC, Canada

I always get confused with this movie and think is disney becuase it's directed by michael eisner's son or something like that.

Do most people feel good or bad about picking up paramount bluray's anyway - anyone ever feel like they don't deserve your money any more?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:25 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007
Bay Area, CA PlayStation® 3 ID: SlmShdy1

I bought the Mission: Impossible trilogy way before they announced their exclusive deal with HD. I don't feel bad at all about it, but if I were to buy a Paramount movie now on Blu-ray... I don't know. A little weird, I guess.

Thank God I got Payback when I could.
I Do Blu
Old 11-07-2007, 02:29 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

My local Circuit City still has a multiple Paramount films on Blu-ray.

Between what I have on Blu-ray and HD DVD by Paramount, I'm not really all that interested in picking up the others.

When Paramount comes back, hopefully they will re-release them with better transfers and Dolby TrueHD or PCM.

I personally find it funny when someone buys a Paramount film on Blu-ray now...

~Alan
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the
views of Alan Gordon, Alan Gordon Enterprises, Alan Gordon, Inc., or Alan Gordon Amalgamated.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:35 AM   #7
Special Member

Jul 2007
An Island in the Adriatic

Yeah, the lack of any kind of high-end audio, let alone lossless, is a huge turnoff in the case of the Paramount titles. I only got a few I really wanted, but the rest can wait until they see the light again.

At the rate they're going, they'll have released a grand total of 20 titles in their 18-month exclusive period anyway.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:37 AM   #8
Special Member

Sep 2007
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
I personally find it funny when someone buys a Paramount film on Blu-ray now...
I don't think there's anything funny or odd about it at all. I actually think that it's pretty telling that people are still picking up their titles in Blu just because they're available and they want them. What would be funny is if there were still plenty of stock left that we were buying up titles by Paramount more than the HD DVD crowd. Now THAT would be funny...
My Collection

I do Blu! Blu-blooded and proud of it!
TV: Sony KDS-R60XBR2 Blu-ray Player: Sony BDP-S1 (Have you checked on firmware updates for your player?)
Old 11-07-2007, 02:44 AM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikesBluBlooded View Post
I don't think there's anything funny or odd about it at all. I actually think that it's pretty telling that people are still picking up their titles in Blu just because they're available and they want them. What would be funny is if there were still plenty of stock left that we were buying up titles by Paramount more than the HD DVD crowd. Now THAT would be funny...
I think you misunderstood what I meant. We all know that Paramount titles sold better on Blu-ray than HD DVD, and I think it's funny that people are still picking up their titles on Blu-ray... possibly, most likely continuing that trend for dual-format released titles.

~Alan
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the
views of Alan Gordon, Alan Gordon Enterprises, Alan Gordon, Inc., or Alan Gordon Amalgamated.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:50 AM   #10

Oct 2007
中国-上海
Default Paramount Transfers Quality Sucks!!!!

Paramount titles are still available. One problem is that the average transfer quality ranges from pathetic to accaeptable. they dont' have a signle title that blew me away.

The worst was Tomb Raider: felt like I was watching a DVD on an computer with a Gen 1 LCD moniter and an outdated graphics card. Absolute crap.

I did feel that they did a decent job with some of their catalogue titles, while not spectacular some were better than expected, trading places and MI III come to mind.
4K for PS4 Please!!!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:25 AM   #11
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Well, it certainly wasn't because anyone bought it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluStar88 View Post
Paramount titles are still available. One problem is that the average transfer quality ranges from pathetic to accaeptable. they dont' have a signle title that blew me away.
I did feel that they did a decent job with some of their catalogue titles, while not spectacular some were better than expected, trading places and MI III come to mind.
So, what's the verdict on "Untouchables"?
That's the only keeper I've been able to find, and transfer seems acceptable, though I haven't seen Tomb Raider for comparison.
(And I like to fake new viewers out with that "Claritin clear" Paramount Hi-def logo, when they ask "what's the big deal" about Blu disks.)

Last edited by EricJ; 11-07-2007 at 03:30 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:51 AM   #12
Special Member

Jul 2007
Seattle

The retail store will continue to sell down thier inventory and their warehouse inventory until it is gone. I see these titles still out there as well. Get it while you can.
Smile, you'll make someone's day!
300 Blu Ray Movies
20 PS3 Games
And Counting..................
Old 11-07-2007, 05:54 AM   #13

Jul 2007

Ya, I was at my BBY today, they had Aeon Flux, Sahara, Mission Impossible 3, Italian Job, and Babel all in stock still.

So does the Hastings store near me too. They have a bunch of paramount movies. So, no stock issues at all for my area.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America