Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, From $3.99 »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
10 hrs ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
10 hrs ago
Downton Abbey: Seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4 (Blu-ray)
$39.99
19 hrs ago
The Newsroom: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
10 hrs ago
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99
4 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
19 hrs ago
Band of Brothers (Blu-ray)
$22.99
10 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99
17 hrs ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
19 hrs ago

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 10-05-2013, 04:16 AM   #1

Nov 2011
India/Bollywood RAJA RANI - Tamil BD WISHLIST

@Sharan Sunny:

Hi Sunny, Raja Rani is one Such movie that deserves to be seen on BD. Could you confirm if API has bagged the rights for BD or someone else ???

If it is with API, We will all be happy n Eager to pick up one and worth having it a collection

Please Confirm !!!!
Old 10-05-2013, 06:10 AM   #2

May 2010

We already have a Tamil wish list thread. Please post there instead of starting a new thread for every film you want to see on Blu-Ray.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #3

Jan 2011

Maybe this belongs in the wishlist thread. Anyway, this is one movie that really deserves BD treatment. I heard the team released an official 1080p version of "hey baby" song, so I'm thinking someone's going to acquire the BD rights and get this released. Eager to hear about it!
Old 10-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
Expert Member

Dec 2011
SOUTH INDIA

^ AP International has the rights.So, Let's hope for Blu-Ray
Old 10-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #5

Mar 2013

If a movie acquired by API has high production values and does well box office wise, it can be more or less assured that it would be released on BD. And probabilities of this releasing on BD are very high.

Would appreciate if you could use the wishlist thread to post thread like these and open a new thread only once it is confirmed to release.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #6

Nov 2011

Yes there is a wishlist thread already here.
But this movie does deserve a separate thread. Its is one of the finest movies I have seen till now. Seen it already twice a wonderful feel good movie.
Hoping API do release it in BD
Old 10-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #7

Feb 2010
Saginaw, Michigan
India/Bollywood Raja Rani movie..

Really? I thought that it was a very average movie. But, I fully understand that tastes vary and to each his own..
65" Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT25
OPPO BDP-93 Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Onkyo TX-NR818 7.2 Channel Network A/V Receiver
Sony STR-DA5300ES ES 7.1 Channel Surround Sound Audio/Video Receiver
Onkyo SKS-HT540 7.1 Channel Home Theater Speaker System
Sony HDR-TD10 3D HD camcorder
Old 10-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #8

Oct 2011
chennai,india

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_vasanth View Post
Really? I thought that it was a very average movie. But, I fully understand that tastes vary and to each his own..
indeed ..i agree it's very average movie (inspired from classic mouna raagam),only saving grace is nayanthara and santhanam's performance.But you're correct it's up to individual perception...
Old 10-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #9

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by saramasa View Post
indeed ..i agree it's very average movie (inspired from classic mouna raagam),only saving grace is nayanthara and santhanam's performance.But you're correct it's up to individual perception...
This movie is superb, wonderful and classic according to the guys who both fell in love and separated.
Especially, Nazriya's death resembled Karthik's enactment.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #10

Jan 2011

I do understand that the Mouna Raagam comparisons are inevitable but IMHO, RR is comfortably more entertaining hands down. Sometimes it's about entertainment as much as anything and I dare say I'd take RR over MR any day of the week for that reason, maybe twice on a sunday.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #11
Special Member

May 2009
In my own world !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystarrocks View Post
I do understand that the Mouna Raagam comparisons are inevitable but IMHO, RR is comfortably more entertaining hands down. Sometimes it's about entertainment as much as anything and I dare say I'd take RR over MR any day of the week for that reason, maybe twice on a sunday.
I understand that to each his own but still ..
Old 10-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #12

Mar 2012

I watched this movie in Theaters Friday night.. It failed to engage except Santhanam's some perfectly timed oneliners. That saved my night...

Itharkkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara is a decent movie..
Onkyo TX-NR809 Receiver.
KEF Q Series Speakers
Sony S480 Bluray Player
Panasonic Viera 60VT60

Stereo
Triangle Color Speaker Series
Wadia 151 mini PowerDAC.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #13

Aug 2010
Chennai, India
Send a message via MSN to raj1402 Send a message via Yahoo to raj1402 Send a message via Skype™ to raj1402

This movie Deserves Bluray

Last edited by raj1402; 10-17-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:41 AM   #14

Apr 2013

This one definitely deserves a Blu ray release.

I have watched alone on October 2nd and again with my family on October 4th and did not feel bored at any point of time.

First half was thoroughly entertaining with some good acting by Jai.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #15

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenkum View Post
This one definitely deserves a Blu ray release.

I have watched alone on October 2nd and again with my family on October 4th and did not feel bored at any point of time.

First half was thoroughly entertaining with some good acting by Jai.
Movie has no new story, it is just a rehash of old films and presented in modern times. Jai's acting saved the film and little bit of nayanthara too. Arya and nazriya are wiped off from the memory as soon as you step out of the cinema.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #16

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by technofreak View Post
Movie has no new story, it is just a rehash of old films and presented in modern times. Jai's acting saved the film and little bit of nayanthara too. Arya and nazriya are wiped off from the memory as soon as you step out of the cinema.
Not Really ... for those ppl who thinks Nayan & Nazria's roles gets wiped out, I believe this is something serious that they need a check-up, coz i think they might be suffering from Selective Amnesia ....

Coming to the next point having NO NEW STORY, to a certain extent, I admit that. if rehash of Old films is being done in Bollywood like DON, AGNEEPATH, ZANJEER, Etc Etc .... people would love watching it with no hesitations.. if the same is being done in tamil (in this case, It is actually not), people have Complaints, Comments ... and what not !!!

Anyways, be it whateva, this movie has been brilliantly made by Debut director Atlee and hatsoff to such a young director for proving himself in the very first film.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #17

Apr 2013

Yes gone are those days when people look out for good story and the recent trend seems to be more on the way of Treatment\Screenplay of the movie.

Most of the recent hit movies have wafer thin story but a good narration which makes them enjoyable.

Also when watching this movie for the first time I was reminded of the Shankar/Balakumaran touch in certain dialogues. I was able to understand the Shankar connection as Atlee was his co-director, but not sure about Balakumaran? While watching for the 2nd time watched the titles keenly and there was the answer -Surya Balakumaran(Balakumaran's son) is the Co-Director for this film.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #18

Oct 2012
India, Delhi

Finally, got to see this. Loved the movie. Though the songs were not that good, but overall the movie was great. Love to see this one on Bluray.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #19

Oct 2011
chennai,india

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit5500 View Post
Finally, got to see this. Loved the movie. Though the songs were not that good, but overall the movie was great. Love to see this one on Bluray.
If Raja rani deserves BD then kumki should be much more deserved because of excellent visuals and wonderful music!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #20

Oct 2012
India, Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by saramasa View Post
If Raja rani deserves BD then kumki should be much more deserved because of excellent visuals and wonderful music!!!
Haven't seen Kumki yet, but have heard good reviews about it. Lets see if it arrives on BD.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India