Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$99.99
15 hrs ago
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8 hrs ago
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96
21 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Beyond (Blu-ray)
$24.99
4 hrs ago
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
Long Island, New York
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman89 View Post
I viewed the film in XD 3D at my Cinemark Theater, and the Winter Soldier teaser/trailer was included in 3D before the start of The Dark World.
Okay well then there you have it lol. It wasn't a theater chain exclusive and some 3D showings did not have it attached. Not sure why not but it was advertised as all 3D showings would show it. Not sure what happened for those that did not have it as part of their theatrical 3D viewing. But again hopefully for them it will be added to the special features on the bluray when it tentatively releases in March.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:52 AM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011

I love the matter that Thor and Loki will be working together....
Old 11-11-2013, 06:07 AM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamelessFanGirl View Post
I love the matter that Thor and Loki will be working together....
Oh, it's great.

The whole movie is a significant improvement on the original, which in my opinion was already quite good and enjoyable, but there's just so much more on the table in terms of scale and scope in the sequel.
You can't stop progress.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

I just hope there's a ton of deleted scenes. I read that Marvel forced Taylor to cut around 20 minutes. Doubt there will be a longer cut on disc (that doesn't really seem to be a Marvel thing), but hopefully the scenes will at least be included.

Not expecting much based on the Iron Man 3 Blu, though.
DVDTalk Blu-ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | e-mail me | Twitter
Old 11-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Guycott View Post
Oh, it's great.

The whole movie is a significant improvement on the original, which in my opinion was already quite good and enjoyable, but there's just so much more on the table in terms of scale and scope in the sequel.
Awesome! Yeah, I've heard that Thor 2 was better than the original which quite a large compliment. Most of the time sequels tend to not be as good as the first film.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #46
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011

I saw it in 2D for three reasons:
- 1 - cheaper
- 2 - the 3D was terrible for the first
- 3 - did NOT want to see anything about Captain America... Bad enough that I had to partially listen the the trailer...

I hate going to watch a movie and they have a trailer/interview for the movie that I'm about to watch.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #47
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineKinetic View Post
I saw it in 2D for three reasons:
- 1 - cheaper
- 2 - the 3D was terrible for the first
- 3 - did NOT want to see anything about Captain America... Bad enough that I had to partially listen the the trailer...

I hate going to watch a movie and they have a trailer/interview for the movie that I'm about to watch.
I can agree that seeing a movie in 2D is much cheaper than watching it in 3D. I remember going to see Titanic in April 2012 and though I loved the 3D that they did for the movie, it about $28 between myself and my boyfriend at the time.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #48
Expert Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamelessFanGirl View Post
I can agree that seeing a movie in 2D is much cheaper than watching it in 3D. I remember going to see Titanic in April 2012 and though I loved the 3D that they did for the movie, it about $28 between myself and my boyfriend at the time.
I always take it for granite that only men post in these types of forums. It's refreshing to have a female perspective. I think I'm going to see this in 2D also. Anyone who knows me would be surprised as I am a huge fan of 3D done right. I'll just pick up the blu ray disc in 3D. Would have seen this over the weekend but between church, cutting grass one last time, raking leaves and seeing The Rascals (playing together for the first time in 4 decades) the weekend was gone. Time is in short supply.

Last edited by Jbug; 11-11-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011

wtf? This already but still no gravity pre-order??
*Badass on the internet - Momma's boy in real life!*
Old 11-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #50

Jun 2012
Metro Detroit

I am friends with some people at my local movie theater chain. They told me that they had the Captain America preview, but the morning of release, were told not to show it. So that was a little odd.

As for this release, I'm debating whether or not to actually pick it up. I loved the movie, seen it twice already, but I'm sure I'll end up picking up the Phase 2 set in the fall of 2015, so I don't want to double purchase. I already purchased IM3-3D, but that's because I was really interested in the Shane Black commentary.

Here's hoping I can actually hold out until Avengers 2 is released before I pick this up. Something tells me my lack of patience will end up getting the better of me.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #51
Expert Member

Jul 2010

I placed the order for this at Amazon and there was no mention of free shipping. Any one know what is going on?
Old 11-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #52
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbug View Post
I placed the order for this at Amazon and there was no mention of free shipping. Any one know what is going on?
They recently upped the min for free shipping to $35. Just go back and add something cheap like a screw or a washer, and you'll get free shipping.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #53

Aug 2009

I thought the 3D post conversion was terrible! Overall viewing was dark, muddy, and a little blurry. I am definitely over this format until things improve dramatically.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #54

Sep 2013
Miami

This will be a day one purchase for me. I know usually the movie poster doesn't go on the cover but I'm hoping this makes it
Old 11-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #55
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

Saw this a 2nd time (sober this time) and loved it. Better than the 1st and a Phase 2 apology for Iron Man 3.

Awesome flick.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #56
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
Long Island, New York
USA No Music?

Hmmm the previous two Marvel films; "The Avengers" and "Iron Man 3" both released in a similar 3D package that included the music via download. Granted it is still a bit away from release of "Thor: The Dark World" bluray, but it seems the 3D release of this latest entry in Phase 2 will not include the music. Anybody out there have any info on this, I feel that it will be updated to advertise the music as part of the 3D set but figured toss it out there get some traction on this front. Thanks everyone :-)

Here is a side-by-side view of the box art for the previous two films (top right corner of each artwork shows 'Music' included.) Hope to see the "Thor: The Dark World" artwork update to show the same!

Old 11-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #57
Power Member

Aug 2007
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverJohnnyBoy View Post
Hmmm the previous two Marvel films; "The Avengers" and "Iron Man 3" both released in a similar 3D package that included the music via download. Granted it is still a bit away from release of "Thor: The Dark World" bluray, but it seems the 3D release of this latest entry in Phase 2 will not include the music. Anybody out there have any info on this, I feel that it will be updated to advertise the music as part of the 3D set but figured toss it out there get some traction on this front. Thanks everyone :-)

Here is a side-by-side view of the box art for the previous two films (top right corner of each artwork shows 'Music' included.) Hope to see the "Thor: The Dark World" artwork update to show the same!

I don't think Thor: The Dark World will include music. The Avengers and Iron Man 3 included music albums from various artists, and not the scores. Plus they didn't release such an album for TDW, only the score, which most likely won't be included. Would be awesome if it was though.
PSN: Mehdi5 XBL: MechanicMan17
Old 11-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #58

Jul 2009
Iowa

No UV code?
Old 11-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadJCronin View Post
No UV code?
Disney doesn't do UV yet, hopefully one day.
I redeemed Planes through Vudu I believe, but it didn't show up in my UV collection.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #60

Jan 2012
Parts Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmac View Post
Disney doesn't do UV yet, hopefully one day.
I redeemed Planes through Vudu I believe, but it didn't show up in my UV collection.
I use VUDU for all my UV stuff (Monsters University worked with Vudu).
Projector: EPSON 9700UB
Speakers: (2) Klipsch RF-82, (1) RC-82, (2) RS-42, (2) RS-52
Subwoofers: (1) Klipsch RSW-10d, (1) Polk RM 7200
Receiver: Onyko TX-NR709
Playstation 3, Xbox 360
Universal Remote Control URC MX880
Vutec VuFlex Pro 103" screen
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America