Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4)
$29.88
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PS4)
$14.99
Call of Duty: WWII (PS4)
$39.99
Call of Duty (PS4)
$19.88
Destiny 2 (PS4)
$29.99
Destiny 2 Collector's Edition (PS4)
$99.99
Prey 2 (PS4)
$19.99
PSVR Aim Controller Farpoint Bundle (PS4)
$70.00
The Evil Within 2 (PS4)
$31.95
Rocket League (PS4)
$19.99
Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4)
$44.99
Outlast Trinity (PS4)
$19.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation

Old 11-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013
California
Default Casual Gamers?

Is it bad that after I play a game I usually end up selling it? I mean and for the new gen I pretty much got rid of all my PS3 games to help offset costs a bit, but still should I feel bad about that?
Old 11-16-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Banned

Feb 2013
Canada

I don't think it's a bad thing, some gamers like to collect and others just like to consume and move on. It's how your personality is and IMO that's a ok.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultlife2013 View Post
I don't think it's a bad thing, some gamers like to collect and others just like to consume and move on. It's how your personality is and IMO that's a ok.
I'm far more different about movies and music but for games I've always felt different, not sure why.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
Banned

Feb 2013
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw89 View Post
I'm far more different about movies and music but for games I've always felt different, not sure why.
It seems like maybe you enjoy playing games but it's not that high up for you compared to your other hobbies. Maybe you are more passionate about movies and music, which I can relate to.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

well, if a game has no replay value for you then it is a good idea to sell it, than you are at least saving some of your gaming cost and space that the game uses on your shelf.

I do the same thing, once I beat a game and know that I will not play it ever again, I either try to sell it if I can get a decent price or try to do a straight trade.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 11-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2007
Victoria, BC

Quote:
Is it bad that after I play a game I usually end up selling it? I mean and for the new gen I pretty much got rid of all my PS3 games to help offset costs a bit, but still should I feel bad about that?
If your not going to play it again why would you hang on to it? I hang onto most of my games but I usually play them again at sometime.
HDMI cable CBC
"Your intellect may be confused," he once wrote, "but your emotions will never lie to you." Roger Ebert Physical media forever! In home theater and in life, itís my firm belief that anything worth doing is worth overdoing. When UHD Blu-ray comes lay of the DNR! Canadian hero "Your like a gas leak, we don't see you, we don't smell you, but your silently killing us all." PSN: blurules
Old 11-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2007
Victoria, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultlife2013 View Post
It seems like maybe you enjoy playing games but it's not that high up for you compared to your other hobbies. Maybe you are more passionate about movies and music, which I can relate to.
Or maybe he doesn't find much replay value in games.
HDMI cable CBC
"Your intellect may be confused," he once wrote, "but your emotions will never lie to you." Roger Ebert Physical media forever! In home theater and in life, itís my firm belief that anything worth doing is worth overdoing. When UHD Blu-ray comes lay of the DNR! Canadian hero "Your like a gas leak, we don't see you, we don't smell you, but your silently killing us all." PSN: blurules
Old 11-26-2013, 04:47 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Harlem

Quote:
Wait, you're a casual gamer & you finish games? I consider myself a CG & The Last of Us was the only game I finished less than a year after buying it. The last game I finished before that was Dead Space 2 a couple of months ago & I bought that day 1, didn't even crack open 3 yet.

Anyway, if I wasn't such a trophy *****, I'd probably sell games after I finished them too. Also, there are a lot of games I'd like to introduce to my kids as they get older like Heavenly Sword, The Last of Us, MGS4, the Uncharted games (damn I'm a Sony fanboy). I wish I was thinking that way about all of my prior systems, but sold them all to help finance the next generation, not doing that this time around.

You shouldn't feel bad about it. There are many people out there that can't afford or refuse to pay $60 for a new game & if you can get a lil bit of cash back after finishing the game while helping a fellow gamer pay less for a game, why feel bad?
Yearly Spending
2017 | 2016 | 2015

Stuff I'm Tryin' to Sell
Blus | UV codes | PS3/4 Games

I Play Nice With Others
PSN: JD_from_da_80s
Old 11-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #9

Nov 2013
india
Default thanx

heys frnd ..nice thread thanx for sharing this thread ..nice information :rock:
Old 11-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
Texas

I would always sell my games last generation after a while, every one of them. I don't plan on doing that with the ps4.
PSN - DispatchNinja
Old 11-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #11

Nov 2010

I always go back maybe not for years but I always go back. Whether it's a game, film or TV series they're....THE PRECIOUSES ARE MINE ALL MINE.
Thanks given by:
InGen (04-05-2017)
Old 01-06-2014, 05:14 AM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011

Quote:
No you shouldn't feel bad, if that's what you want then that's fine. I've sold a few of my games in the past in order to get a little extra cash for other things, games that I hadn't played in a long time or simply lost in interest in and just wanted to get rid of them.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #13

Sep 2011
Dubai, UAE
Send a message via Yahoo to vp_ortiz Send a message via Skype™ to vp_ortiz

Quote:
I'm more of a casual gamer too. It's seldom that I play (or even finish) some games and most of the time I just sell them off or trade them in. That's why my New Year's resolution is to at least finish a game when I get one. :-)
Old 01-12-2014, 08:06 AM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
the guy on the couch

I do that a lot with the generation of ps3/360 yet I still find myself collecting games from the gens that fully rooted me as a gamer. Ps1/ Dreamcast/ GameCube/ PS2. I constantly feel the need to throw in x com or ff7 on the ps1 and powers stone always makes its way out when I got friends over. Can't see doing the same with most of last gens games with a few exceptions.. skyrim/ arkhamA n C/ dead rising etc... I flip most of what I buy these days... makes it more cost effective then renting and gives me time to fully explore the game before I flip it.
Aggressive MiniHorse

Xbox Tag: KrazeyEyez
Old 01-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #15

Nov 2012

I dotn think its a big deal.
What good are having games on the shelf collecting dust? Get some money for em while they have some decent value.

I traded in tons of crap for that same reason last gen. I had phases where i told myself i wouldnt and eventually did. Now for X1 and PS4 im going to try and stop....fresh start and actually try and build myself a collection for once.
Starting to get tired of trying to rebuild collections. Infact, already this is the first time i didnt trade in older consoles in order to payoff/offset the new stuff.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:14 AM   #16

Dec 2013

A good commercial idea.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #17
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2011
UK

I try to hold onto most of my games.
LG 4K OLED 55 b6v/ Sony PS4 Pro
Currently Playing Horizon Zero Dawn/ Resident Evil 7/BF1/Hellblade
Old 03-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukraj View Post
I try to hold onto most of my games.
That's how I am too I still have games from the both the PS1 and PS2 days...
Old 03-18-2014, 07:04 AM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The Grid

Quote:
I wouldn't ever sell my games, but I am a collector. I am also mainly a pc gamer so the notion of selling my games is even less as a result (though I never really have sold my games). Selling or not selling your games is not what makes you a casual gamer anyway. Typically being a casual gamer means you play games but do not play what are considered core game for at least five hours most weeks. If you play core games and usually play for five hours or more a week you are core gamer. (At least this is how I have generally seen it defined).

If I no longer want a game I will usually find someone to give it to, or shall more often then not simply hold onto it and store it away. The number of games I assumed I would never touch again but have played several times is sizeable as well.
Display: Panasonic 65vt60 with a darbee darblet, Benq w7000.
Audio: Benchmark Dac1 ->DNA Sonett -> Sennheiser HD800 (balanced).
Old 03-31-2014, 10:06 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2008
Lisbon, Portugal

Interesting as I crossed this crossroad with the ps3.

I'm an hardcore gamer and collector. For the first time in my life I started selling my games. After years of playing and keeping the games I love for replaying purposes, I realized that I don't replay them enough. Unfortunately I don't have much free time anymore so I have a huge backlog of games.

This and the fact that the industry has changed a lot, specially by keeping the games readily available and, more than ofter, re-releasing them in collections or remasters, I figured I could get my investment back and purchase them again, if I want to replay them, in a better package.

Case in point - I completed "Last of Us" on a borrowed copy but decided to purchase it because I wanted to only keep the PS3 exclusives and replay them in the future. Now ND will release a complete edition for the PS4 with updated graphics and more content. I'm certain they will do the same with Uncharted and release a Trilogy set for the PS4. At that point my PS3 copies will be worth next to nothing.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation