Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
XBlaze Lost: Memories (PS3)
$18.44
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.29
Monster High New Ghoul In School (PS3)
$32.69
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! (PS3)
$16.08
Grand Theft Auto IV & Episodes from Liberty City (PS3)
$17.35
The Last of Us (PS3)
$18.88
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
$19.99
Record of Agarest War 2 (PS3)
$14.31
Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
$21.98
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 12-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #21
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariakon View Post

At least it was better than Colonial Marines.
This should never be used as a bullet point for a game. Ever. That's like saying "well, it's better than genocide" or "it's better than terminal cancer."
Old 12-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
This should never be used as a bullet point for a game. Ever. That's like saying "well, it's better than genocide" or "it's better than terminal cancer."
Which should tell you how much I liked Dead Space 3.
Currently Playing: Overwatch, Uncharted 4, Doom

Looking Forward to: Abzu, Titanfall 2, Horizon Zero Dawn
Old 12-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #23
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

Well, I don't hate it and I've never said a bad thing about it.

Then again... I never heard of it.... I don't get out much.

Was there a Dead Space 1 and 2?

-Brian
Blu Rays are Forever
Old 12-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #24
Banned

Jan 2013

Quote:
The game plays well, and looks fine enough. But I disliked it immensely. I can see why someone else might enjoy it, but the game took one of my favorite series' and turned it into a generic action game. It turned something special into something mediocre. So, was it fun? Sure, at times. But Dead Space had been something, if not unique, then different, at least.

I would liken it to movies about Aliens. Dead Space 1 was Alien (at least in video game terms. Don't get me wrong, the movies have much better writing and story), Dead Space 2 was Aliens, and Dead Space 3 was Predator 2. (Couldn't go with Alien Resurrection, that would be too cruel). It had some cool moments, but had a poor story and a somewhat bland concept.

At least it was better than Colonial Marines.

I guess I feel a similar way about the direction the Resident Evil franchise has gone. I could just about cope with the drastic changes to 4 as the series did need something different but now the game is unrecognisable. I didn't even bother buying 6 after playing the demo, so if you are a long time fan of the series like you are with Dead Space, then yeah, makes sense why you'd be frustrated.

The Alien series analogy is a good one except Dead Space 3 still feels more like Aliens rather than Predator 2, lol. There are still a lot of strong horror elements, it's just theres as much action as there is horror. maybe more.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprestige85 View Post
I guess I feel a similar way about the direction the Resident Evil franchise has gone. I could just about cope with the drastic changes to 4 as the series did need something different but now the game is unrecognisable. I didn't even bother buying 6 after playing the demo, so if you are a long time fan of the series like you are with Dead Space, then yeah, makes sense why you'd be frustrated.

The Alien series analogy is a good one except Dead Space 3 still feels more like Aliens rather than Predator 2, lol. There are still a lot of strong horror elements, it's just theres as much action as there is horror. maybe more.
That was the thing, I thought the horror had disappeared completely. I wasn't scared once while playing 3, though I did occasionally have fun.

And I get what you're saying about Aliens, I just felt that even though 2 ratcheted up the action, it walked the line between shooting and horror very deftly the way Aliens did. My avatar kind of gives away my fandom for the movie.

I also agree completely about RE. 6 was...yeah. Though I did like Revelations.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #26
Banned

Jan 2013

Quote:
That was the thing, I thought the horror had disappeared completely. I wasn't scared once while playing 3, though I did occasionally have fun.
I think i'm just a wimp

Quote:
And I get what you're saying about Aliens, I just felt that even though 2 ratcheted up the action, it walked the line between shooting and horror very deftly the way Aliens did. My avatar kind of gives away my fandom for the movie.
Five by Five

Quote:
I also agree completely about RE. 6 was...yeah. Though I did like Revelations.
Today 05:05 PM
I heard Revelations was actually decent. Just worried it will feel unwhelming compared to all the great games that came out earlier this year. I'll give it a go just because I like the idea of a genuinely scary Resi game.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #27
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprestige85 View Post
I think i'm just a wimp

Five by Five

I heard Revelations was actually decent. Just worried it will feel unwhelming compared to all the great games that came out earlier this year. I'll give it a go just because I like the idea of a genuinely scary Resi game.
It was fun. Playing as Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield certainly helped. The ocean setting was interesting, too. Not a classic in the series, but lightyears away from 6.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #28
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
The game plays well, and looks fine enough. But I disliked it immensely. I can see why someone else might enjoy it, but the game took one of my favorite series' and turned it into a generic action game. It turned something special into something mediocre. So, was it fun? Sure, at times. But Dead Space had been something, if not unique, then different, at least.
This sums it up pretty well. DS3 production quality is fine. Gameplay is on par with other good single player shooters and it's not particularly buggy, but the original Dead Space is a classic. I could still go back and replay it. DS3 in anything other than name and subject matter pays no respect to Dead Space as a survival horror game. The negativity about this game all stems from the fact that they took a memorable experience and made it into something completely generic and then made it worse by adding another player in a weird way and microtransactions.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:27 AM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

I finished Dead Space 2 for the PS3 and I recently finished Dead Space 3 for the Xbox 360. These two are some of the scariest games that I have ever played. In both games the puzzles aren't overly difficult, which I liked.
My main gripe with D.S. 3 was the weapon build, which I had a difficult time figuring out. I probably had 2 of the crappiest weapons when I finished the game, the Plasma Cutter and Telemetry Spike gun.
I still had 2 large Medi-Packs and 16 medium Medi-Packs in storage.

It took awhile before I figured out that you had to shoot the Markers at the eyeballs. It's all about timing.

I guess Isaac is actually..................alive.
"and baby you can see,
that we were meant to be,
you take the shades of gray,
and make them fade away"

rainbow girl by dj s3rl 💙💚💛💜💓
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3