Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Black Sabbath (AIP Cut) $10.73 (3 hours left)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.69
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.79
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.04
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
$32.01
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3)
$19.99
WRC 4 - FIA World Rally Championship (PS3)
$14.99
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$17.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 11-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Portland, Oregon
Default Persona 5 - Coming exclusively to PS3 in Winter 2014!

PSN: l-Richie-Kun-l / NNID: Richie-Kun (7395-4703-5312)
Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (NSW)
Currently Waiting for: WWE 2K18 for Nintendo Switch?

Last edited by Richie-Kun; 11-24-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

why not on the ps4!

oh well, can't wait
Old 11-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Portland, Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
why not on the ps4!

oh well, can't wait
Probably because it was in development for PS3 for a long while now. Plus, if I remember correctly, Persona 4 didn't come out on PS2 until like two years after the PS3 launched anyway, so this is nothing new for Atlus...
Old 11-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-Kun View Post
Probably because it was in development for PS3 for a long while now. Plus, if I remember correctly, Persona 4 didn't come out on PS2 until like two years after the PS3 launched anyway, so this is nothing new for Atlus...
Well back then, PS2 was getting many great JRPGs that are still not on PS3. Not to mention that if you include the Japanese release of Persona 4, you could even say that the Development for the PS2 version was made too early in the PS3's life cycle. PS3 didn't get very many JRPGs until a couple of years later.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-Kun View Post
That doesn't mean it can't come out on both
Old 11-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
It's risky for niche games. Plus look at how long it took Atlus to make that Catherine game.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Portland, Oregon

Quote:
Yes, that is true, but the same could be said about Persona 4 and yet that stayed exclusive to PS2 until it was ported over to PS VITA with new features years later...
Old 11-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
It's risky for niche games. Plus look at how long it took Atlus to make that Catherine game.
It would be nice. A PC version would be awesome too!

I am curious if they are going to be doing a similtaneous release in North America and Japan? Considering digital distribution is much more recognized than it was since Persona 4 came out, I would imagine they would have released the game closer. Even a subtitled version of the game I would find acceptable.

Otherwise though, can't wait! Glad I still got my PS3.
Projectors: JVC DLA-X3, Infocus X10 1080p DLP projector
TV:Samsung Plasma PN60F5300 (60 inch, 1080p)
AV Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1124
HTPC/gaming rig
Steam: rctyke (trogdor2010)
Old 11-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #9
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor2010 View Post
It would be nice. A PC version would be awesome too!

I am curious if they are going to be doing a similtaneous release in North America and Japan? Considering digital distribution is much more recognized than it was since Persona 4 came out, I would imagine they would have released the game closer. Even a subtitled version of the game I would find acceptable.

Otherwise though, can't wait! Glad I still got my PS3.
Simultaneous? Doubtful. Not after the Persona 4 Arena incident or like how the Blu-rays of Persona 4 The Animation were released too soon in America and thus having to remove the Japanese audio on the Blu-ray version.

Plus it's pretty much a given that Atlus will give it an English dub voice cast and with Persona 5 most likely being all original, it would need to go through a whole translation process from Atlus USA. Persona 4 Arena just happened to be English-friendly from the start and so was able to be released very shortly after the Japanese release.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #10
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81

are there any Persona's on PSN?
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
Old 11-25-2013, 02:15 AM   #11
Special Member

Sep 2011
Endora

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy81 View Post
are there any Persona's on PSN?
There's:

-Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS2 Classic, playable on PS3)
-Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1 Classic, playable on PS3/PSP/Vita)
-Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP, playable on Vita)
-Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable (PSP, playable on Vita)
-Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
-Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (PSP, playable on Vita)
-Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
Old 11-25-2013, 03:22 AM   #12
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster7 View Post
There's:

-Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS2 Classic, playable on PS3)
-Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1 Classic, playable on PS3/PSP/Vita)
-Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP, playable on Vita)
-Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable (PSP, playable on Vita)
-Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
-Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (PSP, playable on Vita)
-Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
sweet. I'll get Persona 2 and 3 when I get my PS3 back. Wish 4 was playable on PS3.
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
Old 11-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

Great news but Atlus is even worse than PD when it comes to game development. P5 was supposedly being worked on for the past 3 years, now they need another full year for Japan and probably another 6 months minimum for a western release. I know there is a TON of voicework in Persona games, but outside of that it's mostly static pictures when they speak and basic levels--nothing outrageously detailed. I have no idea why these games take so long to complete.

Happy about the announcement, bummed about the ridiculous development time.
Plats--123:
Latest Plat--Nier: Automata
PSN ID: SNAKE_XRS
Old 11-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #14
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
This weekend, Atlus revealed that the next installment of the Persona series in Persona 5 will be coming to the PlayStation 3 in winter 2014 in Japan. This week’s Dengeki PlayStation magazine shares some additional tidbits of information on the upcoming game.

The teaser that was shown during the Persona 5 reveal had what appeared to be five chairs with a ball and chain attached to each one. According to the magazine, these chairs are part of a high school classroom, and the chairs and chains represent the theme of the upcoming game.

Additionally, Dengeki reports that Persona 5 will be an RPG that sends a strong message of catharsis, after overcoming trials to free yourself from your shackles. The game will take place in the series’ usual juvenile school setting, but will take on a different mood this time around.

We’ll have more news on Persona 5 as it is made available.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/26...g-trials-free/
Old 11-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #15
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
This weekend, Atlus shared a glimpse of Persona’s future, which included an RPG title for 3DS, a dancing rhythm game,*more on Persona 4 Arena’s upcoming sequel, and finally a reveal for Persona 5. Series director Katsura Hashino shares some thoughts and info on the latest announcements in a Famitsu interview.

Famitsu begins by mentioning that it must’ve felt like it was due time for the Persona team to make a new announcement since they revealed Persona 4: The Ultimate Suplex Hold this summer.

“Yes, this past year or so, we’ve caused you fans who’ve been supporting Atlus to worry, and we haven’t been able to find the right timing to bring you any announcements, so we truly apologize for that,” explains Hashino. “With the thought of being able to present a new game to you all soon, we zealously continued development, and are very grateful to have been able to make such an announcement this time!”

Next, Famitsu asks if the Persona producer and director could share a few words on the recently announced Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, which they say appears to be a new Persona RPG with elements from the Etrian Odyssey series.

“Just like the experiment of making a fighting game based off the Persona series in Persona 4 Arena, which was also well received by fans, the plan of making Persona Q came from wanting a game that could bring further joy from an even more ‘unexpected element’,” shares Hashino. “This will be the first title the Persona team will be making for Nintendo 3DS, and we also have Etrian Odyssey that represents Atlus for the 3DS, and we’ll be using its system as part of a ‘festive’ collaboration mindset in the development for Persona Q.”

“While we are implementing Etrian Odyssey’s system into it, just as the name implies, Persona Q will be a completely new title, but first and foremost, it’ll be for the fans of the Persona series,” emphasizes Hashino, when asked about what kind of game system we can expect from it. “However, since next year will be the 25th anniversary of the Atlus brand, we’d also like to use this opportunity to spread the essence from other titles apart from the Persona titles.”

After having announced several new titles earlier this weekend, Famitsu asks about how far have they progressed in the development of the games.

“Persona Q is just entering its testing phase, and we’re currently polishing its contents,” says Hashino. “As for Persona 4: The Ultimate Suplex Hold, the folks from Arc System Works are helping out, and the development progress is going very smoothly. By summer of next year, we’ll be delivering a very voluminous PlayStation 3 version.”

“Persona 4: Dancing All Night, too, is pretty much done for the most part, but we’re about to make more dances and events for it,” continues Hashino. “We, the Persona team, along with Arc System Works, and Dingo, are strongly focusing on our objectives and giving everything we got to meet your expectations, and we’ll continue doing so!”

Famitsu then asks Hashino to share a little on the Persona series’ newest main-numbered title, which was finally revealed.

“We’ve kept you waiting. The title will be Persona 5, a proper main-numbered game of the series,” says Hashino. “Continuing from the previous Persona 4, I will be the director, Soejima (Shigenori) will be in charge of character designs, and Meguro (Shoji) will be composing the soundtrack.”

Finally, Hashino shares a message for the fans:

Katsura Hashino: “I truly apologized for the delayed announcement! The development staff are working together as one in hopes of making each title something that can leave you with pleasant memories. Again, we will keep making games for you fans who continue sharing your love for the games we make, so thank you very much for your ongoing support!”

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth will be coming out June 5th, 2014 for Nintendo 3DS; Persona 4: Dancing All Night in fall 2014 for PlayStation Vita; Persona 4: The Ultimax Suplex Hold for PlayStation 3 in summer 2014, and Persona 5 for PlayStation 3 next winter.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/25...ancing-future/
Old 02-25-2014, 06:00 PM   #16
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

The News We All Have Been Waiting For

Quote:
Persona 5 will be released in 2015 for the PlayStation 3 in North America, Atlus USA announced this morning.

Persona 5, as previously reported, will feature characters that are shackled by modern society, with each one being restrained by something. The game will take place in a school setting with a different mood from past Persona titles.
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/25...-america-2015/
Old 06-07-2016, 04:25 PM   #17
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Vancouver, Canada

Three years later of its original release date, the game comes out on PS3 and PS4 on February 14, 2017.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:38 PM   #18
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

The title to this thread is hilarious

its actually 2 years and that was in Japan. NA, I dont think ever got a release window besides 2015
Old 06-08-2016, 04:57 AM   #19
Power Member

Oct 2008
Bloomington, IL

Lol, delayed to 2017 in the US, also coming out for PS4. Way to go Atlus.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:16 AM   #20
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
The title to this thread is hilarious

its actually 2 years and that was in Japan. NA, I dont think ever got a release window besides 2015
Persona games in America are released almost right after the Japanese release.

As for the title of the thread, well 2013 when this was announced was a very different market for PS4 in Japan.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3