COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Water Life: Planet Water (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Life (Blu-ray)
$25.26
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
Sorcerer (Blu-ray)
$19.59
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Uncle Nino (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Old 11-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
Power Member

Sep 2007
Chicago, IL
Send a message via AIM to DealsR4theDevil
Default Prison Break Season 1

Has anyone found any reviews for it? I wanna buy this but I dont wanna buy it blindly.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
Power Member

May 2007
Indiana

If the reviews are good, im picking this one up as well...watched an episode or two of the newest season and i like this show.

FYI just got Planet Earth on Saturday!!!
PSN: Wiskers42

Samsung 46in 1080p LCD(living room)
Sony Playstation 3(living room)
Samsung 40in 720p(bedroom)
Old 11-11-2007, 10:04 PM   #3
Expert Member

Aug 2007
Minnesota PSNetwork ID: Sic_Wild_Child
Send a message via AIM to PS34EVER Send a message via MSN to PS34EVER Send a message via Yahoo to PS34EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealsR4theDevil View Post
Has anyone found any reviews for it? I wanna buy this but I dont wanna buy it blindly.
Not trying to be biased, but this show is ALMOST as good as 24. I have the first season on DVD, and I don't want to give anything away on the whole story, but it IS ONE OF THE BEST plots that I've ever seen incorporated into one season's worth of a TV show. It absolutely amazed me as to how they fit an entire 22 episodes in a prison. Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell are the ABSOULTE best actors that could be made into the lead actors for this show along with the stunning supporting cast that is also in the show. I am not being biased. It IS that good of a show.

I realize that season 2 is not out yet on Blu-ray, but I pray that it is soon. I don't know if you have been able to watch season 3 yet on TV, but it is the WORST season so far out of the three. If you like season 3, you will LOVE THE FIRST TWO.

Absolutely a must buy!!! This is a great drama.

EDIT: Prison Break was nominated for its first award, the 2005 People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama. The other nominees in the same category were Commander in Chief and Criminal Minds. Prison Break won the award in January 2006.
Calling all NHL fans! Come visit my MN Wild blog and join in on the discussion of all things hockey!
TV: Samsung 1080p 56" HL-T5687s LED DLP
Player: Playstation 3, 320GB (60GB SKU)
Old 11-11-2007, 11:57 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS34EVER View Post
I don't know if you have been able to watch season 3 yet on TV, but it is the WORST season so far out of the three. If you like season 3, you will LOVE THE FIRST TWO.
While I quoted PS34EVER because I agree with him, this post actually goes out to the OP.

If you're in to super-realistic stuff, PB is not the show for you, but if you like suspense and great drama, S1 is for you!

I was planning on getting PB:S1 on Blu-ray next year, but with some of the deals out there, I might be convinced to get it earlier...

~Alan
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the
views of Alan Gordon, Alan Gordon Enterprises, Alan Gordon, Inc., or Alan Gordon Amalgamated.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:58 PM   #5
Power Member

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealsR4theDevil View Post
want me to tell you what happens?! lol
Samsung 32" LCD Flatscreen LN-T3242H | PS3 60G ridge racer 7 - time crisis 4 - marvel ultimate alliance - call of duty 4 - orange box - guitar hero III Blu-ray: 93 collection | DVD: 199 collection | PSN ID: coletti
Old 11-11-2007, 11:59 PM   #6
Power Member

Jul 2007
I'm not drunk, I'm just tired cause I been up all night drinking.

I would really like to see HBO's original series OZ released on blu-ray as well.
Put the blu-ray in the f@*{'n basket. I'll hurt your poodle mister.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:02 AM   #7
Special Member

Jul 2007
Grand Rapids, MI

I agree with PS34EVER...if you like what you see on season 3 then you will LOVE season 1!

This is a show that I would definitely buy on Blu to replace my SD version if the reviews are solid enough. I just wish they were a little easier to find with the release date being so close and all....
500gb PS3
PSNetwork ID: Magic13
Old 11-12-2007, 12:07 AM   #8
Power Member

Sep 2007
Northern California

Prison Break Season 1 is better than anyone season of 24 IMO. I feel like each season is getting weaker though. 24 has started to really go downhill as well. I'm not sure I like that they brought back Almeida as the bad guy...we'll see how it goes, but there's always someone on the inside in 24 and it is just really getting to me. I think the season with Marwon was where it really started to bug me. They kept missing him by seconds and it happened several times. Ok sorry to go off on a tangent.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:22 AM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

May 2007

Prison Break was originally just 13 episodes start to finish, they escaped and that was it, home free.

Around episode 8, the ratings were so good they extended it, then gave it another season and they've pretty much been winging it every since.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:26 AM   #10
Blu-ray reviewer

Sep 2007
-
-

I never watched Season 1, but one lazy Saturday afternoon FX was airing a marathon of season 2. I got hooked and bought season 1 on DVD. And I still haven't watched it! But I'll buy subsequent seasons on Blu, and I may replace my S1 if a good deal comes along.
Panasonic TC-P50VT20, Pioneer VSX 1120, and Panasonic DMP-BDT300: Amazing combo!
Blu-ray.com reviewer
PITTSBURGH STEELERS SUPER BOWL XLIII CHAMPIONS
PITTSBURGH PENGUINS 2008-2009 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
PITTSBURGH PIRATES THE LOSING STREAK IS OVER!
Old 11-12-2007, 01:00 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Gilead

Prison Break - I watch it, but the first three seasons of 24 absolutely blow the first three seasons of Prison Break out of the water.

Although to be honest, it's unfair to put ANY show's first three seasons up against the first three of 24. I thought 4 was weak, but 5 was just as good as 1,2 and 3.

I wish Fox would do S1 of 24 on Blu-ray - because that's the only one in 2.0 stereo.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:02 AM   #12
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Gilead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grisle View Post
Prison Break Season 1 is better than anyone season of 24 IMO. I feel like each season is getting weaker though. 24 has started to really go downhill as well. I'm not sure I like that they brought back Almeida as the bad guy...we'll see how it goes, but there's always someone on the inside in 24 and it is just really getting to me. I think the season with Marwon was where it really started to bug me. They kept missing him by seconds and it happened several times. Ok sorry to go off on a tangent.
Yup, Season 4 was weak, but each of the first three seasons of 24 and season 5 are all miles better than any season of Prison Break. It took them a long time to get chemistry together in that show. It took one episode for 24 to do it.

The last 7 hours of Season 3 of 24 are the best 7 episode run of any TV show in the history of TV, beginning with Jack having to take Chappelle to the train yard.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #13

Aug 2007

Isn't Prison Break popular in the US???

It's only ranked 3,481 on Amazon?
B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, B&W SCMS, B&W ASW855 :)
NAD Master Series M15 + M25
Optoma HD80 1080p projector
Lissau 78" TAB Tension screen
Samsung BD-P1400
Old 11-12-2007, 03:05 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
MN

Is this thread to compare 24 to Prison Break or just to recommend Prison Break?

I would definitely recommend Prison Break Season One. Good suspense and story. This looked great on upconverted DVD... I can only imagine how good it will look on Blu. I would buy it if I were you. You won't be disappointed.
Latest Purchase: Panasonic GT30 55"
My HT Gallery

Old 11-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

May 2007

Quote:

This is what I keep telling people why they're putting out current seasons and not the back catalog

It is much much harder to get people to buy something like a TV box again, ESPECIALLY when the SRP is $40 higher than they originally paid
Old 11-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #16
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Gilead

It's true - you've got to really like a TV show to replace it
I'm glad I haven't bought any Lost on DVD, I've just borrowed them.
24 I have all seasons up to Season 5. I didn't buy S6 because I don't buy DVD's anymore.

I would replace 1, 2, 3 and 5 with Blu-ray. S4 I'm not such a big fan of.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #17

Nov 2007

I'm really tempted to pick this up along with the rest of Amazon BOGO offers.

The only problem is, I don't know if this is really worth it compared to the DVD version, is there going to be a huge upgrade over it?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:36 AM   #18
Banned

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post

Personally, I think that show was so suspenseful, it's a lot less interesting the 2nd time around. I was addicted to it, though, and just couldn't stop watching. Now that I know the ending, it's just not the same, I guess.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #19
Power Member

Sep 2007
Chicago, IL

This is out tomorrow, surely someone has it by now. Can anyone comment on the PQ/SQ?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:46 AM   #20
Power Member

Sep 2007
Chicago, IL

Did anyone buy this!!!??? Can anyone comment on the PQ? Or better yet who has the DVD and Blu-ray version, what is the difference in quality?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America