Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Thor: Ragnarok 3D (Blu-ray)
£11.99
8 hrs ago
The Disaster Artist (Blu-ray)
£7.49
3 hrs ago
All the Money in the World (Blu-ray)
£7.49
6 hrs ago
Big Hero 6 3D (Blu-ray)
£4.99

Thor: Ragnarok (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Legion: The Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
£10.59
5 hrs ago
Thor: Ragnarok 4K (Blu-ray)
£19.99
7 hrs ago
Wind River (Blu-ray)
£6.99
10 hrs ago
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Seasons 1-5 (Blu-ray)
£33.59
5 hrs ago
Bruce Lee The Master Collection (Blu-ray)
£27.02

Spitfire (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Candyman (Blu-ray)
£24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 11-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #261

Dec 2010
England

Just received this set today. Can you believe it? Season 1 is missing disc 1 and instead I have a duplicate disc 3. I hate it when this kind of thing happens as I just know I'm going to be required to send back the entire boxset rather than Zavvi just sending me a replacement disc.

This is why when one receives any boxset it really pays to check every single disc before it becomes too late to return the set.

Aaaaah
Old 11-06-2014, 05:59 PM   #262
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowmaker View Post
Just received this set today. Can you believe it? Season 1 is missing disc 1 and instead I have a duplicate disc 3. I hate it when this kind of thing happens as I just know I'm going to be required to send back the entire boxset rather than Zavvi just sending me a replacement disc.

This is why when one receives any boxset it really pays to check every single disc before it becomes too late to return the set.

Aaaaah
I don't think there is a "too late" under UK law if it's defective, and yes I imagine you'll be asked to send the entire set back, I doubt Zavvi will be able to just send you the required discs...
Thanks given by:
lcohaila (11-07-2014)
Old 11-10-2014, 05:52 AM   #263
Special Member

Feb 2011
Exclamation

well i got mine and yep like others have posted slight dent in the box and both of the first 2 seasons every hinge on the inside of the case is broken.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:05 AM   #264
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Metro Detroit Area

Does this set have all of the bonus features that the DVD has?

Are there any major flaws with this set?

I (think) I read that it has lossy audio, but I've never seen this show and audio isn't as big of a deal to me as the video, and I'd still consider blind-buying this set.

My biggest concern though, is things like commentaries and bonus features being carried over. Are those all here? Or are there any omissions?

Edit: Also, are there any issues with music being replaced?
Obsessed with TV shows on Blu-ray.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:32 AM   #265
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Metro Detroit Area

59.99 now. Just ordered this and Suits seasons 1-3 (which is down to 24.99) for 74.77 shipped with discount code 10OFF30.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:40 AM   #266
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Central Florida

Hit up the episode guides (...link in my sig) I worked up for this set to review the contents per disc if you like. There are a number of commentaries offered and several bonus features. It's all documented in the episode guides. I do own all 8 seasons on DVD as well, but don't care to take the time to compare what was or wasn't carried over in the way of bonus features per this Blu-ray release. Sorry. You or someone else could certainly do that though.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:48 AM   #267
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by UUUUGGGGHHHH View Post
59.99 now. Just ordered this and Suits seasons 1-3 (which is down to 24.99) for 74.77 shipped with discount code 10OFF30.
Not from Amazon.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:24 AM   #268
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Metro Detroit Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
Not from Amazon.
Sorry, I meant Zavvi. Their shipping to the U.S. is cheaper than Amazon too.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:08 AM   #269
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UUUUGGGGHHHH View Post
You realise the Suits set definitely is lacking bonus features, right? Although you've posted on the associated threat so I'd hope so...
Old 11-15-2014, 07:57 PM   #270

Jul 2008
Gastonia, NC. USA

Thank you guys!!!

Just ordered from Zavvi for a grand total of 54.98 ($84.14 USD) using a zavvi 10% discount coupon (10% off Orders Over 30 at Zavvi - 10OFF30) + delivery included to US.

That's $10.50 usd per season. Great price!!!

Regards,
Sergio Perez-More

"Long Live Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD Master Audio"

Blu-ray/Blu-ray Audio/HD DVD & DVD/DVD-A/SACD Collection

Sergio's Home Theater & Bar

Last edited by sperezmore; 11-15-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:26 AM   #271
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
London

The box set is one of Amazon's lightning deals today, it goes live at 5pm, could be a very good price.
Thanks given by:
hdgfs (11-23-2014)
Old 11-23-2014, 11:42 AM   #272

Jun 2009
UK

Can't see it beating the 54 from Zavvi but we'll see.
"Amonkira, Lord of Hunters, grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."
Old 11-23-2014, 01:14 PM   #273

Sep 2009
Belgium

Does anyone know if the seasons have French subtitles?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-23-2014, 08:02 PM   #274
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Central Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-beldvd man View Post
Does anyone know if the seasons have French subtitles?

Thanks in advance!
Yes. English, French, Dutch, German, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish to be exact.
Thanks given by:
ex-beldvd man (11-25-2014)
Old 11-23-2014, 09:17 PM   #275

Jun 2010
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaScope View Post
The box set is one of Amazon's lightning deals today, it goes live at 5pm, could be a very good price.
Thanks for that , got it 47.74 ($86 Aud) delivered to here in Aus.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:01 PM   #276

Jul 2009

Upcoming Deal
House - Complete Collection [Blu-ray]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...rd_p=556353867

52.99 (36% off)

Last edited by lcohaila; 11-25-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #277

Jun 2009
UK

Just received this from Zavvi, for 49.99 - it's still that price on there if you want it.

Came packaged in a box (not some big jiffy bag which I usually get) with the plastic air bags surrounding it as padding, no damage. So with all the complaints Zavvi usually get on here about their packaging I'm happy enough
"Amonkira, Lord of Hunters, grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."
Old 12-03-2014, 02:10 PM   #278

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane View Post
Just received this from Zavvi, for 49.99 - it's still that price on there if you want it.

Came packaged in a box (not some big jiffy bag which I usually get) with the plastic air bags surrounding it as padding, no damage. So with all the complaints Zavvi usually get on here about their packaging I'm happy enough
Glad you got your set. I love my French one. And glad it came in good shape. I've traditionally been very lucky with my purchases from overseas companies. I did receive a hardback book with "cuts" in the cover once, but fortunately that never happened again...

I have been watching my Vudu copies of House lately, and for most of Season 1, the original theme song seems to play before the show. But moving to Season 2, it's like they realized they didn't have rights to it, and they use the "alternate theme". I wasn't expecting that, since I bought what I expected was the US version through Vudu here in the states. But I've only watched a couple episodes, and dunno if it might go back to the "original theme" later. Anyone else watched episodes this way an noticed? I assume my French discs won't have the US theme, but I'll have to watch an episode soon and confirm.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #279

Jun 2009
UK

Yeah it won't have Teardrop, all because of Massive Attack's copyright crap! I believe pretty much everywhere has the Singapore theme now, which is disappointing IMO because I like the alternate European theme, but they went with the other choice.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:18 AM   #280
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Central Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane View Post
Yeah it won't have Teardrop, all because of Massive Attack's copyright crap! I believe pretty much everywhere has the Singapore theme now, which is disappointing IMO because I like the alternate European theme, but they went with the other choice.
It took me a while to get used to the opening theme (...I purchased the UK release) which per the US releases of Seasons 6-8 is what plays at the close of each episode, not the beginning. Was strange at first hearing the closing theme at the start and end of each episode. Quite redundant, but after "x" number of episodes I got used to it. It's out of sight, out of mind now though I'm just about to finish up Season 5, then it's on to the US releases of Seasons 6-8. Will be nice to hear the "Teardrop" opening once again from Season 6 on as that's what I've been used to all these years. That being said, this has undoubtedly been my Blu-ray purchase of the year. Have literally been grinning from ear to ear throughout every episode per Seasons 1-5 which for the longest time were never available on Blu-ray. It's far from a perfect release. There are a number of episodes from the earlier seasons which contain far too much in the way of mosquito noise during certain scenes which I found distracting at times. Mostly noticeable on white backgrounds. Lab coats for example. There were also a handful of shots spread out across the earlier seasons completely out of focus and quite jarring. Just a handful. Close up shots of someones face usually. Those moments would only last for a quick second or two. Still takes you completely out of the moment though they are that bad. Definitely gets better as you go thankfully. Season 5 that I'm working through now has been particularly rock solid so far. I also haven't noticed anything in the way of edge enhancement or noise reduction so far. Should also note that I've been watching this on a 120" front projector screen from about 12 feet away, so any flaws in the presentation have certainly been magnified. At the same time, at 120" the amount of detail speaks volumes for the improvement over the DVD's that I own. Just for kicks I cranked up the non-anamorphic Widescreen release of House M.D. Season 1 that I own on DVD watching a few scenes of the first episode, then watching those same scenes on Blu-ray. The DVD's are a complete and utter joke. Universal needs a serious kick in the ass for not giving House M.D. the Blu-ray treatment prior to now and a second kick in the ass for not putting out a US based release as well, one that dare I say includes lossless audio. As I said though, I still consider this to be my top Blu-ray purchase of the year. Absolutely no regrets.

Last edited by AmishParadise; 12-04-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Thanks given by:
Thane (12-04-2014), willbfree (12-08-2014)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland