Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$6.00
1 hr ago
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99
3 hrs ago
Riddick (Blu-ray)
$6.96
38 min ago
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
23 min ago
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (Blu-ray)
$6.96
38 min ago
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$9.00
23 min ago
Super 8 (Blu-ray)
$4.99
3 hrs ago
Now You See Me (Blu-ray)
$6.96
38 min ago
The Great Gatsby (Blu-ray)
$6.00
1 hr ago
Noah (Blu-ray)
$9.96
3 hrs ago
About Time (Blu-ray)
$8.00
23 min ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.49
5 hrs ago
A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$9.00
2 hrs ago
The Bourne Identity (Blu-ray)
$4.00
1 hr ago

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-15-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
Special Member

Apr 2012
Hawaii
Default Looney Tunes Platinum Collection Volume 3 - August 12

Looney Tunes Platinum Collection: Volume Three Blu-ray

Last edited by Deciazulado; 06-24-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010
USA

Whoa, I guess I better buy volume 2 then.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)

About thufferin' thucotash time!
Old 04-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
NJ, USA

Good news!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:10 PM   #5

Mar 2011

One of the most anticipated releases for me. I'm hoping Warner reconsiders abandoning the Blu releases and just moves future volumes to Warner Archive like they did with the Forbidden Hollywood series. They have enough cartoons with HD masters on the shelf for another 4-5 volumes.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #6
Special Member

Jul 2013
St. Albans, UK

Good news, I bought Volume 2 recently but not seen it yet.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:20 PM   #7
Expert Member

Nov 2012
Novato, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert Souse View Post
One of the most anticipated releases for me. I'm hoping Warner reconsiders abandoning the Blu releases and just moves future volumes to Warner Archive like they did with the Forbidden Hollywood series. They have enough cartoons with HD masters on the shelf for another 4-5 volumes.
They could move it to Warner Archive, but it won't make much difference. They have to press them on Blu-ray (due to the incompatibility of certain players to play BD-r, such as the PS4 and Xbox One), and the only real advantage of the DVD Archive program IS the ability to release them on dvd-r. So without the advantage of burned discs, the BD Archive program is actually a joke, a facade.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:30 PM   #8
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames. View Post
They could move it to Warner Archive, but it won't make much difference. They have to press them on Blu-ray (due to the incompatibility of certain players to play BD-r, such as the PS4 and Xbox One), and the only real advantage of the DVD Archive program IS the ability to release them on dvd-r. So without the advantage of burned discs, the BD Archive program is actually a joke, a facade.
I have no idea what nonsense you're talking about. The Archive works well for titles that Warner believes wouldn't sell well in a wider release. Instead of printing up tens of thousands of Blu-rays that get unsold at retailers, and are sent back to them, they print up a smaller amount, and sell them directly and through select online retailers. This method is much safer, and can make both them, and us happy. We get the movies/shows we want, they don't lose money on them.

Now something like the Platinum collection seems less likely to become an Archive release because a lot of money goes into restoring these, and it'd be unlikely that they'd recoup that with the select market reach of the Archive program.

Last edited by MifuneFan; 04-15-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
I have no idea what nonsense you're talking about. The Archive works well for titles that Warner believes wouldn't sell well in a wider release. Instead of printing up tens of thousands of Blu-rays that get unsold at retailers, and are sent back to them, they print up a smaller amount, and sell them directly and through select online retailers. This method is much safer, and can make both them, and us happy. We get the movies/shows we want, they don't lose money on them.

Now something like the Platinum collection seems less likely to become an Archive release because a lot of money goes into restoring these, and it'd be unlikely that they'd recoup that with the select market reach of the Archive program.
I agree with your sentiments 100%. The Archive program is a great way to put out certain film and television titles that will sell well using this method but that would not necessarily generate enough sales through a much wider production method.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:05 PM   #10
Expert Member

Nov 2012
Novato, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
It works well for DVD as it enables them to use the flexibility of DVD-r to releases dozens of new movies every month.

The program on Blu-ray has been able to muster perhaps one title per month.
That's not my idea of "working well", especially if they start queuing up TV shows and cartoon shorts along with the catalog movies. Heck, even Twilight Time is able to release 5 movies per month and it's model is even more restrictive as far as distribution goes. With Warner's might and library? It's a joke.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:10 PM   #11
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
It works well for DVD as it enables them to use the flexibility of DVD-r to releases dozens of new movies every month.

That's not my idea of "working", especially if they start queuing up TV shows and cartoon shorts along with the catalog movies. Heck, even Twilight Time is able to release 5 movies per month and it's model is even more restrictive as far as distribution goes. With Warner's might and library? It's a joke.
Just because they're not putting out releases at a steady clip does not somehow equate to the program not working. They've actually stepped it up a bit compared to last year, even though it's still not as good as what they originally proposed.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:12 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Quote:

That's not my idea of "working well", especially if they start queuing up TV shows and cartoon shorts along with the catalog movies. Heck, even Twilight Time is able to release 5 movies per month and it's model is even more restrictive as far as distribution goes. With Warner's might and library? It's a joke.
They need to release more through the Archive program. I agree. However, that doesn't mean it is not a good business model.

I think they need to promote more that these releases will be limited to 3,000 units and that they shouldn't promote the idea of them being easily reprinted. This will cause an increase in demand from fans to purchase the releases instead of fans waiting for bigger sales - which is something that occasionally does NOT lead to sales of releases.

There are a few ways they could increase activity on the Archive Blu-ray front and making them become promoted as limited items ala Twilight Time is one way -- perhaps including numbered cards or printing numbers on the cover art would be another.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #13

Aug 2008
San FranJose

If you want to help insure other volumes, don't cheap out and wait for a price drop. All studios watch the units sold numbers of the first week, 30 days, and 45 or 60 day numbers. If more people buy in this time frame, it gives a more accurate account of the number of people buying it. Especially catalogue releases. They could care less how many are sold because it hit a certain cheap point unless the number is like millions in a week, months after release. The point is Warner will continue to do these if it benefits them, but we need to show them that.
JackKnight_Starman Profiler List
Mitsubishi WD65835 65" DLP RPTV
Oppo BDP-93
Onkyo TX-SR609 A/V Reciever

" You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you need to concentrate on." President George W. Bush, 2001
Old 04-15-2014, 05:15 PM   #14
Expert Member

Nov 2012
Novato, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
They need to release more through the Archive program. I agree. However, that doesn't mean it is not a good business model.

I think they need to promote more that these releases will be limited to 3,000 units and that they shouldn't promote the idea of them being easily reprinted. This will cause an increase to demand from fans to purchase the releases. There are a few ways they could increase activity on the Archive Blu-ray front and making them become promoted as limited items ala Twilight Time is one way -- perhaps including numbered cards or printing numbers on the cover art would be another.
It's a good business model, but severely limited in its present form. I agree 100% that they should use limited editions like TT does (could be less than 3000 and be flexible), and promote them as such. It works extremely well for TT, so why not them?
Old 04-15-2014, 05:29 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
I agree with your sentiments 100%. The Archive program is a great way to put out certain film and television titles that will sell well using this method but that would not necessarily generate enough sales through a much wider production method.
only problem is that unless you live in The States, you can't get these unless they changed their policy lately. There are a lot of shows that I would be interested in but most places with the on-demand style won't even sell to Canada.

I am excited for this. I have the first 2 and although I haven't totally watched them, I have watched a lot of the special featues and cartoons so I am thrilled they are doing this. Looney Tunes is so much a part of my life that as I was watching my nephews drama play this weekend, they used the music from Rabbit of Seville and all I could think of was Looney Tunes. Sadly no rabbit walked out on stage.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde_devil View Post
only problem is that unless you live in The States, you can't get these unless they changed their policy lately. There are a lot of shows that I would be interested in but most places with the on-demand style won't even sell to Canada.
Sure you can. You may not be able to order direct from WBShop.com or WarnerArchive.com but you can still order then elsewhere. Amazon.com and ScreenArchives.com are two of many sites that sell the Warner Archive Blu-ray releases.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:20 AM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

Cover art:

[Show spoiler]

Episodes:

[Show spoiler]Disc 1
Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt
Corny Concerto, A
Falling Hare
Little Red Riding Rabbit
Hair-Raising Hare
Acrobatty Bunny
Big Snooze, The
Hare Grows in Manhattan, A
Easter Yeggs
Slick Hare
Gorilla My Dreams
High Diving Hare
Hillbilly Hare
Bunny Hugged
Operation: Rabbit
Bully for Bugs
Bugs and Thugs
Knighty Knight Bugs
Honey's Money
Hep Cat, The
Pigs in a Polka
Ham in a Role
Dog Gone South
Bear for Punishment, A
Steal Wool

Disc 2
Porky Pig's Feat
Scrap Happy Daffy
Plane Daffy
Stupid Cupid, The
Draftee Daffy
Nasty Quacks
Stupor Salesman, The
Wholly Smoke
Swooner Crooner
Life with Feathers
Canary Row
Tree for Two
Sandy Claws
Dog Pounded
Satan's Waitin'
Birds Anonymous
Mouse and Garden
Pied Piper of Guadalupe, The
Gruesome Twosome, A
Guided Muscle
Beep Prepared
Walky Talky Hawky
Rhapsody in Rivets
High Note
Nelly's Folly

Special Features:
Over 5 hours of insightful documentaries, additional rare shorts, featurettes, commentaries and more!

Last edited by Akijama; 04-16-2014 at 01:24 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:40 AM   #18
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Looks like a great release. I love the cover art.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:20 AM   #19

Dec 2011

"Non Golden Collection Double Dips":

Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt (only on Academy Awards set)
Honey's Money
Nasty Quacks (only on Frustrated Fowl DVD set)
Life with Feathers
Tree for Two
Sandy Claws (only on Academy Awards set)
Dog Pounded (only on Pepe Le Pu Spotlight)
Beep Prepared
Rhapsody in Rivets (only on Academy Awards set)
High Note (only on Academy Awards set)
Nelly's Folly (only on Academy Awards set)
Blu-Ray Studio Checklists:

Disney/Touchstone/Hollywood Pictures: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....tone+hollywood

Universal: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=234445

The Weinstein Company: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....52#post8644152

Last edited by Adam4Rizzel; 04-16-2014 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:18 AM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Ooh, insightful documentaries are my favorite kind!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America