COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$13.18
Inside Job (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
El Mariachi / Desperado (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Bankers of God: The Calvi Affair (Blu-ray)
$17.23
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
George Gently, Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$23.19
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
George Gently, Series 1 (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Signal (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Old 11-19-2007, 10:50 AM   #1
Power Member

Sep 2007
Chicago, IL
Send a message via AIM to DealsR4theDevil
Default Return to the House on Haunted Hill

I just bought it and watched it. One of the worst PQ I have ever seen on a Blu-ray, some upconverted DVDs look better than this. The concept of choosing what happens is kind of interesting but I dont see it taking off. If we do see more of this it will only be for horror movies.

I will say that this "choose what happens" feature is very fun when watching the movie with a group of people. It makes an otherwise bad B-movie into something entertaining.

I can't wait for WB to go exclusive so we can start getting the PQ and SQ Blu-ray is capable and deserving of.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Richmond, VA PSNetwork: MacDaddyOJack Trophy Level: 12(4%)

Curious as to where you got this from, I ordered from Warner and they still have not shipped it! I won't be expecting much when I finally get it though.

Sony KDL-46V3000 1080p LCD
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-ray player
160GB PS3 (40GB SKU)
Onkyo TX-SR805 Reciever
Polk RTi70 towers/ surrounds
SVS 20-39 PC+ Subwoofer

Old 11-19-2007, 11:32 AM   #3

Mar 2007

I picked this up from BB the week it released, but the red copy. I haven't seen PQ on blu for this one, but it should be the same. This one is no where near the "worst PQ ever" if you've seen some earlier releases from the last year. I will however, agree with the "B Movie" category! It was interesting mainly due to the ability to make choices, and that's the only reason I'll watch it again a few times.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
Power Member

Aug 2006
Long Island, NY;psn:phranctoast

Quote:
I just bought it and watched it. One of the worst PQ I have ever seen on a Blu-ray, some upconverted DVDs look better than this. The concept of choosing what happens is kind of interesting but I dont see it taking off. If we do see more of this it will only be for horror movies.

I will say that this "choose what happens" feature is very fun when watching the movie with a group of people. It makes an otherwise bad B-movie into something entertaining.

I can't wait for WB to go exclusive so we can start getting the PQ and SQ Blu-ray is capable and deserving of.
I heard the choose your own adventure aproach was also on the final destination 3 dvd. Never checked it out though.

As far as the movie. Never seen the hohh2. Only saw the first one, and that movie was not without its many problems. Namely the BS at the end. Some parts were really creepy. Camera scene with the doctors looking up at the reporter, but she could only see it thorough the lens. That shit gave me goosebumps.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #5

Nov 2007

The feature is nice but the movie is just horrible! I don't see what the big deal is with people asking about this title's availability to rent! I love bad movies in general, but this was bad-bad.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America