Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Call Me by Your Name (Blu-ray)
£7.49
8 hrs ago
Blade Runner 2049 (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Baby Driver (Blu-ray)
£6.99
17 hrs ago
The Rocketeer (Blu-ray)
£6.99

eXistenZ (Blu-ray)
£14.99

3:10 to Yuma (Blu-ray)
£14.99
1 hr ago
Black Magic 2 (Blu-ray)
£9.99

The Endless (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (Blu-ray)
£3.00

Grimm: Season Six (Blu-ray)
£10.00

My Hero Academia: Season One (Blu-ray)
£30.00

Poldark: Complete Series Three (Blu-ray)
£12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 07-30-2014, 12:37 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
UK
United Kingdom Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 7 - 15th December 2014

Pre-order is up on Amazon for the final season of TNG with release date 15th December 2014. Will make a nice Christmas present.

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season Seven - Blu-ray

Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Full Journey (Complete Seasons 1-7) - Blu-ray

Last edited by Rixx; 09-30-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
Expert Member

Jul 2014
Ireland

I've been holding out on the individual sets as I'm hoping there'll be a boxset put together once they've all been released. Hopefully with 7 coming out we'll get some sort of announcement.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

If they do I doubt it will be less than 250, I have found it much more wallet friendly spreading out my purchases over the last 3 years.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #4

Jun 2009
UK

Was hoping for this year, good stuff.
"Amonkira, Lord of Hunters, grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."
Old 07-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #5

Jun 2012

Can't wait to complete the set.

DS9 & Voyager now CBS
Old 07-30-2014, 05:18 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-FutureUK View Post
DS9 & Voyager now CBS
I am sure they will remaster them eventually but not anytime soon.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:42 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Gravity Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerbyday View Post
I've been holding out on the individual sets as I'm hoping there'll be a boxset put together once they've all been released. Hopefully with 7 coming out we'll get some sort of announcement.
I'm the same...
Old 07-30-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-FutureUK View Post
DS9 & Voyager now CBS
CBS have said there aren't any plans to do DS9 or VOY straight after TNG. From what I understand TNG hasn't been as successful as was hoped and that on Blu-ray sale alone they'll just about break even once Season 7 is released.

Perhaps once TNG has made more of its money back in syndication then we'll see DS9 and VOY.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:36 PM   #9

Nov 2012
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerbyday View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath since they never released a complete box for either TOS or Enterprise in the US. They eventually releasd a TOS boxset in the UK, but I doubt they'll do one for TNG since the price of seven remastered seasons in one box would probably drive most customers away.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
CBS have said there aren't any plans to do DS9 or VOY straight after TNG. From what I understand TNG hasn't been as successful as was hoped and that on Blu-ray sale alone they'll just about break even once Season 7 is released.

Perhaps once TNG has made more of its money back in syndication then we'll see DS9 and VOY.
A bit to soon to say it's been unsuccessful, wait until they have released the seasons 1 to 7 boxset/multipack. While they might make the UK wait a year or so for the boxset, the US/Canada will more than likely get a multipack on the same day as the Season 7 release.

Also, wasn't TNG HD part of the recent 2 year deal in the US between CBS and Netflix?
Old 07-30-2014, 06:49 PM   #11
Power Member

Mar 2009
Hadley's Hope on LV-426
Send a message via MSN to stubiedoo

Price is a total joke they'd have to at least half that for it to be reasonable.
My TV and Player now won't be updated to HDR10+ so thanks Samsung for lighting me on fire and giving me permission to be in pain.

Samsung 55" KS7000 4K HDR LED TV (2016)
Samsung UBD-K8500 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player (2016)
Sony Playstation 4 Pro
Sony Playstation 3 Super Slim
Onkyo HTX-22HDX 5.1 system inc Lossless decoding.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:51 PM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

Weren't BD sales always a nice little bonus? The long term profits are going to be in the streaming deals that they secure around these. Now that the series is future-proofed, those deals should rake in the $$$s for years to come.

I really hope that they give the remaining series the full remaster treatment, but it wouldn't overly surprise me if they went down the route of Firefly and The X-Files, ie. remaster the non-FX footage and then upscale the rest. Gutted if they do do that though.
Split like light refracted....
....across a moonlit mile
Old 07-30-2014, 09:00 PM   #13
Banned

Sep 2012

I have to say I was wowed by the HD picture quality of the first much-hyped series, but settling down to start on Season 5 last weekend I thought the PQ was totally underwhelming - soft and muddy. Honestly watching it on a 65 inch TV it looked like SD upscaled. Can't help feeling they've dropped the ball on the quality front.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Stockholm, but Sussex when back in UK
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndFluid View Post
I have to say I was wowed by the HD picture quality of the first much-hyped series, but settling down to start on Season 5 last weekend I thought the PQ was totally underwhelming - soft and muddy. Honestly watching it on a 65 inch TV it looked like SD upscaled. Can't help feeling they've dropped the ball on the quality front.
Was S5 one of those where CBS out sourced the HD restoration. I know a couple of seasons are worse than the others hence CBS slowed the release pace so all the work could be done in house. However is does now mean a few seasons will always be worse than the others.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:26 PM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

Think Season 4 was the last one to be outsourced wasn't it?

CBS-D were going to do all of the odd-numbered seasons with the even-numbered being farmed out, but they ended up doing 5-7 (along with 1 and 3) if memory serves.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:27 PM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy30 View Post
Was S5 one of those where CBS out sourced the HD restoration. I know a couple of seasons are worse than the others hence CBS slowed the release pace so all the work could be done in house. However is does now mean a few seasons will always be worse than the others.
No, Seasons 2 and 4 were out sourced to other companies, CBS did all the others.

I've yet to reach Season 5, but if it is a softer image then it's possible a different film stock was used. The Child from Season 2 quite clearly used many different kinds of film stock, resulting in some shots looking softer or grainier than others.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:50 PM   #17
Expert Member

Jul 2012
West Columbia, SC

I'd remastered DS9 and Voyager myself, for free, if I had the necessary skills, lol.

I might be able to do some compositing work, but some of the later CG stuff is beyond my skill.
Star Trek, Terminator, Alien(s), Science, Nerd, Geek. My YouTube Channel
"Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!" - Pinhead, Hellraiser: Hell Seeker
"Old, not obsolete." - Guardian, Terminator Genisys
Old 07-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #18

Jun 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubiedoo View Post
Price is a total joke they'd have to at least half that for it to be reasonable.
It's just a placeholder dude, it'll go cheaper than that.
"Amonkira, Lord of Hunters, grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."
Old 07-30-2014, 11:50 PM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

Probably end up somewhere between 45-50 I'd imagine.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubiedoo View Post
Its just a place holder price, come release it will be 40-50 just like the past 6 seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndFluid View Post
Season 5 has the most SD upscaled footage, sure you weren't watching one of those

I think we have become so used to how good it looks on BD that its easy to forget how down right horrible it looks in SD, the quality drop in the episodes with SD upscaled footage is quite jarring.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland