Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Topkapi (Blu-ray)
€12.99
7 hrs ago
Despicable Me 3 (Blu-ray)
€9.99

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade (Blu-ray)
€10.98
8 hrs ago
The Book of Henry (Blu-ray)
€5.55

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (Blu-ray)
€5.55

The Great Train Robbery (Blu-ray)
€12.99
18 hrs ago
Assassin's Creed (Blu-ray)
€9.97

The Purge III: Election Year (Blu-ray)
€5.55

The BFG (Blu-ray)
€5.55

The Big Short (Blu-ray)
€5.55

American Made (Blu-ray)
€9.99

Star Trek: Enterprise (Blu-ray)
€34.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany

Old 11-16-2014, 04:27 AM   #1
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
Germany The Official Explosive Media Thread

Swiss label Explosive Media specializes in classic westerns and gangster films. Its catalog is also distributed in Germany.

Reviewed Titles:

1. The Big Gundown Blu-ray
2. Bandolero! Blu-ray
3. Sabata Blu-ray
4. Death Rides a Horse Blu-ray
5. Monte Walsh Blu-ray
6. Prime Cut Blu-ray
7. The Revengers Blu-ray
8. Adios Sabata Blu-ray
9. The Challenge
10. The Return of Sabata
11. A Man Called Sledge

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 04-27-2016 at 03:59 AM.
Thanks given by:
Dickieduvet (11-16-2014), UseY0ur1llusi0n (02-14-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 09:49 PM   #2
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Italy

Any chance to see a review of Indio Black / Adios Sabata?
Old 04-08-2015, 10:19 PM   #3
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Hi Vakulinchuk,

Yes, actually last week we were informed that we should get screeners, but I don't know exactly when they will show up. When they arrive, we will have reviews

Pro-B
Thanks given by:
baheidstu (04-09-2015)
Old 12-10-2015, 06:20 AM   #4
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Adios Sabata Blu-ray REVIEW

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 03-05-2016 at 03:50 AM.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:54 AM   #5
Expert Member

Nov 2014

so no mediabook for Sabata part 2,3 ?
Old 12-30-2015, 07:45 AM   #6
Expert Member

Feb 2009
Serbia&Montenegro

New editions
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Gu...lu-ray/147116/
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Wo...lu-ray/147117/
Thanks given by:
Simon Lewis (12-30-2015)
Old 01-14-2016, 12:00 AM   #7
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

The Challenge Blu-ray REVIEW

Pro-B
Old 02-03-2016, 05:00 PM   #8

Feb 2011
UK

Does anyone have any information on whether the 'Blindfold' blu-ray release is likely to happen?
Old 03-04-2016, 10:02 PM   #9
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

The Return of Sabata Blu-ray REVIEW

Pro-B
Old 04-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010

Exciting news about Explosive Media's imminent release of Faccia a Faccia (Face to Face):

Quote:
Most currently available re-releases of Face to Face offered neither complete English audio for the longer international cut of the movie, nor an option to watch an integral cut of the film. Since no restored HD Material is available for the entire length of the international version, we compromised on an upscaling of some SD Material to fill the gaps, and we are thus happy to announce that the upcoming special edition BluRay release (limited to 1000 copies) will include an integral version of the movie with complete English audio and the international cut restored via upscaled and integrated SD Material. A separate BluRay will include just the US cut. The set is complete with bonus materials and a booklet with liner notes (German). The release is region-code free (as are most our releases).
http://www.explosive-media.com/von-a...-zu-angesicht/

It's a shame Explosive Media have changed their packaging style IMO - I was a fan of the fairly uniform old design. But that's just a small gripe. Very much looking forward to Garringo and this, which is surely to go quickly now.

(A side note - I notice Faccia hasn't been added to the database yet, while Garringo has)
Thanks given by:
easydreamer (04-12-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 12:11 AM   #11
Expert Member

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
Exciting news about Explosive Media's imminent release of Faccia a Faccia (Face to Face):

http://www.explosive-media.com/von-a...-zu-angesicht/

It's a shame Explosive Media have changed their packaging style IMO - I was a fan of the fairly uniform old design. But that's just a small gripe. Very much looking forward to Garringo and this, which is surely to go quickly now.

(A side note - I notice Faccia hasn't been added to the database yet, while Garringo has)
Here is the google translation of the German text, which is more detailed:

Sergio Sollima third spaghetti westerns Face to Face (Faccia a faccia / Face to face) will be published soon as a new edition in our Wild Wild West series. Originally we had (similar Garringo) an edition provided which present in 2K HD resampling (but shorter) includes US version on BluRay, and international long version on DVD, because is from this (neither us nor the in Italy, England or USA prior to the film company responsible for) a full version in HD quality sufficient. Abroad available editions also partially contain solid English soundtrack for the international version. We are pleased now to announce that the next edition will contain an integral version. The BluRay is the international long version included (also with full English sound), corresponding scenes from the SD material we highly scalable and can be integrated. This is a compromise solution (to which one has also, inter alia, decided also in Once Upon a Time in America) which of course is not ideal, but we found it worth the trouble to present this film as close as possible to the original, and without interruption.

Face to face comes as a Special Edition (limited to 1000 pieces and numbered) 2 BluRays (once the integral version, once only the US version) including bonus material and booklet.

So, basically the limited edition is a 2-disc set with both the International Cut & the US cut. Once it's gone, there will be a 1-disc edition with the US cut only.

I'm definitely in for the Limited Edition!
Old 04-25-2016, 06:49 AM   #12
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

A Man Called Sledge Blu-ray REVIEW

Old 04-25-2016, 10:23 AM   #13
Expert Member

Feb 2009

I'm looking to buy their release of Sabata, but Amazon.de only has it from third party sellers (who I would like to avoid, due to bad past experiences).

Is anyone aware of a reliable European store that has it in stock?
thanks
Old 05-10-2016, 11:37 PM   #14
Expert Member

May 2013

Got the Numbered Limited Edition of Face to Face. Got 375 (out of 1000). This is the 2 disc set with the US Version & the International (Italian) Version in separate discs.

Watched the uncut International (Italian) Version. It was indeed the hybrid of HD & upscaled SD. Even though the quality degrades quite noticeably during the SD footage, I think it's much preferable to the one on the Kino Blu-ray, where it was in SD with burnt-in English subtitles. The Explosive one, on the other hand, has the choice of 3 languages - English, Italian & German with optional English or German subtitles (English ones look like dubtitles, though). Unfortunately, the English track is in DD & does not sound great in a lot of scenes as it was partly taken from an inferior source (maybe Japanese DVD or some VHS?). The English audio is also hybrid in the International Version.

What I found unfortunate were the compression artifacts in the darker areas in the HD footage. It looks like the grains were not resolved well, and artifacted. I also spot checked the US version and the same were also exhibited there. I haven't been able to check the Kino Blu-ray last night, so I'm not sure if it also has the same issue, but I don't remember noticing it when I watched it some time ago.

The special features include, though I don't think it was listed anywhere, "Spaghetti Western Memories", the interviews with Sergio Sollima & Tomas Milian in Italian w/ English or German subtitles. I believe it was also in the older Explosive DVD of this film. Both discs are region free, playable in the Region A player.

So, in the end, I'm glad to have bought it, even though the image quality might not be optimal. Love to watch the uncut version of this film all the way through in English!
Thanks given by:
nitin (05-14-2016), Sleazeaddict (10-17-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany