Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Avatar The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$8.99

A Quiet Place 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Finest Hours (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Fury 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Army of Darkness (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Sister Act / Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit (Blu-ray)
$9.96
21 hrs ago
Pitch Perfect 3 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Night at the Museum 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$5.34

To Have and Have Not (Blu-ray)
$11.85

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 02-06-2015, 12:38 AM   #1
Special Member

Feb 2012
Australia
Australia Anyone having troubles with Amazon UK?

I put in an order mid-December that never showed up. They decided to send a replacement three weeks ago. It has not shown up.

I made another three orders about a month ago. None of them have shown up.

In all cases, the estimated delivery date has elapsed with no signs of a parcel. And UK orders usually arrive within a week. I've made Amazon US orders more recently, and they've already showed up, when US usually takes longer.

What's going on??
Old 02-06-2015, 12:56 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Send a message via AIM to deepbreathsanddeath Send a message via MSN to deepbreathsanddeath Send a message via Skype™ to deepbreathsanddeath

I've been experiencing the same with amazon UK and I'm also in Australia. A few parcels from them are taking a lot longer than usual. Haven't had any problems with amazon US, base, zavvi or eBay. Typically amazon UK shipping is the fastest too. Weird. Remaining patient for now though. I'm sure they'll turn up.
150 Blu-ray's from $3 (New stock) - Australia only
Pick up and postage available.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....3#post14199523
Old 02-06-2015, 01:02 AM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

I put in a decent size order in December with Amazon UK, which was separated into 5 shipments (7 if I include the two titles that were pre-orders), and all of them arrived, before the specified date.
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avr/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (multi-region), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One s & 360 s, Sony PS4 Pro & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony ultimate remote + hub
Old 02-06-2015, 01:22 AM   #4
Power Member

Jul 2012
In the darkest depths of Mordor

Hi, I'm in NSW, also experiencing a few delays from January. I'd guess it's something to do with the bad winter and possible courier backlog?
Other Amazon sites seem to be Okay.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:24 AM   #5
Special Member

Apr 2010
Western Australia

Same ive had a few packages go awol lately
Old 02-06-2015, 02:23 AM   #6
Power Member

Jun 2008
Perth

Just got the replacement order dispatched today for my Metropolis Steels which are mysteriously 7 days late. However my other three December orders all arrived on time.
That there is one damn fine coat you're wearing.

4K UHD - The Experts Agree, Occasionally it's a little better!

Wanted: The Deadly Spawn
Old 02-07-2015, 01:39 AM   #7

Jun 2012

A real mixed bag for me - some orders have arrived a week before the estimated date, others a week or two late. This has been going on for several months now, so nothing new.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:58 AM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

what Carrier did they use.
Nintendo Network ID/Steam ID: josuv22
Old 02-07-2015, 06:55 AM   #9
Expert Member

May 2013

I had an order of 3 discs shipped 3 weeks ago that I still haven't gotten. Very unusual as I tend to receive them within 2 weeks.

I emailed Amazon and excepted them to say wait a little while longer but they replaced them straight away. The 3 discs where shipped last night along with another order I had in place for about 8.

However, I friend of mine who had something shipped after my order 3 weeks ago received his order 1 week later.

I haven't had a really late delivery arrive from them since 2 Christmases ago when something was somewhat late but it showed up.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:58 AM   #10

Jun 2009
Australia

i have 1 waiting for sent on 25 January and Delivery estimate 5 February

my other orders with them arrived before estimate in january
Old 02-08-2015, 09:40 AM   #11
Special Member

Nov 2011
Melbourne, Australia

On January 16, I ordered Prometheus: Collector's Edition (3-Disc) from Amazon UK, chose standard shipping and was shipped the same day. The estimated delivery date was January 28, but now at Feb 8, it still hasn't arrived. What I don't get is when I ordered Doctor Who: Series 8 and chose the same shipping method, it arrived 1-2 days before expected delivery date and they used the same carrier.

I ended up getting a refund and ordered it again and chose Priority shipping. DHL says it has been processed in Melbourne, so hoperfully I'll get it tomorrow.
Throne of Elves Princess Nerwin: Beautiful, pretty, elegant, alluring, hot, radiant, enchanting, stunning, attractive and very, very sexy!!

Frozen's Elsa: Attractive, alluring and sexy with the loveliest hips.

Barbie in CGI: An Exquisite Beauty
Old 02-09-2015, 04:20 AM   #12
Special Member

Feb 2012
Australia

Well speak of the devil, my Amazon UK order from the 17th of December just arrived.

Hope more of my shipments show up this week.

I actually just spoke to mum & dad -- they ordered a Downton Abbey BD from Amazon UK at the beginning of January, and it just arrived last week. This is very strange indeed.
Thanks given by:
Mobe1969 (02-09-2015)
Old 02-09-2015, 05:43 AM   #13
Power Member

May 2010
Australia

I had a package from Amazon.de that was sent on 24th Dec, and arrived today.

Sent via DHL Economy (they didn't offer me any other service).
Old 02-09-2015, 10:05 AM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

Re amazon.de, I made 4 orders with them recently. The first took 8 weeks to arrive, the other 3 took 1.5 weeks. Same shipping option, go figure
Old 02-09-2015, 06:25 PM   #15
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Blue Mountains NSW

I've got a few parcels from Amazon UK on the way at the moment, one was meant to arrive last week, I live chatted with them and they offered to resend it straight away and gave me 5 pounds off my next purchase.....I wonder if they know something is up with the courier.....I hope my other parcel turns up as it has the new limited edition Arrow version of Thief with the slip cover which I believe is now sold out
Old 02-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #16
Expert Member

Jan 2011
South Carolina

I'm in the US, and have never had problems with Amazon UK til recently. I ordered a BD in December (the 26th I believe), and the anticipated delivery to the US was January 18th. I contact Amazon Uk and they immediately put in a new order which is supposed to be here by this Wednesday. We'll see.

The will be the 2nd order in a row that has had to be re-ordered. Before that, I'd ordered 25-30 items over the past 2 years without issue. Not sure what's up.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:18 PM   #17
Special Member

Jan 2013
Sydney, Australia

I had a BR sent via express back in Nov 17 turn up last Friday lol
Happened to be near my local post office and the owner said he had a package for me. Mystery to me. As far as I can tell, it arrived on shore within regular time and the courier must've dropped it at the post office and I'll assume didn't leave a card at my place. So the past few months I'd turn up with collection cards for other items and my post office guy would simply focus on those tracking codes and not bother looking through the rest of the pile.

Also had another item arrive on time but the barcode wouldn't scan for the postie so from ammy uk page it looks like it's still in transit. Wonder if some parcels get stuck abroad because of this...

A few items of late have been held up with weather and other logistic factors. An item missed a plane in Germany pushing express delivery out to 8 days.

Mostly (90% +) working like clockwork though.
"This machine kills Fascists."
Old 02-09-2015, 11:21 PM   #18

Jun 2012

Don't forget that if you log in to your account and look at your recent orders, you can leave 'packaging/delivery feedback'. The more people complain about service to Aus, the more likely they are to do something about it (or at least not quibble when you ask for a re-send).
Old 02-10-2015, 01:36 AM   #19
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

just checked my last order, was supposed to be here 5th Feb so not hugely overdue but usually they come from Amazon UK well before the expected delivery date.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:02 AM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by atfree View Post
I'm in the US, and have never had problems with Amazon UK til recently. I ordered a BD in December (the 26th I believe), and the anticipated delivery to the US was January 18th. I contact Amazon Uk and they immediately put in a new order which is supposed to be here by this Wednesday. We'll see.

The will be the 2nd order in a row that has had to be re-ordered. Before that, I'd ordered 25-30 items over the past 2 years without issue. Not sure what's up.
You ordered your item(s) during the Christmas Season, the most busiest time of the year for lost packages, and mail theft. Anything could've happened.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia