Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Westworld: Season One 4K (Blu-ray)
€29.99
Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
€22.99
The Space Between Us (Blu-ray)
€5.55
Shocker (Blu-ray)
€7.19
It 4K (Blu-ray)
€24.99
Black Panther 3D (Blu-ray)
€30.99
Blade Runner 2049 4K (Blu-ray)
€26.99
It (Blu-ray)
€12.99
What Happened to Monday? (Blu-ray)
€12.99
I Am Legend (Blu-ray)
€5.89
American Assassin (Blu-ray)
€12.99
Spider-Man: Homecoming 4K (Blu-ray)
€20.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany

Old 04-01-2015, 04:17 PM   #1

Aug 2014
Germany Anolis Entertainment Hammer Films Releases

So I checked around the rules to see if it would be OK to open a thread on our own products, being an employee of Anolis Entertainment, but couldn’t find anything that spoke against, so I thought I open this thread as

a) two more titles coming up in April and May respectively

b) writing new info in either the CURSE OF THE WERWEOLF thread or by opening new a new thread for each new title will either be confusing and/or cluttering the board.

This way anything in regard to our Hammer Blu-ray releases is now “under one roof”.

I’ll start by posting the info on our existing releases and then continue with all the new titles. Feel free to ask any questions you like.

1) Quatermass and the Pit

Packaging: Mediabook +Standard Blu-ray Box

Catalogue-No Mediabook: 37003
Catalogue-No Softbox: 37004

EAN-Code Mediabook: 404 1036 37003 9
EAN-Code Softbox: 404 1036 37004 6

Aspect Ratio: 1,66:1 (16:9) 1920x1080p
Sound: DTS HD Master Audio German 2.0 Mono/Englisch 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles: German

Bonus: Audiocommentary with Roy Ward Baker und Nigel Kneale / Audiocommentary with Dr. Rolf Giesen (german only), Trailer (German/English) / TV-Spot / Interviews with Julian Glover, Joe Dante, Mark Gatiss, Judith Kerr, Kim Newman and Marcus Hearn / Super-8-Version / Film program / still gallery

28-page booklet written by Dr. Rolf Giesen and Uwe Sommerlad (german only). Exklusively included in the Mediabook.

Street Date: 20. December 2013
Old 04-01-2015, 04:27 PM   #2

Aug 2014

2) Twins of Evil

Catalogue-No Mediabook Cover A: 37005
Catalogue-No Mediabook Cover B: 37009
Catalogue-No Softbox: 37006

EAN-Code Mediabook Cover A: 404 1036 37005 3
EAN-Code Mediabook Cover A: 404 1036 37009 1
EAN-Code Softbox: 404 1036 37006 0

Sound: DTS HD Master Audio German 2.0 Mono/Englisch 2.0 Mono

Bonus: Audiocommentary with Dr. Rolf Giesen & Uwe Sommerlad (german only) / Exclusive Interview with Director John Hough (conducted by Marcus Hearn) / Documentary “The Flesh And The Fury – Exposing Twins Of Evil“ / Interview with Damien Thomas / Missing Scenes / Super-8-Version / Trailer (German/English) / Double Feature Trailer / TV-Spots / Film program / still gallery

28-page booklet written by Dr. Rolf Giesen, Uwe Sommerlad and Uwe Huber / Guiskard Oberparleiter (german only). Exklusively included in the Mediabook.

Street Date: 07. March 2014
Old 04-01-2015, 04:46 PM   #3

Aug 2014

3) The Mummy’s Shroud

Catalogue-No Mediabook Cover: 37007
Catalogue-No Softbox: 37008

EAN-Code Mediabook Cover A: 404 1036 37007 7
EAN-Code Softbox: 404 1036 37008 4

Bonus: Audiocommentary with Dr. Rolf Giesen & Volker Kronz (german only) / The Beat Goes On: The Making of „The Mummy‘s Shroud“ / Remembering David Buck / Interview mit Eddie Powell, conducted by Stephen Laws (Manchester 1998) / Trailer / US TV-Spots / Press Kit / UK advertising flyer / Comic / still gallery

32-page booklet written by Dr. Rolf Giesen, Uwe Sommerlad and Uwe Huber (german only). Exklusively included in the Mediabook.

Street Date: 30. May 2014
Old 04-01-2015, 04:51 PM   #4

Aug 2014

4) Curse of the Werewolf

Catalogue-No Mediabook Cover A: 37012
Catalogue-No Mediabook Cover B: 37013
Catalogue-No Softbox: 37014

EAN-Code Mediabook Cover A: 404 1036 37012 1
EAN-Code Mediabook Cover A: 404 1036 37013 8
EAN-Code Softbox: 404 1036 37014 5

Aspect Ratio: 1,85:1 (16:9) 1920x1080p

Bonus: Audiocommentary by Dr. Rolf Giesen and Volker Lange (German language, no subs) / Making Of „The Curse of the Werewolf“ / Lycanthropy Featurette / The Props that Hammer built: The Kinsey Collection - Featurette / German Theatrical Trailer / English Theatrical Trailer / Press Kit / Comic / German Title- und Endcreditsequenz / extensive Picturegallery

36-page booklet written by Dr. Rolf Giesen, Uwe Sommerlad and Uwe Huber / Guiskard Oberparleiter (german only). Exklusively included in the Mediabook.

Street Date: 29. August 2014
Old 04-01-2015, 04:58 PM   #5
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009

Thanks Ivo. I had an Anolis question, but not Hammer-related. In the Anolis 50's sci-fi thread *, you mentioned that additional Universal titles were 'very likely' in the third or fourth quarter of 2015. Is that still a probability/possibility?

* Would it be easier/more comprehensive to have one single thread devoted to all Anolis releases - Hammer and Universal sci-fi?
Old 04-01-2015, 05:01 PM   #6

Aug 2014

5) Hands of the Ripper

Catalogue-No Mediabook Cover A: 37022
Catalogue-No Mediabook Cover B: 37023
Catalogue-No Softbox: 37024

EAN-Code Mediabook Cover A: 404 1036 37022 0
EAN-Code Mediabook Cover A: 404 1036 37023 7
EAN-Code Softbox: 404 1036 37024 4

Bonus: Audiocommentary by Dr. Rolf Giesen (German language, no subs) / Audiocommentary by lead actress Angharad Rees, Stephen Jones and Kim Newman / Documentary „The Devils Bloody Playground“ / Exklusive Interview with Peter Sasdy (conducted by Marcus Hearn) / ABC TV Replacement / GB and US Trailer / 3 US TV Spots / German advertising flyer / press kit / Rank PR Sheet / picture gallery

24-page booklet written by Dr. Rolf Giesen and Uwe Sommerlad (german only). Exklusively included in the Mediabook.

Street Date: 31. Oktober 2014
Old 04-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #7

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Thanks Ivo. I had an Anolis question, but not Hammer-related. In the Anolis 50's sci-fi thread *, you mentioned that additional Universal titles were 'very likely' in the third or fourth quarter of 2015. Is that still a probability/possibility?
The Blu-rays are definetly still possible. Only the time frame has changed. As you might know the first titles were first released on DVD inside a collection called "Gallery of Terror". We released two so far and are now working on number 3. But we are not clear yet, what our take on the Blu-ray situation will be as those collections were so far DVD only (as for most titles no HD material is available.

So the moment we have decided how the third "Gallery of Terror" will "look" like I can give an update in this department

Quote:
* Would it be easier/more comprehensive to have one single thread devoted to all Anolis releases - Hammer and Universal sci-fi?
As the Hammer Blu-rays will be an extensive series (way over 20 titles are planned) I consider it best to keep this a separate thread.

Last edited by Ivo Scheloske; 04-06-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Thanks given by:
NoirFan (04-01-2015)
Old 04-01-2015, 05:30 PM   #8
Special Member

Jan 2013
UK

Good news on Quatermass and the Pit, one of my favourite Hammer movies... alongside The Devil Rides Out and Curse of the Werewolf

Being UK based, I ended up importing Curse of the Werewolf (Amaray version)... well, I actually missed it on release but was lucky enough (recently) to win a couple of sealed copies on Ebay.de

Now this thread exists, I'll be checking back for news and pre-ordering properly next time!
Old 04-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #9
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009

Ivo, have you considered included English subtitles on future commentaries?
Old 04-01-2015, 06:04 PM   #10

May 2011

Excellent news! Really hope one of the planned 20 is The Gorgon.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:13 PM   #11

Aug 2014

6) Countess Dracula

Catalogue-No Mediabook Cover: 37025
Catalogue-No Softbox: 37026

EAN-Code Mediabook Cover A: 404 1036 37025 1
EAN-Code Softbox: 404 1036 37026 8

Bonus: Audiocommentary with Dr. Rolf Giesen (German only) / Audiocommentary with Ingrid Pitt , Stephen Jones and Kim Newman / Exklusive Interview with Peter Sasdy (conducted by Marcus Hearn) not identical with the interview on HANDS OF THE RIPPER/ Interview with Ingrid Pitt (1994) / Trailer / German Titlesequence / German advertising flyer / US Pressbook / Hammer Christmas Folder / Rank Folder / still gallery

24-page booklet written by Dr. Rolf Giesen and Uwe Sommerlad (german only). Exklusively included in the Mediabook.

Street Date: 17. Dezember 2014
Old 04-01-2015, 06:18 PM   #12

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_1999 View Post
Being UK based, I ended up importing Curse of the Werewolf (Amaray version)... well, I actually missed it on release but was lucky enough (recently) to win a couple of sealed copies on Ebay.de
Funny thing is, the title is still available from most dealers for the regular price. Check here for example: http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?products_id=56126

It is basically Amazon where it only available through marketplace dealers.

Quote:
Ivo, have you considered included English subtitles on future commentaries?
Not only that, but for a couple of the next titles we actually recorded the commentary track twice - in German and English. And no, this is not an April Fools Day joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristar98 View Post
Excellent news! Really hope one of the planned 20 is The Gorgon.
So do we
Thanks given by:
cakefactory (04-01-2015), derek_1999 (04-01-2015), NoirFan (04-01-2015), Ristar98 (04-01-2015)
Old 04-01-2015, 06:33 PM   #13

Oct 2012

Hello - nice to have you here! I'm a big Hammer fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo Scheloske View Post
Funny thing is, the title is still available from most dealers for the regular price. Check here for example: http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?products_id=56126. It is basically Amazon where it only available through marketplace dealers
I can speak for myself, but I think it's not strange at all that Amazon.de is sold out, but other smaller German online stores are not. The reason is perhaps because Amazon.de is English friendly. The layout and ordering process is exactly the same as US/Canadian/UK versions, so it's not very hard for someone from these countries to go through the site to order what they want. Plus, all the credit card and shipping info is shared between the various Amazon sites worldwide and Amazon is as legit as it gets, so it makes the transaction as smooth as possible. I'm glad you have posted a link to another German online store that does international shipping AND has prices cheaper than Amazon. I will certainly consider using them. When you don't live in Germany and don't speak German, it's kind of difficult / scary to find online sites that you'll be able to trust / navigate. Amazon.de is the easiest place to go to for many of us I think, and for that reason I'm not surprised that the popular US/UK titles that don't have proper English releases, are sold out.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:57 PM   #14
Special Member

Jan 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo Scheloske View Post
Funny thing is, the title is still available from most dealers for the regular price. Check here for example: http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?products_id=56126

It is basically Amazon where it only available through marketplace dealers.
Ivo - great, thanks for the link

I ended up with X2 copies for 30 Euros, so it wasn't too painful

But now I have another link that's not Amazon! Always useful! Cheers.
Thanks given by:
Ivo Scheloske (04-01-2015)
Old 04-01-2015, 10:11 PM   #15
Banned

Feb 2015

Will The Devil Rides Out include the original FX? That will be the main selling point of that title.

Unfortunately I already have the 4 ITV titles , 11 of the Studio Canal titles and Curse of the Werewolf so I'm really hoping this thread will mention a title I don't already have.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:59 AM   #16

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartalex View Post
Will The Devil Rides Out include the original FX? That will be the main selling point of that title.
Have they announced the Devil Rides Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartalex View Post
Unfortunately I already have the 4 ITV titles , 11 of the Studio Canal titles and Curse of the Werewolf so I'm really hoping this thread will mention a title I don't already have.
Well, there is a Hammer Blu-ray thread over at the UK forums on this site that has a link to this thread, and the poster claims that Anolis will be releasing "more than 20" Hammer Blu-rays...so if that's true, they will definitely be releasing some you don't have.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:06 AM   #17
Special Member

Dec 2011

This is great news. I have the Curse Of The Werewolf mediabook version Anolis released last year and consider it one of the better Hammer releases on Blu-ray in *any* country.

I may be presumptuous, but I assume you (Anolis) will have access to the rest of the Universal (US) distributed Hammer films from the early 60's including "Brides Of Dracula." You may be aware the UK BD release suffered from what appears to be a inferior print and incorrect framing compared to the older US DVD release.... Will Anolis be using a different, better quality source/print and hopefully correcting the framing issue on the new BD if Brides is on the slate for release?
Old 04-02-2015, 10:34 AM   #18
Special Member

Jun 2011
Yorkshire

Ivo, are you taking requests?

I'd certainly like Lust for a Vampire (the first and third parts of that trilogy are already out and it'd be nice to complete it), and The Nanny.

Steve W
Old 04-02-2015, 11:39 AM   #19

Aug 2014

Without going too much into detail (I had to find out the hard way this leads usually to a lot of dismay if stuff doesn’t go as originally announced – and this can happen a lot) I can tell you that if everything goes as planned we will go way over 20 titles. And yes, for the time being we have planned in most of the Universal titles and of course THE DEVIL RIDES OUT.

BUT: as a couple of those prove to be a challenge because the master is not what the fans expect (wrong aspect ratio, wrong version etc.) we are pushing those titles back a bit in order to release the easier ones first and to build a little financial “nest egg” so that we can take on those challenges.

So, of course requests are welcome, but I won’t be able to confirm most of them up until shortly before the release.
Thanks given by:
Pecker (04-06-2015)
Old 04-02-2015, 10:51 PM   #20
Banned

Feb 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaenos View Post
Have they announced the Devil Rides Out?

Well, there is a Hammer Blu-ray thread over at the UK forums on this site that has a link to this thread, and the poster claims that Anolis will be releasing "more than 20" Hammer Blu-rays...so if that's true, they will definitely be releasing some you don't have.
Possibly not.
I have the 4 owned by ITV.
11 from the SC Oz boxset , + Curse of the Werewolf, Brides of Dracula , Evil of Frankenstein , Vampire Lovers, Hound of the Baskervilles which makes 20.
Not sure if I remembered all of them.
I'm expecting them to announce TDRO simply because there is an HD master available and if they have 20 Hammer films there's no way that won't include movies from Studio Canal , of which TDRO is one.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany