Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Madden NFL 10 (PS3)
$9.55
Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3)
$13.93
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$9.98
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$13.99
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$7.99
Grand Theft Auto IV & Episodes from Liberty City (PS3)
$14.99
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.00
Rogue Warrior (PS3)
$27.89
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.06
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 03-20-2016, 11:57 PM   #1

Oct 2015
Default Choppy VUDU playback?

Not sure if this is right forum so please move if need be. But I've noticed recently on my PS3, my VUDU app is not playing movies properly. Every couple of minutes, some white static will show up at the bottom of the screen. Some times, it will black out the movie for a second then come back. Sometimes, I'll lose the sound for a second before it comes back.

What's even weirder is that, this problem isn't affecting my gameplay or blu-ray discs. I can watch an entire movie via blu no problem and play games without a hitch. I tried reinstalling the app and nothing and switched around my HDMI cables but nothing.

Any ideas what's going on?
Old 03-21-2016, 12:17 AM   #2
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2008
Virginia

are you streaming wired or wirelessly? do you have Netflix and if so, are there issues with it? is there anyway for you to test your ISP speed in relation to what it should be and what it actually is? also, do the test the same way you have the PS3 accessing it, i.e. Wi-Fi or wired.

there is also a network connection test in the vudu app on the ps3 app if I'm not mistaken. also, try to test it (the speed) from a pc and a smartphone or tablet.
55" Sony SXRD & TCL 55P605 4K
PS3 Slim x2 & XBOX 360 Elite, iPhone6+ 128gb
iPad4 64gb, AppleTV-hdmi x2, NAS-4tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93 players
Marantz AV7702MKII Pre/Pro; NR-1607 receiver; Audioquest XLR & RCA interconnects, iFi iDSD DAC & iUSB, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3! Emotiva XSP-1, XPA-5, UPA-2, UPA-200/700, & mini-x Amp, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12, Pro-Ject Debut 3 TT, Polk Audio SDA-2 & Monitor 10A/5A Peerless Tweeters
ATMOS/DTS:X 7.1.4/5.1.2 NYGIANTS!
Old 03-21-2016, 01:43 AM   #3

Oct 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
are you streaming wired or wirelessly? do you have Netflix and if so, are there issues with it? is there anyway for you to test your ISP speed in relation to what it should be and what it actually is? also, do the test the same way you have the PS3 accessing it, i.e. Wi-Fi or wired.

there is also a network connection test in the vudu app on the ps3 app if I'm not mistaken. also, try to test it (the speed) from a pc and a smartphone or tablet.
I'm streaming wirelessly but, the PS3 is literally right above my router (my PS3 is on my desk, router is below my desk). I did the network connection test in the VUDU app and everything was fine, said I could stream 1080p. I don't have Netflix but I'm playing a movie on Amazon Video now to test and it's working fine so far.

Edit: actually nope. Amazon Video is doing the same thing now.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:59 AM   #4
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochore View Post
I'm streaming wirelessly but, the PS3 is literally right above my router (my PS3 is on my desk, router is below my desk). I did the network connection test in the VUDU app and everything was fine, said I could stream 1080p. I don't have Netflix but I'm playing a movie on Amazon Video now to test and it's working fine so far.

Edit: actually nope. Amazon Video is doing the same thing now.
sounds like it's either a wifi issue or a ps3 issue. if your ps3 is that close to your router, can you run Ethernet to the ps3 (nothings better than wired; everything in my place is wired except iOS devices and a rarely used laptop.) also, run a cat6 as the ps3 Ethernet is gigabit and if you have a modern router, it will have gigabit Ethernet ports on the back of it. keep us posted. also, another thing to consider, some ISP throttle you down speed wise when you go over your "cap" if the wired doesn't help you might want to ask them what your cap is and if you have gone over it.

good luck and keep us posted.
55" Sony SXRD & TCL 55P605 4K
PS3 Slim x2 & XBOX 360 Elite, iPhone6+ 128gb
iPad4 64gb, AppleTV-hdmi x2, NAS-4tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93 players
Marantz AV7702MKII Pre/Pro; NR-1607 receiver; Audioquest XLR & RCA interconnects, iFi iDSD DAC & iUSB, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3! Emotiva XSP-1, XPA-5, UPA-2, UPA-200/700, & mini-x Amp, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12, Pro-Ject Debut 3 TT, Polk Audio SDA-2 & Monitor 10A/5A Peerless Tweeters
ATMOS/DTS:X 7.1.4/5.1.2 NYGIANTS!
Old 03-22-2016, 12:07 AM   #5

Oct 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
sounds like it's either a wifi issue or a ps3 issue. if your ps3 is that close to your router, can you run Ethernet to the ps3 (nothings better than wired; everything in my place is wired except iOS devices and a rarely used laptop.) also, run a cat6 as the ps3 Ethernet is gigabit and if you have a modern router, it will have gigabit Ethernet ports on the back of it. keep us posted. also, another thing to consider, some ISP throttle you down speed wise when you go over your "cap" if the wired doesn't help you might want to ask them what your cap is and if you have gone over it.

good luck and keep us posted.
Ok so, I replaced one HDMI cable with a new one and 15 mins into an ep on VUDU and nothing has happened. So I assumed it's been fixed?

And if all else fail, I can always try the ethernet cable or just use my Chromecast for all my VUDU needs
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3