Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
It (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Geostorm (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Night of the Living Dead (Blu-ray)
$18.31
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.90
NFL Super Bowl 52 Champions (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Boss Baby 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Post (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Batman: Gotham by Gaslight (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Peter Capaldi Years (Blu-ray)
$79.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 05-09-2016, 06:54 AM   #1
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
Default The Official Redemption Films Thread

All Redemption titles are distributed by Kino Video.

The Redemption Catalog

The Jezebel Label

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 09-23-2016 at 09:50 AM.
Thanks given by:
coldheart (05-10-2016), frakking toaster (05-10-2016), Russhole (05-10-2016), s7e (09-30-2016), Singed Minge (10-12-2016), ZeTi (05-09-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 06:55 AM   #2
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
The Redemption label has confirmed that it will release on Blu-ray cult Spanish director Jess Franco's film Dracula's Daughter a.k.a. La fille de Dracula (1972), starring Britt Nichols, Howard Vernon, Anne Libert, Alberto Dalbés, and Daniel White. The release is expected to arrive on the U.S. market later this summer.

SynopsisL A series of murders take place in a remote European village which the locals believe to be the work of vampires and which the police dismiss as nonsense. The murders coincide with the arrival of the beautiful Luisa Karlstein (Britt Nichols) who has been summoned by the imminent death of her mother, Baroness Karlstein, who tells her daughter the family secret, that they are all vampires!

Loosely based on the classic Sheridan le Fenu short story Carmilla, Franco's tale of lesbianism and vampirism is, it must be said, a disjointed and hotch-potch affair filmed almost back-toback with the The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein. Yet, despite its flaws, it maintains enough of Franco's classic languid and dreamlike otherworldliness to include it among Franco's classic titles.
Pro-B
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (05-19-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 06:56 AM   #3
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
The Redemption label has announced that it will release on Blu-ray Juan Fortuny's film Crimson: The Color of Terror a.k.a. The Man with the Severed Head (1973), starring Paul Naschy, Silvia Solar, Olivier Mathot, and Claude Boisson. The release will be available for purchase on June 14.

Synopsis: Eurocult icon Paul Naschy (Frankenstein's Bloody Terror) stars as a criminal gang leader who undergoes a radical surgery in Juan Fortuny s 1973 thriller Crimson. When a jewel heist goes awry, Jack Surnett (Naschy) and his fellow thieves take shelter at the home of a scientist experimenting in brain replacement. Through the surgical finesse of the doctor s wife (Silvia Solar), Surnett is restored to health, but suffers irresistible pangs of bloodlust and conventional lust as well after the brain of a criminal known as The Sadist (Roberto Mauri) is grafted onto his own.

This Redemption edition includes both the U.S. release version (English dubbed) as well as the extended international version (French with optional English subtitles), which features additional (sexually provocative) footage.

Special Features:

Newly Mastered in high-definition from the original 35mm film elements
Standard 89-minute version and the complete, more sexually explicit 98-minute version
Audio commentary by horror film historian Richard Harland Smith
Pro-B
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (05-19-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 06:58 AM   #4
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
The Redemption label has confirmed that it will bring to Blu-ray Japanese director Sade Satô's film Mai-chan's Daily Life, starring Miyako Akane, An Koshi, and Shôgo Maruyama. The release will arrive on the market in August.

The film is based on the graphic Japanese manga of the same name. According to the Redemption label, it will be the goriest title in its catalog.

The manga: Mai-chan's Daily Life is an ero guro tankōbon manga released in Japan consisting of 11 chapters and an omake, written and illustrated by Waita Uziga. It was published by Sanwa Shuppan on April 21, 2004, and serialized in Ayla Deluxe magazine.
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (05-19-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 12:10 PM   #5
Power Member

Jul 2009
Austria

Nice, thanks B. I love Redemption.

Really hope for an "Devils Nightmare" Blu-Ray soon.

My Music Collection • "The life of a Repo Man is always intense."
Thanks given by:
easydreamer (05-10-2016), pro-bassoonist (05-09-2016), Russhole (05-10-2016), Undeadcow (05-19-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 12:29 AM   #6
Expert Member

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeTi View Post
Nice, thanks B. I love Redemption.

Really hope for an "Devils Nightmare" Blu-Ray soon.

Yes, I second this! However, I seem to remember reading that there was a rights issue preventing Redemption to release this one.

...I guess this is the one.

http://thelatarniaforums.yuku.com/to...GHTMAREBlu-Ray

Also, I may be a minority here, but would like this one upgraded to blu, too! This & Devil's Nightmare are the Redemption DVDs I still own & are not upgraded to blu.

Thanks given by:
Russhole (05-10-2016), Undeadcow (05-19-2016), ZeTi (05-10-2016)
Old 05-12-2016, 01:02 PM   #7
Power Member

Jul 2009
Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by easydreamer View Post
Yes, I second this! However, I seem to remember reading that there was a rights issue preventing Redemption to release this one.

...I guess this is the one.

http://thelatarniaforums.yuku.com/to...GHTMAREBlu-Ray

Too bad There was a wide-screen print in the dark side magazine a while ago ... guess i have to seek out the redemption dvd then. I can never understand why right-holders want excessive amounts of money for some ultra-obscure vampire flick which only will sell a few hundred copies.
My Music Collection • "The life of a Repo Man is always intense."
Old 05-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #8

Jul 2007

Hi pro-b, I noticed that you have Nude For Satan on the catalog list. Was this ever released though? I remember having this in my amazon cart but then it became unavailable with no date of release coming. Would you know if this is still in the works?
Old 05-19-2016, 07:53 AM   #9
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Yagbols,

They pulled it from the schedule. No updates at the moment.
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (05-19-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 05:40 AM   #10
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

For Men Only / School for Sex Blu-ray REVIEW

Pro-B
Thanks given by:
Se.Vero (06-14-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 11:03 AM   #11

Jul 2012

Which Redemption releases are region locked?

Several don't have region codes on them but are region locked.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:11 AM   #12

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Will this include both the 55 & 63min (Director's Cut) versions?
Old 05-24-2016, 12:11 PM   #13
Special Member

May 2011
The Black Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
Which Redemption releases are region locked?

Several don't have region codes on them but are region locked.
All the Pete Walker titles are region locked. Also: The Blood Beast Terror, Burke & Hare, The Demons, The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein and Hatchet for the Honeymoon are all A locked. I don't own them (as I have the BFI boxset) but I'd assume the Robbe-Grillet titles will be locked too.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:12 AM   #14
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

The Mistresses of Dr. Jekyll Blu-ray

NEWS
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19199

Quote:
The Redemption label has confirmed that it will release on Blu-ray cult Spanish director Jess Franco's film The Mistresses of Dr. Jekyll a.k.a. Dr. Orloff's Monster (1964), starring Hugo Blanco, Agnès Spaak, Perla Cristal, Marcelo Arroita-Jáuregui, and Pepe Rubio. The release is expected to arrive on the market later this year.

Synopsis: Melissa, an attractive Austrian college student, travels to Holfen to spend the Christmas holidays at the castle of her uncle, Dr. Conrad Fisherman, but the mood she encounters there is hardly festive. Her uncle's behavior is cold and furtive, and her Aunt Ingrid is perpetually drunk, trying to forget the night so many years ago when Conrad caught her making love with his brother Andros and murdered him. Melissa's chance discovery of a photograph of her late father, whom she never knew, awakens her curiosity about the past, just as Dr. Fisherman, a disciple of the mad Dr. Orloff, awakens the corpse of Andros as a human automaton with a high-frequency command to kill...!

Specs and Special Features:

Newly remastered in 2K
Audio commentary by Tim Lucas
And More...
Pro-B
Thanks given by:
easydreamer (06-08-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 04:48 AM   #15
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

The Redemption Label to Release The Orchard End Murder

Quote:
The Redemption Label will bring to Blu-ray dierctor Christian Marnham's film The Orchard End Murder (1980), starring Raymond Adamson, Cyril Cross, and Jessie Evans. The release is expected to arrive on the market later this year.

The upcoming release will be sourced from a brand new master created by the British Film Institute, which also plans to release the film on Blu-ray in the United Kingdom.

Pro-B
Old 07-20-2016, 04:19 AM   #16
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Redemption: Jess Franco's Dracula's Daughter Blu-ray Release Detailed

NEWS
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19454

Quote:
The Redemption label has detailed its upcoming Blu-ray release of cult Spanish director Jess Franco's film Dracula's Daughter a.k.a. La fille de Dracula (1972), starring Britt Nichols, Howard Vernon, Anne Libert, Alberto Dalbés, and Daniel White. The release will be available for purhcase on October 4.

Synopsis: A series of murders take place in a remote European village which the locals believe to be the work of vampires and which the police dismiss as nonsense. The murders coincide with the arrival of the beautiful Luisa Karlstein (Britt Nichols) who has been summoned by the imminent death of her mother, Baroness Karlstein, who tells her daughter the family secret, that they are all vampires!

Loosely based on the classic Sheridan le Fenu short story Carmilla, Franco's tale of lesbianism and vampirism is, it must be said, a disjointed and hotch-potch affair filmed almost back-to-back with the The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein. Yet, despite its flaws, it maintains enough of Franco's classic languid and dreamlike otherworldliness to include it among Franco's classic titles.

Special Features:

NEW Audio commentary by film historian Tim Lucas
Alternate safe footage (less sexually explicit)
Original Theatrical trailer

Pro-B
Thanks given by:
junyab (07-21-2016), KFelon (07-21-2016), Russhole (07-20-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #17
Special Member

Nov 2015

Does Redemption have the rights to release Bloody New Year (1981)?
Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Sommarens tolv månader (1988), Dead of Night (1945), Tag: The Assassination Game (1982), Thunder in Paradise TV (1994), Murder Rock (1984), Mirage (1990), Cruel Jaws (1995), The Midnight Hour (1985), Blood Frenzy (1987), Hard Ticket to Hawaii (1987), Cheerleader Camp (1988), Island of Blood (1982), The Shuttered Room (1967)
Thanks given by:
redrunner97 (07-21-2016)
Old 07-21-2016, 12:34 AM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
North Carolina, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsend View Post
Does Redemption have the rights to release Bloody New Year (1981)?
I was wondering this just the other day. I'd love if it got released by New Year's '17.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:49 AM   #19
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
The Jezebel label will release on 3D/2D Blu-ray director Al Silliman Jr.'s film The Stewardesses (1969), starring Christina Hart, Ronald Smith, William Condos, Anita de Moulin, Paula Erikson, Kathy Ferrick, Beth Shields and Janet Wass. The release will be available for purchase this December.

Synopsis: Its 1969 and the skies have never been friendlier. Experience a day in the life of a group of swinging stewardesses where anything goes. After The Stewardesses film opened in San Francisco in the summer of 1969, it ignited screens across the country, building a buzz that the Hollywood majors would die for. During the film s run into the early 1970s, new scenes would be filmed and added to bring more story and action to the feature. This 2-dvd set presents the full, uncut film in the original 3D color and black-and-white restored editions as well as a color 2D version. So put your tray table down, make sure your seat is in the reclined, relaxed position and enjoy the trip.

Pro-B
Thanks given by:
FatalSpiderbite (09-23-2016), Jobla (09-23-2016), Undeadcow (09-23-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 01:49 PM   #20

Apr 2013
Birmingham, AL

^Hell yeah!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors