Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Black Sabbath (AIP Cut) $10.73 (29% claimed)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Annabelle: Creation (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Blade Runner 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 10-20-2016, 09:44 PM   #1

May 2016
Default KEF Q200C vs Polk CS10

I have the KEF Q200 as a center speaker for my Yamaha 1020.

Was just doing a bit of browsing on the internet and I noticed people raving on about the Polk CS10, the clarity and value for money (you can get one for approx $99 vs $399 for the KEF).

One of the positive features people highlighted was the cinema like dialogue - while I don't generally have any issues with the clarity of my KEF, I sometimes do get the feel of a "boxy" dialogue as opposed to a natural cinema like sound. It's not an issue with the placement of the sound but just the perception.

I have tried all ypao settings and 'through' sounds best both in terms of clarity and punchiness. Though still suffers from "box speech"

Anyone have experience of both speakers? Which one sounds more cinema like? Thanks
Old 04-07-2017, 10:59 PM   #2

Feb 2009
Magnolia, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothefuture View Post
I have the KEF Q200 as a center speaker for my Yamaha 1020.

Was just doing a bit of browsing on the internet and I noticed people raving on about the Polk CS10, the clarity and value for money (you can get one for approx $99 vs $399 for the KEF).

One of the positive features people highlighted was the cinema like dialogue - while I don't generally have any issues with the clarity of my KEF, I sometimes do get the feel of a "boxy" dialogue as opposed to a natural cinema like sound. It's not an issue with the placement of the sound but just the perception.

I have tried all ypao settings and 'through' sounds best both in terms of clarity and punchiness. Though still suffers from "box speech"

Anyone have experience of both speakers? Which one sounds more cinema like? Thanks
I have the KEF Q600 center, Q300's L/R mains & the Yammie 3010. No complaints here, dialogue is spot on without missing a beat. You don't mention your L/R mains or how it's set up.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #3

Sep 2015
Glenview IL, Chicago Suburb

I have a CS10 on my bar set-up. It's kind of a "smaller" speaker. It can be outclassed by your mains. If your mains are too big, the CS10's weaknesses will be very apparent.

I would lean towards buying a stronger center channel speaker. A CS10 would be suitable if you had bookshelf speakers for your mains and a relatively low to mid/low powered receiver running them.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:41 PM   #4
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy4547 View Post
I have a CS10 on my bar set-up. It's kind of a "smaller" speaker. It can be outclassed by your mains. If your mains are too big, the CS10's weaknesses will be very apparent.

I would lean towards buying a stronger center channel speaker. A CS10 would be suitable if you had bookshelf speakers for your mains and a relatively low to mid/low powered receiver running them.
Agree 100%. I too have the Polk CS10 Center along with the Polk RTi 12s as my mains, and yes they overpower the center in a big way.
7.2 Denon 4520c.i. AVR, Sony 65" 4K HDR X900E, Monster HTS-1600, AMD Custom Built Computer/Media Player, Polk Audio RTi 12 Speaker's-Main's, Polk Audio CS-2 Center, JBL ES 80 Speaker's Surround, Polk Monitor 60 Surround Back, Acoustech 12" PL 200 Sub, Polk Audio 10" PSW 110 Sub, Sony BDP 570-SACD, Panasonic BDP 360 2.0 Onkyo 809 AVR, Polk Audio Monitor 70s, Audio Technica AT-LP-120
HOLD ON, FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT, AND NEVER SURRENDER
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers