Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mr. Robot: Season 3.0 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray)
$8.99

To Have and Have Not (Blu-ray)
$11.85

Avatar The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Finest Hours (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$5.34

A Few Good Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Dark Crystal 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Fury 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

A Quiet Place 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
56 min ago
Pitch Perfect 3 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 03-06-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009
Default The Official Dorado Films Thread

Quote:
Welcome to Dorado Films, your cult movie connection. Dorado is dedicated to bringing you the very best in spaghetti western, euro-crime, euro-spy and exploitation DVDs (and now Blu-rays).

Whether your taste runs to lone gunfighters dueling badass banditos, rock-jawed spies saving the world from diabolical villains, loose cannon Italian cops blowing away lowlife criminals, or temperature-raising exploitation vixens doing what comes naturally, Dorado Films is the number one source for the cult movies you’ve been craving.

Coming soon:

Jess Franco's Forgotten Films Vol 2

Official site

YouTube

Last edited by NoirFan; 04-23-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #2
Special Member

Nov 2015

Has anyone bought the Franco's Forgotten films collection? Looking for thoughts on picture quality and overall presentation.
Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Sommarens tolv månader (1988), Dead of Night (1945), Tag: The Assassination Game (1982), Thunder in Paradise TV (1994), Murder Rock (1984), Mirage (1990), Cruel Jaws (1995), The Midnight Hour (1985), Blood Frenzy (1987), Hard Ticket to Hawaii (1987), Cheerleader Camp (1988), Island of Blood (1982), The Shuttered Room (1967)
Old 03-06-2017, 03:51 PM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsend View Post
Has anyone bought the Franco's Forgotten films collection? Looking for thoughts on picture quality and overall presentation.
There's a more detailed analysis and screenshots here, but they're both taken from un-restored and somewhat faded prints, and Dorado only used a BD-25. No DNR applied, thankfully, though the films themselves are overly talky and display little of the usual Franco flourishes/sense of style. If you're a Franco completist and/or already a fan of the films, I'd say it's worth the $25. I'm hoping they use a BD50 for the next double-feature disc. (Has anyone inquired on Facebook whether the Eurocrime two-fer will be dual-layer?)
Old 03-06-2017, 07:59 PM   #4

Nov 2016

I ordered the Italian Crime Double Feature today. Does anyone know if/when HIGH CRIME or CRIMES OF THE BLACK CAT will coming?
Old 03-06-2017, 09:52 PM   #5
Power Member

Jul 2009
Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudnine View Post
I ordered the Italian Crime Double Feature today. Does anyone know if/when HIGH CRIME or CRIMES OF THE BLACK CAT will coming?
"High Crime" is scheduled but no release date as of now. It's gonna have at least english and italian audio (plus subs) on board, possibly more.
My Music Collection • "The life of a Repo Man is always intense."
Old 03-06-2017, 10:00 PM   #6
Special Member

Feb 2014

I've been toying with the idea of starting a thread for this company over the last few weeks -- now I don't have to worry about it!

As for CRIMES OF THE BLACK CAT, the company recently responded:

Quote:
It is either in the works for Dorado or a very friendly label we work with on occasion. We will keep everyone posted.
Pretty easy to guess who...
Old 03-06-2017, 11:28 PM   #7

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce holecheck View Post
I've been toying with the idea of starting a thread for this company over the last few weeks -- now I don't have to worry about it!

As for CRIMES OF THE BLACK CAT, the company recently responded:

Pretty easy to guess who...
Raro would make the most sense.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:34 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
NYC

Quote:
Raro would make the most sense.
Probably Mondo since they are selling Dorado releases on there site now.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:36 AM   #9

Feb 2017

Mondo macabro would be the obvious choice
Old 03-07-2017, 06:15 AM   #10
Special Member

Mar 2009
UK

don't like the look of those caps for 'franco forgotten'.

admit i'd not heard of the label until the mention of the italian police films popped up in recent weeks. first impressions are that they operate more from the perspective of providing mostly westerns made outside the USA to people with a rabid interest who live inside the USA - a little different from the more open market approach of most labels i'm familiar with that are releasing genre films stateside. they also look a little unprofessional in their presentation and attitude, remind me of a grey market operation more than a company with an ongoing major presence; this will only change (i personally think) if they can raise their game in the image and sound, and patience will soon run thin at high prices with mediocre content for films that many have waited years for decent disc editions of.

for me, a decent presentation of the film - clean, correct - and a typical price comparable with similar labels is far preferable to simply putting things out and dressing them up as limited editions, lavish attention to extras and packaging or otherwise.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:46 PM   #11
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

Juego sucio en Casablanca (Dirty Game in Casablanca) is the poll winner to be paired with Camino Solitario on Volume 2 of Dorado's 'Forgotten Franco' series.

And it appears that further sets are planned as well, although they are somewhat dependent on pre-orders (so please support the line early and often!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado email
I would assume that Vol.3 and 4 will be doable this year, Vol 1. although it did not do spectacular on our presale it seems to be doing better now on Amazon and other outlets. So, if we keep getting support on the presale's we can keep bring the extras and double features and actually recover the majority of our expenses on the street releases.

(I suggested in my reply that they might want to consider using a BD50 for future volumes.)
Thanks given by:
thenoblecollector (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 08:03 PM   #12
Special Member

Sep 2014
California

So their LE are only pre-sale? They usually come in a white case, numbered, and a booklet, right? I'm interested in the crime Blu-ray, but I'm not sure if to get the LE or wait till it's on Amazon.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:07 PM   #13
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_31 View Post
So their LE are only pre-sale?
Yes.

Edit: Regarding packaging, they just posted this on Facebook:

Quote:
For the presale orders only we are enclosing a Weapons of Death promotional booklet and a few pocket card pictures from Special Cop in Action.
The rest of today's Facebook post:

Quote:
Quick update on Night of the Scorpion, we just sent off the file for replication and our files for the printing, everything should come back to us now within the next 12 business days so our projected shipping date of April 11th, 2017 or just a bit before will be met. We ordered just about 50 extra presale booklet / Disc packages which means that only another 35 to 40 complete presale packages will be available until all gone. We can invoice anyone still interested in this release up until we receive the completed packages, after which time we will pull them from the offering and start releasing the street copies in May of 2017.

The Explosive Eurocrime double feature still has about 2 weeks left for the presale, we will not be extending this presale beyond its cutoff date stated on the website. For the presale orders only we are enclosing a Weapons of Death promotional booklet and a few pocket card pictures from Special Cop in Action. The limited edition will be exactly that, limited....
https://doradofilms.video/?upc=828637050041

We have currently been working with the next Bluray release which will be the double Larraz Features Emma and Estigma, we have some great add ins for this releases presale editions just for you the fans, details will be announced next week with the cover art and enclosure extras.... stay tuned.

From Facebook on 3/15:

Quote:
For you Eurospy fans out there.... we have just cleaned Special Mission Lady Chaplin and Mission Bloody Mary, have dropped off some reels of deleted scenes from our previous release of MBM to have spliced together and we will be working on this project come May to June. We will keep you posted as we go along.

We will also be releasing by July our first double feature Spaghetti Western BR, we will be announcing the titles just as soon as the prints come back from the lab.

Last edited by NoirFan; 03-22-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:35 PM   #14
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

From Facebook yesterday:

Quote:
Final last days of the Eurocrime presale, if you have not yet ordered your copy of the PS edition time is almost up, March 31st is final cutoff. On this one we will not be extending the presale past the cutoff date. The combo pack, the special promotional booklet etc. will only be available via the presale. I have been asked to press the DVD of a third title instead of the DVD of Special Cop in Action since it will already be on the Bluray, so perhaps we will do The Councillor on the DVD and replace the SCIA plan for a pressed DVD , it will ultimately be the decision of you presale buyers via a private email vote.....

Get ready for this news:

Volume Two of Jess Franco's forgotten films will be slated for presale purchases within the next two weeks, and Larraz double feature Emma and Estigma will be mad available next week!

Is that fun or what!!
Old 03-28-2017, 02:19 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2016
brooklyn

just ordered the pre-sale of Eurocrime! glad i'm on this forum or i would have missed this. i'll be passing on the Francos, but any Eurocrime releases will make their way to me easy.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:52 PM   #16

Nov 2016

I'll be very disappointed if the Italian language track and English subtitles are not included.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:21 PM   #17
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

Quote:
I'll be very disappointed if the Italian language track and English subtitles are not included.
From Facebook last night:

Quote:
Will have the report and the transferred track tomorrow to review then we will post the results.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:56 PM   #18
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

From earlier this morning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook
Okay, the preorder sale and link for the Explosive Eurocrime 3 film [2 BR 1 DVD] has officially ended. If you missed the sale we will be doing our tally Friday evening so you can write us at Store@doradofilms.com to still safely reserve your copy, after this we send off our count to the printers for the numbered jackets and the booklets. Next presale will be for the Larraz double feature which is slated for our next release followed by the Vol. 2 Jess Franco's Forgotten Films. Thanks everyone who have supported our presale, we do appreciate you! If you totally missed out there will be an announcement soon as to the street release.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:33 PM   #19
Mondo Macabro Insider

Mar 2012

Hey guys, if anyone missed out on the 2-disc LE version of Dorado's Italian crime double feature, the Mondo Macabro big cartel storefront will have some of these for sale in the future. Not sure when yet, but keep an eye on this space or the official MM thread for more info.
Thanks given by:
44-24-36 (03-31-2017), Blu_Beard (03-31-2017), easydreamer (04-01-2017), oildude (04-01-2017), Sleazeaddict (04-01-2017)
Old 04-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2016
brooklyn

i've gone from not knowing about this release to being super excited about it in 48 hours, this is cool
Thanks given by:
KillaCam (04-01-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors