Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Les Misérables (Blu-ray)
€3.48
 
Pacific Rim: Uprising 4K (Blu-ray)
€20.99
 
Rampage (Blu-ray)
€14.99
 
47 Meters Down (Blu-ray)
€6.99
 
The Death of Stalin (Blu-ray)
€12.99
 
Downton Abbey: Die komplette Serie (Blu-ray)
€41.97
 
U2: iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris (Blu-ray)
€12.99
 
X-Files: Season 11 (Blu-ray)
€25.99
 
A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
€14.99
 
Die Eberhofer Triple Box (Blu-ray)
€14.99
 
The Patriot 4K (Blu-ray)
€26.97
 
Only the Brave (Blu-ray)
€14.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2017, 10:15 PM   #1
classicmaterial classicmaterial is offline
Expert Member
 
classicmaterial's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
New England
538
93
Default Friday the 13th mediabooks

I have the four they've released thus far but it appears they are now releasing parts 4-6 and the remake

I can't find listings on Amazon.de though can anyone help with information/how to order them?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:42 AM   #3
classicmaterial classicmaterial is offline
Expert Member
 
classicmaterial's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
New England
538
93
Default

Thank you very much!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:21 AM   #4
Marv Inc. Marv Inc. is offline
Power Member
 
Marv Inc.'s Avatar
 
Sep 2012
The British Empire
5
Default

So are these ports of the US discs but with all the extras from the Crystal lake to Manhattan boxset included?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:37 PM   #5
VeZius VeZius is offline
Active Member
 
Jan 2012
3579
4
Default

Are there any reviews or discussions of these sets anywhere? I've been wanting more info on these as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:50 PM   #6
classicmaterial classicmaterial is offline
Expert Member
 
classicmaterial's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
New England
538
93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeZius View Post
Are there any reviews or discussions of these sets anywhere? I've been wanting more info on these as well.

There's been some discussion in the Friday the 13th Complete Collection boxset thread but it was a while back

Basically the picture quality is slightly better on them and the packaging is awesome
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
VeZius (07-03-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 07:04 PM   #7
shocker2 shocker2 is offline
Active Member
 
shocker2's Avatar
 
May 2017
first death cell, later power grid
Default

Information label owner:

Due to a defective delivery the release of the remake MB is postponed to 03/08/17.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:21 PM   #8
grodd grodd is offline
Expert Member
 
grodd's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Northern CA
3
Default

They all have better picture quality with parts 2 and 3 having the smallest improvements and parts 7 and 8 having the largest. I'm guessing one reason of improvement is 7-8 having double the bit rate/total size on the German mediabooks because they aren't shared on a single disc. They also added DTS 2.0 soundtracks to all of them.

So it's likely 5 and 6 will continue the trend to have the bigger improvements.
4-6 are shipping now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:33 PM   #9
Dickieduvet Dickieduvet is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dickieduvet's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
England
2583
92
6
3
Default

Comparison

PT 2

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=3113&d2=9456&c=1308

PT 8

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=9459&d2=3127&c=1314
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:30 AM   #10
ferocious_beast ferocious_beast is offline
Active Member
 
ferocious_beast's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
Cincinnati, OH
40
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodd View Post
They all have better picture quality with parts 2 and 3 having the smallest improvements and parts 7 and 8 having the largest. I'm guessing one reason of improvement is 7-8 having double the bit rate/total size on the German mediabooks because they aren't shared on a single disc. They also added DTS 2.0 soundtracks to all of them.

So it's likely 5 and 6 will continue the trend to have the bigger improvements.
4-6 are shipping now.
Hi, I wanted to ask a question about the Friday the 13th Blu-ray mediabooks. They all seem to have a DTS-HD 2.0 track where the US blu-rays do not... is the DTS-HD 2.0 tracks the original theatrical mixes or simply 2.0 down mixes of the 5.1 remix soundtracks? Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:12 AM   #11
NoirFan NoirFan is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Aug 2009
2442
29
Default

Ouch, these are all to 50 Euros now, wish I had known about them sooner! Are the banners at the bottom part of a removable overlay?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:05 AM   #12
ferocious_beast ferocious_beast is offline
Active Member
 
ferocious_beast's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
Cincinnati, OH
40
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Ouch, these are all to 50 Euros now, wish I had known about them sooner! Are the banners at the bottom part of a removable overlay?
Yes they come off. I saw an unboxing last night.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
NoirFan (08-31-2017)
Old 09-05-2017, 11:30 PM   #13
DarknessBDJM DarknessBDJM is offline
Power Member
 
DarknessBDJM's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
Default

Be careful if you're buying them as a U.S. buyer though, had issues with both of my shipments (one shipment was lost, just an empty box arrived from Amazon, the other came in a very mishandled and dented cardboard mailer which wrinkled my part 5 or 6 cardboard slip).
The picture quality is better on all of them, the packaging is excellent, and all have hd 2.0 audio along with the 5.1 that the U.S. blu-rays have. I think 3 is as sizable an improvement in pq as the ones that got bundled into double features on the U.S. disks.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
NoirFan (09-05-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 05:17 AM   #14
ThatDeviantGuy ThatDeviantGuy is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2016
Chicago, IL
616
88
5
Default

The screenshots look like the same transfer, just (slightly) better compression on the Mediabook. The Amazon page says uncut, I'm assuming that since they run at the same time that's BS?
Any rumors on the upcoming US releases?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:27 PM   #15
ferocious_beast ferocious_beast is offline
Active Member
 
ferocious_beast's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
Cincinnati, OH
40
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDeviantGuy View Post
The screenshots look like the same transfer, just (slightly) better compression on the Mediabook. The Amazon page says uncut, I'm assuming that since they run at the same time that's BS?
Any rumors on the upcoming US releases?
I believe by "Uncut" it means no cuts to the theatrical versions. I heard these films had cuts in Germany before.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:52 AM   #16
shocker2 shocker2 is offline
Active Member
 
shocker2's Avatar
 
May 2017
first death cell, later power grid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocious_beast View Post
I believe by "Uncut" it means no cuts to the theatrical versions. I heard these films had cuts in Germany before.
That's correct.
Several titles of the series (2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 - iirc) were cut to pass the FSK for their cinema/dtv releases.
Parts 2-8 had been re-rated in the uncut r-rated versions and were passed uncut.
A new rating of the first part is pending.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ferocious_beast (09-09-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 12:50 PM   #17
NoirFan NoirFan is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Aug 2009
2442
29
Default

Does III include the DVD commentary that was dropped from the US BD box set, or the VII 2004 DVD commentary that was replaced with a newer one for the box set?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:47 PM   #18
NoirFan NoirFan is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Aug 2009
2442
29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessBDJM View Post
Be careful if you're buying them as a U.S. buyer though, had issues with both of my shipments (one shipment was lost, just an empty box arrived from Amazon, the other came in a very mishandled and dented cardboard mailer which wrinkled my part 5 or 6 cardboard slip).
Fortunately mine arrived in mint condition, and the package only took two days to arrive from Germany! Most impressive.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ferocious_beast (09-15-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 04:07 PM   #19
mep mep is offline
Member
 
mep's Avatar
 
Jan 2017
Germany
2953
300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Does III include the DVD commentary that was dropped from the US BD box set, or the VII 2004 DVD commentary that was replaced with a newer one for the box set?
Mine are still sealed, but the back of III doesn´t mention any commentary. VII mentiones ´A Killer Commentary with John Carl Buechler, Lar Park Lincoln and Kane Hodder. Don´t know, if you´re looking for that...
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
NoirFan (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 05:33 PM   #20
wesslan wesslan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Feb 2010
1
Default

Any more comparisons found on the rest?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:47 PM.