Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Steins;Gate: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$10.99
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Adventures of Tintin 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
My Hero Academia: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$21.99
War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$10.00
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Samurai Champloo: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Transformers: The Last Knight (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray)
$10.00
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-03-2017, 06:12 PM   #521

Jun 2013
Sydney, Australia

Woah, TrueHD 5.1 audio... honestly did not expect that.

Not the end of the world of course, just an odd move.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:44 PM   #522

Jan 2011
Alabama

Amazon is still showing release day delivery for me but no shipping notification yet, and no shipping soon status either. Hmmm
~Tip-toe thru the tulips with me~
Old 12-03-2017, 11:03 PM   #523
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
Oklahoma

Tracking info finally shows that the USPS has mine so they haven't lost it...yet.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:19 PM   #524

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfingerboogie View Post

I was hoping for a 7.1 mix like the original series and FWWM releases, but it'll still sound better than what I got on PSVue streaming.

Also, REALLY looking forward to seeing the show sans the awful compression (especially in the blacks and darks) that provided!
Thanks given by:
badfingerboogie (12-04-2017), ccinsf (12-04-2017), Kyle15 (12-04-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 11:21 PM   #525
Expert Member

Feb 2010
Atlanta

C'mon Bullmoose, don't let me down!!

(still in "order received" status as of today, sigh)
Old 12-03-2017, 11:23 PM   #526
Power Member

Apr 2011
The hurricane state

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfingerboogie View Post

If it's handled by Showtime, that's the standard.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:43 PM   #527
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herry Dunston View Post
If it's handled by Showtime, that's the standard.
It should be a Paramount/CBS release like the original. I donít mind it, but itís a bit odd when the original series and FWWM were given 7.1 mixes.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:27 AM   #528

Jan 2011
Alabama

If that's the original mix I'm content with that. Mulholland Drive's is 5.1 afterall, not to mention the series is 2.0 and FWWM was originally 2.0 as well.
~Tip-toe thru the tulips with me~
Old 12-04-2017, 12:52 AM   #529

Oct 2009
Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluProofie View Post
It should be a Paramount/CBS release like the original. I don’t mind it, but it’s a bit odd when the original series and FWWM were given 7.1 mixes.
Given the lack of language options, it seems pretty far from the typical CBS release. Just in case, I recorded every single episode off WOWOW to get Japanese subtitles, and now I know those BD-Rs will have to suffice. I was tempted to skip doing so, but don't like to gamble when important series are on the line! God knows how much an eventual Japanese release will cost, probably in the $300 range.

Last edited by ikms; 12-04-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:03 AM   #530
Special Member

Feb 2012

Is it normal for Amazon to list "delivery date pending" on my preorder when it's due to be released tomorrow?
Old 12-04-2017, 03:06 AM   #531

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
Also, REALLY looking forward to seeing the show sans the awful compression (especially in the blacks and darks) that provided!
I really think that compression was just part of how they decided to shoot the series. It was visible throughout, no matter which source (TV or various streaming apps/devices), and it was unique to this show. Not common for me on much of any other shows or movies that I stream on the same services.

This is actually one thing I'm looking forward to seeing with the blu-ray. How much if at all this compression will be (to me) visibly changed.

So, I don't know for sure, and I don't want to be a downer, but umÖ maybe get ready to be disappointed. I might very well be wrong! But I've been with the impression this is just part of the format Lynch decided he wanted to shoot with.

I personally got used to it and adjusted and became fine with it after the first couple of hours.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:07 AM   #532

Jul 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
Is it normal for Amazon to list "delivery date pending" on my preorder when it's due to be released tomorrow?
I have it too. This is the first preorder with a widely known release date I’ve seen it on.

If it doesn’t get shipped tomorrow, I’ll hopefully be able to just grab it at Best Buy and cancel at Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFanAttic View Post
I really think that compression was just part of how they decided to shoot the series. It was visible throughout, no matter which source (TV or various streaming apps/devices), and it was unique to this show. Not common for me on much of any other shows or movies that I stream on the same services.

This is actually one thing I'm looking forward to seeing with the blu-ray. How much if at all this compression will be (to me) visibly changed.

So, I don't know for sure, and I don't want to be a downer, but um… maybe get ready to be disappointed. I might very well be wrong! But I've been with the impression this is just part of the format Lynch decided he wanted to shoot with.

I personally got used to it and adjusted and became fine with it after the first couple of hours.
I mentioned this earlier in this thread and a few others mentioned experiencing the same thing - Showtime’s cable and streaming feed (in general, not just this show) look terrible compared to most other HD channels. It’s possible that it could be a source issue, but my previous experience with Showtime leads to me to expect the Blu will be an upgrade.

Last edited by sb5; 12-04-2017 at 03:14 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:12 AM   #533
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
New York City

Mine still says itíll be delivered on release day though it hasnít shipped. Guessing itíll ship tomorrow and arrive on release day Tuesday. Was hoping to get it early, but as long as itís on time and in good condition Iíll be happy.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:33 AM   #534

Sep 2014

Mine said release day delivery until a few hours ago. Now it says they need more time to give me a delivery estimate. I'll ask for a free month of prime if it is late.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:58 AM   #535
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
New York City

I ordered mine right when the pre-order went up so it better not be late.
Thanks given by:
ccinsf (12-04-2017), Kyle15 (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 04:07 AM   #536

Jan 2011
Upstate New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantajoseph View Post
C'mon Bullmoose, don't let me down!!

(still in "order received" status as of today, sigh)
My Bullmoose order status says item packaged, but when I clicked the track button it shows that it shipped on the first and is now 30 miles away! Should get it tomorrow! Psyched!
Thanks given by:
atlantajoseph (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 04:29 AM   #537

Mar 2012

Mine hasn’t shipped either. My audio copy of The Final Dossier was expected ‘by 8pm’ until about 10pm release day when they sent the delay email. It ended up coming 2 weeks later. They better not pull that crap with this release. I ordered the very hour preorders went up .
Old 12-04-2017, 04:31 AM   #538

Nov 2011

I have a feeling these shipped late from the distributor to the various retailers/etailers. My place that usually gets things anywhere between 1 and 2 weeks early had no stock on it on Friday (95% of stuff is there on Friday before Tue street date). . I also emailed another place locally that isn't a major chain just to see if there was some hold up and if they'd still have it on Tuesday and the guy responded that their shipment shipped late and might not make it by Tuesday.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:32 AM   #539

Jan 2011
Illinoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFanAttic View Post

So, I don't know for sure, and I don't want to be a downer, but umÖ maybe get ready to be disappointed. I might very well be wrong! But I've been with the impression this is just part of the format Lynch decided he wanted to shoot with.

When I watched it at my house I noticed all sorts of compression in the darker scenes throughout the series, and I figured it was just the stream not being able to handle the incredibly dark sequences. But then I watched the final episode a second time at my brother's house and incredibly the blacks - during the sex scene, for example - were crystal clear.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:48 AM   #540

Dec 2017

Half of twitter already seems to have a copy so hopefully there isn’t a widespread delay.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America