Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Sherlock: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Blade Runner 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Annabelle: Creation (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-04-2017, 07:08 AM   #541

Jun 2015

My Bull Moose order is arriving today. I really wasn't expecting early delivery from the free economy shipping so this is a surprise. I'll definitely be using them for preorders from now on.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:16 AM   #542
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFanAttic View Post
I really think that compression was just part of how they decided to shoot the series. It was visible throughout, no matter which source (TV or various streaming apps/devices), and it was unique to this show. Not common for me on much of any other shows or movies that I stream on the same services.

This is actually one thing I'm looking forward to seeing with the blu-ray. How much if at all this compression will be (to me) visibly changed.

So, I don't know for sure, and I don't want to be a downer, but umÖ maybe get ready to be disappointed. I might very well be wrong! But I've been with the impression this is just part of the format Lynch decided he wanted to shoot with.

I personally got used to it and adjusted and became fine with it after the first couple of hours.

I know you can't possibly be serious, but the Arri Alexa and Amira don't exhibit artifacting in the blacks, and it's rather silly to think they did it on purpose. It's not "unique" to the show. It won't be there on proper exhibition.
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (12-04-2017), BluProofie (12-04-2017), Kyle15 (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 08:52 AM   #543

Jun 2012

I've been following this thread relatively closely and haven't seen much mention of Mark Frost's recent Twin Peaks books. Anyone else check them out?

After the Season 3 finale, I couldn't get enough of Twin Peaks. I rewatched Fire Walk with Me and key episodes, read all kinds of fan theories, and listened to the soundtracks. I just finished The Secret History of Twin Peaks and The Final Dossier this weekend in preparation of the Blu-ray

I think they're a bit too far down the rabbit hole for me. Or more likely, the wrong rabbit hole. I didn't love the books; there were some interesting bits but it frequently just felt like fan fiction. I love the atmosphere and mystery of Twin Peaks. Getting detailed notes about events and people of TP doesn't necessarily kill that mystery (because it doesn't really resolve the remaining mysteries) but it also isn't what makes the world so engaging for me. I suppose I just don't enjoy Twin Peaks sans-Lynch.

Regardless, I can't wait to revisit these episodes (especially episode 8) and see how they look on Blu. And dig into those special features...
Old 12-04-2017, 10:56 AM   #544
Power Member

Mar 2013
Dinas Powys / Bristol, UK

UK version arrived today! Same as US: English TrueHD 5.1 audio, English HoH subtitles only. Also coded region A/B at least (maybe C too, I can't check). Rating sticker on front is removable, other rating is printed on J-card. On the discs themselves, only a single UK rating (no Ireland) is present.

Here are some photos, including how it sits on a shelf next to other titles and the original box set:

Front and left side:
[Show spoiler]

Back and top:
[Show spoiler]

Bottom:
[Show spoiler]

Front (without cellophane):
[Show spoiler]

Front (opened):
[Show spoiler]

Inside:
[Show spoiler]

On a shelf:
[Show spoiler]
Colour-coded Criterion Spreadsheet (BD [US +UK]/iTunes HD/both BD+iTunes/Box Sets): .pdf | .ods
Thanks given by:
badfingerboogie (12-04-2017), captainron_howdy (12-04-2017), EvilResident (12-04-2017), ex-beldvd man (12-04-2017), jvonl (12-04-2017), Kyle15 (12-04-2017), Porco Azzurro (12-04-2017), postmodel (12-04-2017), starman15317 (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 02:40 PM   #545

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by minister_x View Post
UK version arrived today! Same as US: English TrueHD 5.1 audio, English HoH subtitles only. Also coded region A/B at least (maybe C too, I can't check). Rating sticker on front is removable, other rating is printed on J-card. On the discs themselves, only a single UK rating (no Ireland) is present.

Here are some photos, including how it sits on a shelf next to other titles and the original box set:

Front and left side:
[Show spoiler]

Back and top:
[Show spoiler]

Bottom:
[Show spoiler]

Front (without cellophane):
[Show spoiler]

Front (opened):
[Show spoiler]

Inside:
[Show spoiler]

On a shelf:
[Show spoiler]
Thanks for the pics! Your set looks great. I'm very anal about this kind of stuff and I'm worried I'll get a set where his lips don't line up And the diagonal cut is already causing the finish to lift off the cardboard on some of the tips, I see. I've seen that on many pictures so far.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:29 PM   #546

Nov 2016
Just don't.

Yes, my Amazon order hasn't been shipped out yet either.

Quote:
Arriving tomorrow by 11PM
11PM?! I don't think I've ever seen it display a time after 8 or 9PM, for obvious reasons. Why not 3AM the following morning? Hand-delivered, obviously.
Thanks given by:
Kyle15 (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #547

May 2017
Limerick Ireland

Those pictures are great of the UK version of the set.
Its also brilliant to see the rating logos are removeable just like with UK version of the first edition of The Entire Mystery boxset.

Why isn't this a thing done with more UK releases from great companys like Arrow Video & so on with making them goddamn rating logos removeable by having them be stickers or just have them on the plastic wrapping itself.

Seeing as Arrow Video have stopped putting them on the side of their boxes on their newer releases this year why not just go all the way & make them removable for the front artwork.
Thanks given by:
badfingerboogie (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 03:50 PM   #548

Mar 2016
Pittsburgh

I want this, but I want a complete set more. I guess I'll wait and see if we ever get that..
65" LG C7 | Sony UBP-X800

100+ Digital Codes For Sale
Old 12-04-2017, 06:16 PM   #549
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post

11PM?! I don't think I've ever seen it display a time after 8 or 9PM, for obvious reasons. Why not 3AM the following morning? Hand-delivered, obviously.
Same for me. I talked to someone from Amazon and they said it was definitely coming tomorrow. So I guess I have to wait until the next day to complain lol
Old 12-04-2017, 06:45 PM   #550

Jan 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post

Mine says 8pm but no shipping notification. Probably not getting it tomorrow, even though I pre-ordered like right when it went up. Oh well!
~Tip-toe thru the tulips with me~
Old 12-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #551

Dec 2015
San Diego, CA

I have this and Silent night, deadly night on order from Amazon.

Silent night shipped today USPS by 11 tomorrow. Never heard the 11pm time.. maybe because itís the holiday season.

Twin peaks .. not yet. I live in downtown San Diego.. the amazon delivery guys are around here all day and night so I usually get everything on time, even when shipped in the afternoon of the day itís due.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:03 PM   #552

Mar 2012

Got the 11pm notice too. This doesnít feel right. Is there an inventory check site that works on Best Buy? I might just cancel the amazon order since it hasnít even shipped yet.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:28 PM   #553
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
New York City

This situation is incredibly confusing. Thinking of calling Best Buy to see if they will have it tomorrow and cancelling my Amazon order.

I’ve never seen Amazon handle a release like this. If there is low stock or a delay, why haven’t they said anything about it?

Last edited by BluProofie; 12-04-2017 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #554

Sep 2011

I canceled my Amazon order and preordered mine late last week from Best Buy and it shipped almost immediately and arrived today.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:38 PM   #555
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
Oklahoma

I canceled my amazon.com order a few weeks ago when it went from showing release day delivery to needing more time to get a delivery date. I ordered it from bestbuy.com and is showing that it will be here tomorrow. I also just canceled Amazon Prime since I don't stream movies and TV and since they can't seem to deliver things on time anymore I don't see the need for it. Twin Peaks isn't the only problem I have had recently with them not delivering things by the promised date.
Thanks given by:
ccinsf (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #556
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010
Austin

Still 8pm for me.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:57 PM   #557
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyJankis View Post
Still 8pm for me.
Has yours actually shipped though?
Old 12-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #558

Aug 2012

I've got the same "need more time to give a delivery date" from Amazon. And I've got Prime. Don't really care if it's not here by tomorrow as I close at work anyway, but the next day I have off and I'll be annoyed... Thinking too about cancelling my order and swinging by Best Buy tomorrow, except the website doesn't have a store pick-up option for this. I'll never have anything from BB shipped to my house again after the time I paid extra to have the Rogue One steelbook delivered on Day 1, I had just stepped out when the mail came, and instead of leaving it at my door they took it back to the post office. Then the next day the same thing happened, and then the day after was Sunday, so I basically paid extra to have it 3 days late.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:28 PM   #559

Aug 2011
Connecticut

What really telling with Amazon is that my card hasn't been charged yet...
Old 12-04-2017, 08:33 PM   #560

Aug 2012

Target doesnít even have this listed on their site do they? Kind of odd considering they have carried other Showtime product, as well as having an exclusive version of the Twin Peaks soundtrack cd.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America