Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Grease 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Saving Private Ryan 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Independence Day: Resurgence (Blu-ray)
$4.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$4.99

The Grand Budapest Hotel (Blu-ray)
$4.99
5 hrs ago
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$17.78
5 hrs ago
Miracle (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Dietrich & von Sternberg in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$85.62

Deadpool (Blu-ray)
$14.96
14 hrs ago
Young Frankenstein (Blu-ray)
$4.99

The Sartana Collection (Blu-ray)
$66.09

Game Night (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages

Old 09-28-2017, 10:58 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
Default The Evil Dead "Definitive" Timeline - explaining time travel and incongruences

Since the TV series changed the game forever, I conceived, elaborated and wrote a NEW "definitive" Evil Dead timeline rolling the 3 movies and the TV series into one single, cohesive "continuity".

No more discrepancies or incongruences, I swear.

Have a good read:

http://evildeadarmyofdarkness.blogsp...-timeline.html

P.s.: please remove my previous thread about the former, now deleted timeline I wrote eons ago. Thank you.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:09 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009

It seems like Evil Dead is ultra-popular again, now that NETFLIX issued the first 2 seasons of "Ash vs Evil Dead".

I mean, lately my site is making an average of 1.000-1.200 visits, and on 5th January (2018) it had a peak of almost 1.700 visits. Impressive.

I'm sure NETFLIX created new resonance for the franchise.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:49 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009

Sadly, Season 3 will be the end. The final chapter.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:35 AM   #4
Power Member

Jul 2012

Thanks for posting the timeline (I actually came here from the Scanners page).

I am a huge fan of Army of Darkness and Ash (I actually prefer the DC ending, at it sums up Ash perfectly...even though it doesn’t fit in with the series... Or does it?), and to a lesser extent ED & ED2.
I saw Evil Dead many moons ago as a 14 year old at a friends “video night” and it scared the shit out of me. While ED, as a horror, is tame by today’s standards, when I saw it as a mature adult, it is still a great flick that was innovative for it’s time.
BTW, I loved the remake, especially since I got to see it for the first time (all the way through), by importing the Unrated cut from Japan.
But, back to the original franchise, I am a moderate fan, especially since I bought and played the first Evil Dead game on PS2 to death (pun intended).

Anyhow, I love the “evolved” character of Ash that is portrayed in AOD (and to a lesser extent ED2), hence I’m sure I will enjoy the horror/comedy mix of the series. While I haven’t seen it yet (imported both S1 & S2 to Australia from US), as I have been waiting for the series to end (so that I can binge watch it all in one go), from all reports, it the sounds like a lot of fun.
So, while it will sadly end with S3, I hope it has a conclusion that Raimi and Campbell will be proud of (and should do going by the link below).

https://www.google.com.au/amp/comicbook.com/horror/amp/2018/04/14/ash-vs-evil-dead-canceled-season-4-bruce-campbell/

The upside? At least the show will end without fear of going stale (like so many shows do). So, once again, thanks for posting the timeline, as you have reinvigorated my desire to get into the show. Will come back and finish reading it, as I only read so far as the explanation of Evil Dead 2 being “distorted memories” (plausible explanation), to avoid any spoilers (once I got to the first one about Jacoby, I jumped out).
So, thanks again and I look forward to watching 1,2 & 3 back to back.
Not sure how to finish, so will go with one of the best lines to finish a movie. Hail to the king baby.
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Streaming sucks!

With Film & TV on Blu-Ray, you own it... With streaming, your just renting.

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
Thanks given by:
UniSol GR77 (04-22-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 07:52 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
So, once again, thanks for posting the timeline, as you have reinvigorated my desire to get into the show. Will come back and finish reading it, as I only read so far as the explanation of Evil Dead 2 being “distorted memories” (plausible explanation), to avoid any spoilers (once I got to the first one about Jacoby, I jumped out).
I'm very glad to read I've been useful, truly. Thank you so much for your kind words.

I'm in the process to complete the timelines, since Season 3 revealed a lot. You will be surprised.

I think I'll start to update the website after the grand finale.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages