Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
It (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Geostorm (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Misery (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Night of the Living Dead (Blu-ray)
$18.31
Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Boss Baby 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.90
NFL Super Bowl 52 Champions (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Batman: Gotham by Gaslight (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Post (Blu-ray)
$19.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2017, 11:18 AM   #1
turbine turbine is offline
Member
 
Jun 2016
Default CANDYMAN (1992) Unrated

Hi there,

Turbine is the new licensee for CANDYMAN for Germany/Austria/Switzerland. We're planning to make this the first unrated release (the only unrated release so far was the German VHS).

Good news first: The last release was featuring a German VoD master with original text blurred and new (German) text superimposed. We've already fixed this and acquired the proper int'l master. Nice side effect: It's a few generations fresher than the current release as well (less grain, defects).

The films past is a little bit troubled, being a Polygram Filmed Entertainment title. Originally licensed to Sony for 25 for distribution it's now come back to Universal. This means the material situation is a little bit special as the only unrated source was a German VHS master produced by a company that no longer has the rights.

We've already enquired with Sony, but this might take some time and we've got no idea if a) the print was archived or b) the VHS master (open matte, full frame, SD only) was archived.


So before we continue and, worst case, only have the unrated shots (just a handful, but hey... still unrated) as a bonus section...

Does someone know of a source for such unrated version? Maybe it's been screened at some festival? Maybe some fan owns a 35mm print?

Again, we're also checking labs and vaults, but it can't hurt so say what we're after so please spread the word.

Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
1234567? (12-24-2017), alexcrowder (12-28-2017), dallywhitty (01-11-2018), GasmaskAvenger (02-15-2018), jmb1381 (01-11-2018), Katatonia (12-31-2017), lilboyblu (01-03-2018), LRSVDR (10-11-2017), Lucy Ashton (12-26-2017), RickWJ324 (01-09-2018), Rockercub (01-04-2018), Se.Vero (10-15-2017), Splatterpunk (12-24-2017), wesslan (01-04-2018)
Old 10-12-2017, 05:30 PM   #2
EvilJames EvilJames is offline
Active Member
 
EvilJames's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
61
Default

I believe a UK theatrical print (which would have been uncut) played at the BFI Southbank here in London recently. I didn't see it but apparently it was in a very good condition. I would consider asking Park Circus where the BFI got the print from, as it's not one from the BFI Archive. Good luck!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:25 PM   #3
Dubstar Dubstar is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Dubstar's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock
1
1598
295
2
4
Default

I've never understood how a movie that has a problem with international film censorship boards and the U.S. MPAA cut the offending bits - do they clip and destroy the original negatives and chuck the footage into the bins never to be seen again?? Why not create a master 'preapproved uncensored' print
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:36 PM   #4
Geoff D Geoff D is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
1314
3
5
10
Default

That is the question, sir. It's nice to think of every studio and distributor as treating their product like gold but that's just it: it's product, a piece of mere ephemera, not something that should be preserved for the ages. Shit happens.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:09 AM   #5
jusmu jusmu is offline
Member
 
Jun 2014
Finland
223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbine View Post
Hi there,

Turbine is the new licensee for CANDYMAN for Germany/Austria/Switzerland. We're planning to make this the first unrated release (the only unrated release so far was the German VHS).

Good news first: The last release was featuring a German VoD master with original text blurred and new (German) text superimposed. We've already fixed this and acquired the proper int'l master. Nice side effect: It's a few generations fresher than the current release as well (less grain, defects).

The films past is a little bit troubled, being a Polygram Filmed Entertainment title. Originally licensed to Sony for 25 for distribution it's now come back to Universal. This means the material situation is a little bit special as the only unrated source was a German VHS master produced by a company that no longer has the rights.

We've already enquired with Sony, but this might take some time and we've got no idea if a) the print was archived or b) the VHS master (open matte, full frame, SD only) was archived.


So before we continue and, worst case, only have the unrated shots (just a handful, but hey... still unrated) as a bonus section...

Does someone know of a source for such unrated version? Maybe it's been screened at some festival? Maybe some fan owns a 35mm print?

Again, we're also checking labs and vaults, but it can't hurt so say what we're after so please spread the word.

Thanks!
If/when you get the print, couple of tips: don`t dub it and donīt put forced German subtitles.
Thank you!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
alexcrowder (12-28-2017)
Old 12-24-2017, 01:46 PM   #6
MrKolo MrKolo is offline
New Member
 
Dec 2017
Mountoun View
Send a message via Skype™ to MrKolo
Default

housing project ��
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:55 PM   #7
SymbioticFunction SymbioticFunction is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SymbioticFunction's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Chichester, UK
548
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKolo View Post
housing project ��
Neil Harrison.

50" Panasonic plasma and 6.1 sound.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:19 AM   #8
lateralspin lateralspin is offline
Special Member
 
lateralspin's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Sydney Australia
2
Default

Highly anticipated title.

I await the day to own it on Blu-ray!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:30 PM   #9
lilboyblu lilboyblu is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
lilboyblu's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
1198
95
112
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKolo View Post
housing project ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Candyman takes place in the formerly notorious Chicago housing project, Cabrini Green. A Target store now sits on that very spot.
A fan of Classics, B-Movies, and Genre Trash.

Last edited by lilboyblu; 01-03-2018 at 07:36 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:43 PM   #10
jimidini jimidini is online now
Power Member
 
jimidini's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
1368
422
7
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbine View Post
only have the unrated shots (just a handful, but hey... still unrated) as a bonus section...
Couldn't you use seamless branching?
Yes, the unrated shots may be crap quality-wise, but that would make it possible to watch the movie unrated and also watch it without those additional shots too.

Also: please acquire the rights of Nightmare on Elm Street 1 and release an unrated cut as well. Yes, it may be 1 or 2 seconds, but some would surely care

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmu View Post
If/when you get the print, couple of tips: don`t dub it and donīt put forced German subtitles.
Thank you!
I think Turbine has never released anything with forced subtitles, but I may be wrong.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:39 AM   #11
SymbioticFunction SymbioticFunction is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SymbioticFunction's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Chichester, UK
548
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboyblu View Post
Candyman takes place in the formerly notorious Chicago housing project, Cabrini Green.
Yeah everyone knew that. Doesn't do much to explain the random two word post though.
Neil Harrison.

50" Panasonic plasma and 6.1 sound.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:07 AM   #12
SymbioticFunction SymbioticFunction is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SymbioticFunction's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Chichester, UK
548
1
Default

hook
Neil Harrison.

50" Panasonic plasma and 6.1 sound.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:08 AM   #13
SymbioticFunction SymbioticFunction is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SymbioticFunction's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Chichester, UK
548
1
Default

bees
Neil Harrison.

50" Panasonic plasma and 6.1 sound.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:12 AM   #14
dallywhitty dallywhitty is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
dallywhitty's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
UK
858
174
Default

toilet
"All these years you looked back on that day, drunk on the memory of its perfection. How shiny her lips - how instant your connection."

"Also, The Last Jedi would've been a better movie if it was Blade Runner 2049." - GLaDOS

"Another person to ignore and GLADLY. dallywhitty, dallyunwhitty, he's the expert on posting etiquette." - bootsy
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
SymbioticFunction (01-11-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 02:39 AM   #15
javy javy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
javy's Avatar
 
Mar 2015
The Further
805
139
36
Default

Tony.
We must have waffles. We must all have waffles forthwith. We must all think, we must all have waffles, and think each and everyone one of us to the very best of his ability.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:12 AM   #16
lateralspin lateralspin is offline
Special Member
 
lateralspin's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Sydney Australia
2
Default

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:39 PM.