Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Flesh + Blood (Blu-ray)
£10.00
20 hrs ago
The Transformers: The Movie (Blu-ray)
£9.99
2 hrs ago
The Blue Dahlia (Blu-ray)
£8.99
20 hrs ago
One-Eyed Jacks (Blu-ray)
£8.99
20 hrs ago
Journeyman (Blu-ray)
£9.99
20 hrs ago
The Expanse: Season One (Blu-ray)
£15.00

Too Late for Tears (Blu-ray)
£8.99
20 hrs ago
Montparnasse 19 (Blu-ray)
£8.99
20 hrs ago
Eyeball (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K (Blu-ray)
£13.99
2 hrs ago
Suspiria (Blu-ray)
£9.99
8 hrs ago
The Witches (Blu-ray)
£8.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 10-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
Special Member

Feb 2009
England, UK
United Kingdom Marvel Studios Cinematic Universe Collector's Edition Boxsets - Phases One and Two

Marvel have just announced new Collector's Editions boxsets for Phase One and Phase Two of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

They're available to pre-order now with Phase One being £34.99 and Phase Two being £39.99.

Phase One
HMV
Zavvi

Phase Two
HMV
Zavvi

Last edited by BigNickUK; 10-21-2017 at 05:42 AM.
Thanks given by:
Gorgon (10-21-2017), rickah88 (10-23-2017), Ste7en (10-21-2017), Visionist (11-23-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 12:01 AM   #2

Jul 2012

So would that be the same "exclusive" disc that was in the briefcase set from a few years ago? Or a new one?

I can't remember if the Phase Two set ever had an extra bonus disc.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:07 AM   #3
Power Member

Jun 2015
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Priest View Post
So would that be the same "exclusive" disc that was in the briefcase set from a few years ago? Or a new one?

I can't remember if the Phase Two set ever had an extra bonus disc.
Yes, the original sets both have "bonus discs".

If I did not own them, I'd be all over this...
Old 10-21-2017, 04:28 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
In a rubbish part of England
Send a message via MSN to Billz

Looks like it’s missing the bonus discs for IM1 and IM2 anyway. And then there’s the situation with that Avengers disc (wrong title, missing bonus features, edited death scene that Disney lied about).

I would like those phase 1 and phase 2 bonus discs though.
Thanks given by:
Kaonashi (10-22-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 07:03 AM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2013
Durham, UK

No 3D discs?

My Marvel collection is far from complete so I was toying with picking these up.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:18 AM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

I'm in.

I've got all the movies already, but it will be nice to have them all in one place. Instead of being carved up into steelbooks and amarays.
Split like light refracted....
....across a moonlit mile
Old 10-21-2017, 02:27 PM   #7

Oct 2013
exeter,england

the listing on hmv includes whats extra on the bonus discs and it doesnt seem that different from whats on the original sets....i think i will stick to the original releases.
nice packaging :-)
Old 10-21-2017, 05:24 PM   #8

Jun 2014

Does anyone know when these will bu available to order from amazon?

Thanks
Old 10-21-2017, 06:24 PM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2013
Durham, UK

Dunno. But Zoom have them listed already.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:07 PM   #10

Jan 2010
Sheffield, UK

Tempting but think I'll wait for the 4k's. Might be in for a long one though...
Old 10-21-2017, 07:13 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012

I want them. They look so nice. But i have all of them on steelbook. And the suit case phase one set.

Wanna get the phase two orb set.

But these need to be 4k and 3d for me
Looking to sell or trade

See my trading/selling thread
Old 10-21-2017, 08:17 PM   #12
Power Member

Dec 2009
NZ

It's a bit weird that Phase Two is £5 more than Phase One while having the exact same number of discs, but I guess since the latter are older films they made it slightly cheaper? Either way, I'm most likely going to pick these up, but I might wait for a slight price drop. It's annoying that The Avengers has the UK title on the art, but it's a minor nitpick, especially since I'd be picking these up for the Phase bonus discs for the most part since I could never justify buying the big US sets as I already own multiple copies of the movies.

And as far as 4K goes, I would only upgrade a few of them to that anyway, so that's not going to put me off, especially since I've dropped more on individual premium releases multiple times, so paying less than that for actual new content will be a breeze.

Will be good to get pics once this releases because they look nice and colourful, and just to see how the set works as well.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:43 PM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell_packet View Post
It's a bit weird that Phase Two is £5 more than Phase One while having the exact same number of discs, but I guess since the latter are older films they made it slightly cheaper? Either way, I'm most likely going to pick these up, but I might wait for a slight price drop. It's annoying that The Avengers has the UK title on the art, but it's a minor nitpick, especially since I'd be picking these up for the Phase bonus discs for the most part since I could never justify buying the big US sets as I already own multiple copies of the movies.

And as far as 4K goes, I would only upgrade a few of them to that anyway, so that's not going to put me off, especially since I've dropped more on individual premium releases multiple times, so paying less than that for actual new content will be a breeze.

Will be good to get pics once this releases because they look nice and colourful, and just to see how the set works as well.
The censored footage and missing extras are more of a blow than the title change IMO
Old 10-21-2017, 08:45 PM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicron73 View Post
the listing on hmv includes whats extra on the bonus discs and it doesnt seem that different from whats on the original sets....i think i will stick to the original releases.
nice packaging :-)
Phase 1 Bonus Disc
Iron Man - Agent Coulson Intro: Iron Man, Iron Man - Deleted Scenes - Champions, Iron Man - Animatics, Iron Man - Pre-viz,
The Incredible Hulk - Agent Coulson Intro: The Incredible Hulk, The Incredible Hulk - Pre-viz,
Iron Man 2 - Agent Coulson Intro - Iron Man 2, Iron Man 2 - Deleted Scenes, Iron Man 2 - Animatics, Iron Man 2 - Pre-viz,
Thor - Agent Coulson Intro - Thor, Thor - Deleted Scenes, Thor - Animatics,
Captain America: The First Avenger - Agent Coulson Intro - Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The First Avenger - Animatics, Avengers Assemble... - Agent Coulson Intro -Avengers Assemble, Avengers Assemble - And Then Shawarma After, Avengers Assemble - Deleted Scenes, Avengers Assemble - Animatics, Avengers Assemble - Pre-viz

The extras for Avengers are the best thing about it as the film disc is pretty barebones (even more so than the US that got a commentary and extra feature)

Last edited by Indiana Jones; 10-21-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:27 PM   #15
Power Member

Dec 2009
NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
The censored footage and missing extras are more of a blow than the title change IMO
It definitely is, but I have the US 3D edition that I have no intention of getting rid of, so I'm set on that front. It is a bummer they couldn't at least put the commentary on though.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:15 PM   #16

Mar 2017
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
Iím more considering importing The Avengers from the US now that I know about the edited stabbing scene. However when Iíve seen "HD" clips of the scene uploaded by presumably US YouTube channels the spear tip is missing?
Old 10-22-2017, 12:21 PM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaonashi View Post
Iím more considering importing The Avengers from the US now that I know about the edited stabbing scene. However when Iíve seen "HD" clips of the scene uploaded by presumably US YouTube channels the spear tip is missing?
Guess those channels are too using the wrong version, the US BD is definitely the best version worldwide due to the uncensored cut and the most extras, I even went for the store exclusive with bonus disc and alternate artwork, crazy to think that was 5 years ago, where has the time gone lol
Old 10-22-2017, 09:29 PM   #18

Jun 2014

Now available to order on amazon although at £44.99 and £49.99
Old 10-23-2017, 05:27 AM   #19
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
UK

Been hoping they'd finally stick these all together, I know they've done them before but it's nice they're readily accessible. That said I hope Phase 3 follows suit in style, I'll wait for what they do with that before I pick these up.
"Film lovers are sick people." - FranÁois Truffaut
[FADE TO BLACK]
Old 10-23-2017, 07:43 AM   #20
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Been hoping they'd finally stick these all together, I know they've done them before but it's nice they're readily accessible. That said I hope Phase 3 follows suit in style, I'll wait for what they do with that before I pick these up.
Yeah, but by that time you may as well wait and see what they do for phase 4.....
Split like light refracted....
....across a moonlit mile
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland