COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.49
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Kundo (Blu-ray)
$17.98
In the Mouth of Madness (Blu-ray)
$9.49
The Haunting (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Prisoners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$100.82
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.67
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Leprechaun: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.49
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.49
Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series (Blu-ray)
$64.96
American Horror Story: Coven (Blu-ray)
$32.99
24: Live Another Day (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
Special Member

Sep 2007
Default Working at Best Buy today and telling customers about Warner Bros....

So I work at Best Buy part time in Media (movies, music and games) and had the pleasure of telling customers in the Blu-ray/HD DVD aisle about Warner Bros going Blu. I almost felt bad for some HD DVD guys who received HD DVD players for Christmas. The disappointment was priceless. Some pro-Blu customers didn't know and loved hearing it since it put more faith into the hardware they already had be it a PS3 or a standalone. I got to tell a potential Toshiba HD DVD standalone buyer about the PS3 and Warner Bros choice and easily swayed him away from buying it. Once he heard about the wireless streaming capabilities he could do from his desktop to his PS3 he was sold. Customers really love hearing about that.

On a sidenote, in our breakroom was an industry magazine dated January 2007 previewing CES and inside was a Warner Bros ad that showed how they supported both Blu and HD DVD. Pretty funny how quickly things change.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:28 PM   #2

Aug 2007
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBrooks1 View Post
So I work at Best Buy part time in Media (movies, music and games) and had the pleasure of telling customers in the Blu-ray/HD DVD aisle about Warner Bros going Blu. I almost felt bad for some HD DVD guys who received HD DVD players for Christmas. The disappointment was priceless. Some pro-Blu customers didn't know and loved hearing it since it put more faith into the hardware they already had be it a PS3 or a standalone. I got to tell a potential Toshiba HD DVD standalone buyer about the PS3 and Warner Bros choice and easily swayed him away from buying it. Once he heard about the wireless streaming capabilities he could do from his desktop to his PS3 he was sold. Customers really love hearing about that.

On a sidenote, in our breakroom was an industry magazine dated January 2007 previewing CES and inside was a Warner Bros ad that showed how they supported both Blu and HD DVD. Pretty funny how quickly things change.
Awesome, man. Keep fighting the good fight. It must be so much easier now. LOL
Old 01-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2006
KY

Quote:

At least you know what your talking about most employees at BB and CC dont even know what they are talking about
PS3 ID: ashliz
G.A.P. Memeber
Girl Gamer
46'' XBR3 Sony LCD

http://pfcdn.net/site/trophy_widget/psn/movies3.png
PS3 Trophies
Old 01-05-2008, 09:33 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Nebraska

man, i was in Best Buy today, looking to get Pirates: AWE and for the first time I've been there, there was more than one person looking at the Blus...but then I went to the side of the new release DVDs (hoping to find AWE) and that's where the HD-DVDs are, there were 3 couples looking at them and one older guy and he had like 4 HD-DVDs in his hands, I felt bad for them, because they obviously hadn't heard the announcement yesterday, but I didn't have the heart to tell them they were buying into a dead format.
Most Wanted on Blu: Before Sunrise/Sunset The Human Condition The Shootist McCabe and Mrs. Miller Judgment at Nuremberg Scarecrow Le Samouraļ Arsenic and Old Lace Roman Holiday Matchstick Men Solaris (2002) Requiem for a Heavyweight Man in the Shadow Bad Company (1972) The Friends of Eddie Coyle Return to Snowy River As I Lay Dying Narc Me and Orson Welles Big Fan Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Old 01-05-2008, 09:33 PM   #5

Nov 2007
Reading, PA

I think you should switch to Full-time
32" SAMSUNG 720p/1080i
PS3 80 GB W/ 8 PS3 Games
57 Blu-Rays
373 SD-DVDs
Old 01-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #6
Expert Member

Jul 2007
Salt Lake City, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geech View Post
I think you should switch to Full-time
LOL!! +1
Cheers,
- Jake =)

MovieRabbit.com
Old 01-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007

I was there this after noon & told 2 familys that were looking for a player, needless to say I also helped both pick there 5 free movies instantly with there new Blu-ray player LOL 12+ studios on the Blu side compared to 3 on the red. They were very thankful of my time.
Pioneer 9G Kuro's 5020 with Elite board swap, KRP500m, Elite 111, Elite 151. Onkyo 706, Polk TSi 5.1 all the way around & 10" sub. Pioneer BD player & Panasonic BD player along with three PS3's, all original 60gig units. 2x Harmony 1100 & 1 Harmony 1000 touch screen remotes. About 1,000 Blu-rays...
My Brother R.I.P. Sep 9, 1980 - (killed) July 23, 2008"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die today"
Old 01-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
Banned

Apr 2007

i was at best buy today, everybody was in the blu-ray section, kind of crammed. i actually went through the hd dvd section and kind of marked off in my mind what type of titles would be there without warner. its awful, they got transformers, bourne, king kong, and some lame comedies, thats it.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #9

Nov 2007
Raccoon City
Default SBrooks1

Good job informing consumers with little knowledge of the Hi-def formats and the war. They have the right to know what they are getting into now and in the long run. I have heard a lot of stories of HD DVD fanboys working at stores like Best Buy and spreading false info. They need to be stopped and fired.

Long live Blu and all its magnificent titles.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #10
Special Member

Dec 2006
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by broganreynik View Post
man, i was in Best Buy today, looking to get Pirates: AWE and for the first time I've been there, there was more than one person looking at the Blus...but then I went to the side of the new release DVDs (hoping to find AWE) and that's where the HD-DVDs are, there were 3 couples looking at them and one older guy and he had like 4 HD-DVDs in his hands, I felt bad for them, because they obviously hadn't heard the announcement yesterday, but I didn't have the heart to tell them they were buying into a dead format.
Why not? The more we all help and inform people, the quicker we get to one format and advancement of Blu.
8 Panasonic plasmas
Old 01-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6 Z06 View Post
Why not? The more we all help and inform people, the quicker we get to one format and advancement of Blu.
that's true, i never thought of it that way. i'll have to keep that in mind when i go in to pick up The Rock, Con Air and 3:10 to Yuma.
Most Wanted on Blu: Before Sunrise/Sunset The Human Condition The Shootist McCabe and Mrs. Miller Judgment at Nuremberg Scarecrow Le Samouraļ Arsenic and Old Lace Roman Holiday Matchstick Men Solaris (2002) Requiem for a Heavyweight Man in the Shadow Bad Company (1972) The Friends of Eddie Coyle Return to Snowy River As I Lay Dying Narc Me and Orson Welles Big Fan Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Old 01-05-2008, 10:06 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Quote:

Keep up the great work. The customers need to be aware of the recent news. I am also doing my part and informing as many people as I can.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:57 PM   #13
Power Member

Aug 2007
Livermore, CA

Quote:

Hello fellow Best Buy associate!
Our store has a few hardcore HD DVD nuts in the Mag room so today I got to do the 'Who is wrong, who is right' dance. It was quite fun.
Ohhh everybody wants my Nummy Yum Yums~
Old 01-05-2008, 11:36 PM   #14
Power Member

Sep 2007
Northern California

At Best Buy today these two guys were walking by a huge stack of PS3s and said "look at all the PS3s that don't sell"...I felt like telling them to F@*# off. It's silly that someone else's stupidity would make me so angry, but I just don't get all the PS3 hate.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #15
Power Member

Aug 2007
Livermore, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grisle View Post
At Best Buy today these two guys were walking by a huge stack of PS3s and said "look at all the PS3s that don't sell"...I felt like telling them to F@*# off. It's silly that someone else's stupidity would make me so angry, but I just don't get all the PS3 hate.
Agreed. Oh well, though. Give it a year and there will be no choice but to get one if you want any (decent) new games!
Ohhh everybody wants my Nummy Yum Yums~
Old 01-06-2008, 12:26 AM   #16
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Good job.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:41 AM   #17

Oct 2007
Myrtle Beach
Default Ignorance is bliss...I guess

I'm a CA at Best Buy and our DI sup said today, " Microsoft won't let HDDVD die." I was speechless... ignorance
Sony kdl46xbr2
Denon 3808
Panamax 5400pm
80gig ps3
Klipsch RF-82 7.1 system

"You're my boy Blu."
Old 01-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #18

Oct 2007
Myrtle Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunke101 View Post
I'm a CA at Best Buy and our DI sup said today, " Microsoft won't let HDDVD die." I was speechless... ignorance
Plus we sold out of s300s today! Very Exciting and had a lot of hddvd returns
Sony kdl46xbr2
Denon 3808
Panamax 5400pm
80gig ps3
Klipsch RF-82 7.1 system

"You're my boy Blu."
Old 01-06-2008, 12:59 AM   #19
Special Member

Jan 2007
Edmonton, Alberta PSN: Slackr

good work. i have yet to tell anyone about this since everytime i go to bestbuy there is no one in the hd dud section and have seen nobody looking at the hd players either. so i guess my work had already been done
Homer Simpson - "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try."
Old 01-06-2008, 12:59 AM   #20

Nov 2007
Dallas, Texas

Went to the Best Buy in Irving Texas tonight and the sales guy I usually talk with there hadn't heard about Warner and New Line yet. I asked him if they had the clearance table ready for the A3's yet He said you mean the A2's and that's when I told him about Warner and New Line going exclusive blue. He thanked me for the info so hopefully he won't be pushing any more of that junk before it goes on close out.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America