Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Night of the Living Dead (Blu-ray)
$18.31
Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
NFL Super Bowl 52 Champions (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Post (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 Things I Hate About You (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Theory of Everything (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Peter Capaldi Years (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Star Wars: Episodes IV-VI (Blu-ray)
$18.55
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Passion of Joan of Arc (Blu-ray)
$19.80
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 01-28-2018, 04:52 AM   #1

May 2015
Default JB Hi-Fi "We are unable to retrieve Click & Collect options right now."

I'm trying to buy a bunch of movies on their website and when I click on the Click & Collect option it tells me "We are unable to retrieve Click & Collect options right now. Please try again later."

I got this same message about 2 months ago when I was trying to make a purchase. I checked back later that day, and then the next day and got the same thing. It happened again in December. Both times I ended up just having them delivered which was around $20 which I could've bought several more movies with.

I rang today to find out why this kept happening and they didn't have an answer for me.

I've had so many problems now with JB Hi-Fi. Because this is such a good sale I'm willing to pay the delivery fee, but this will be the last time.

Also, now instead of movies being delivered in the mail, they get Toll to deliver every individual movie rather than just using Toll for bulk deliveries so I'm getting half a dozen or more individual deliveries from Toll at all times of the day when I'm not here and I have to go out to the New Agency to pick my movies up even though I've paid for delivery. It's just ridiculous.

From now on, I'm just gonna go into the store to buy what I want and if they don't have what I'm looking for which they often don't then I'm SOL and JWF.

I've bought at-least 100 movies from JB Hi-Fi over the last few years through their website (and about 200 more in store) and have had so many problems with deliveries and damaged cases arriving in the mail. There's no good reason they can't give you a reduced price when you order a bulk lot of 30 or so movies that they just cram into a box with very little protection rather than charging the price of every individual item.

Has anyone else contacted JB about this Click & Collect issue?
Old 01-28-2018, 09:16 AM   #2
Expert Member

May 2016
Australia

I successfully used Click and Collect during the post-Christmas sale, for two different orders at two different stores.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:14 AM   #3

Nov 2017
Australia

When there is enough prior warning before the sales I just go into JB and order all the movies that I want that they don't have in stock then I go and buy them during the sale which cuts out the postage and I have them in my hand as soon as I pay. I'm not sure if this will work at every store (can't see why not) but it is certainly worth a try. I know one of the girls that works in the DVD/BR section at my local JB and she is happy to do it I just go in and tell her what In am after and she just goes over to the computer and orders it in for me and they are usually there within 2 to 3 days.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:58 AM   #4

Jun 2009
Australia

They changed their checkout out so you can't click and collect unless every item in your cart is available for instore pickup
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia