Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
South Park: The Complete Twentieth Season (Blu-ray)
C$16.99
Once Upon a Time in America (Blu-ray)
C$10.99
The Shape of Water (Blu-ray)
C$24.99
The Fate of the Furious (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
Bambi (Blu-ray)
C$17.96
The Lion King (Blu-ray)
C$17.96
Brimstone (Blu-ray)
C$7.99
Romeo Must Die (Blu-ray)
C$9.99
Fifty Shades Freed (Blu-ray)
C$19.96
Kickboxer: Retaliation (Blu-ray)
C$14.96
A Little Chaos (Blu-ray)
C$15.99
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Blu-ray)
C$17.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada

Old 02-01-2018, 07:13 PM   #1
Expert Member

Jun 2015
Great White North
Default Fentanyl and Customs Agents

Most Canucks are aware of the Fentanyl scare mania throughout the country as it is on the news every day.
Listened to an interview today on the radio with a customs agent.
Most important info; When you buy a blu/dvd/steel, item, etc.. from east Asia, you might wish to ensure the seller is putting their return info on the package or it will probably be opened, as in ALL of it opened, including Blu case.
Now I've always received my packages with a Customs Declaration attached and that info always appears but if somehow a person sends one without, well, see initial point.
Also, a Customs Dec doesn't prevent open searches so if you receive a requested item sealed and it arrives opened, it could have been Customs.
I think most of us know this but it's not a bad thing to repeat it.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:16 PM   #2
Contributor

Aug 2011

in all the years of ordering things over seas i've only ever had 3 packages opened by customs and they never open the actual item.

i had one a few months ago the guy from the uk didn't even bother to fill out the customs forum and they didn't seem to worried about opening it to check.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:38 AM   #3
Expert Member

Jun 2015
Great White North

I'm just relaying what I heard friend. The times, they are a changin'...
Old 02-02-2018, 12:38 AM   #4

Sep 2017

I think most of Richmond BC customs agents are using fentanyl, the length of time it takes for things to clear that port is ridiculous, and frankly unacceptable for a nation that does so much trade with China.
Thanks given by:
Dex Robinson (02-04-2018), Gorgon (02-02-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 12:21 AM   #5

Sep 2008
Vancouver, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadguy2322 View Post
I think most of Richmond BC customs agents are using fentanyl, the length of time it takes for things to clear that port is ridiculous, and frankly unacceptable for a nation that does so much trade with China.
Unfortunately, mail from all foreign countries has been slowed down because of the backlog of customs clearances. Air Mail parcels that would arrive from the US or UK within a couple of weeks now take more than a month. One parcel of mine shipped from England via International Priority Air Mail took over two months to arrive.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:51 PM   #6

Sep 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrouette View Post
Unfortunately, mail from all foreign countries has been slowed down because of the backlog of customs clearances. Air Mail parcels that would arrive from the US or UK within a couple of weeks now take more than a month. One parcel of mine shipped from England via International Priority Air Mail took over two months to arrive.
This country has third-world postal service and we pay way too much for it thanks to sweetheart deals given to the unions. We should demand better, but people voted in an idiot who thinks changing our national anthem was a higher priority than the economy, just because his last name gave them a boner.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:54 AM   #7

Dec 2010
Burnaby, BC, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrouette View Post
Same situation with me too. CDs ordered from US on Dec 22, still haven't arrived (Vancouver) after more than 45 days. Discs ordered from UK on Jan 5, also no show. But another ordered from US on Jan 24, arrived today Feb 8 without delay. I really don't know where my previously ordered items are actually lost or still with Customs? Doesn't make sense at all.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:14 PM   #8

Sep 2008
Vancouver, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu.0606 View Post
Same situation with me too. CDs ordered from US on Dec 22, still haven't arrived (Vancouver) after more than 45 days. Discs ordered from UK on Jan 5, also no show. But another ordered from US on Jan 24, arrived today Feb 8 without delay. I really don't know where my previously ordered items are actually lost or still with Customs? Doesn't make sense at all.
For what it's worth, I have yet to have a package lost by Canada Post. I have always eventually received them, even after more than two months. It just takes a lot more patience than it did before.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:16 PM   #9
Special Member

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Personally, I haven't noticed any delays. I've been ordering quite a few things, both from the US and overseas (Amazon UK, DE, IT) and most of it I've received very quickly. so much so that I'm usually left impressed. US parcels tend to take 1-1.5 weeks, while European stuff tends to be 2-3 (though the majority have been closer to 2 than 3). I ordered a few 4K blu-rays from Amazon Japan in December... I ordered them on a Saturday and received them 2 days later, on Monday afternoon. I only wish Amazon Canada were so fast. A recent order from RoninFlix in the US took less than a week to get to me.

But then, I'm in Toronto. I'm sure Canada Post is putting greater focus on Vancouver, as much more stuff would be arriving there from China and other countries that export a lot of illegal goods/narcotics. The only items I've ordered in the past 6 months that took a little longer than I was used to to get here were some Blu-rays from JB Hi-Fi in Australia (4-5 weeks). However, that was the first time I've ever ordered anything from that country so I have no idea what the typical timeline is.
LG OLED65E6P, Oppo UDP-203 & Denon AVR-X7200WA.
Polk RTiA9 (x2) Front L/R, CSiA6 Center, RTiA5 (x2) Surround L/R, DSW PRO 660 wi Subwoofer

Last edited by TM2-Megatron; 02-11-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:35 AM   #10

Sep 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
Personally, I haven't noticed any delays. I've been ordering quite a few things, both from the US and overseas (Amazon UK, DE, IT) and most of it I've received very quickly. so much so that I'm usually left impressed. US parcels tend to take 1-1.5 weeks, while European stuff tends to be 2-3 (though the majority have been closer to 2 than 3). I ordered a few 4K blu-rays from Amazon Japan in December... I ordered them on a Saturday and received them 2 days later, on Monday afternoon. I only wish Amazon Canada were so fast. A recent order from RoninFlix in the US took less than a week to get to me.

But then, I'm in Toronto. I'm sure Canada Post is putting greater focus on Vancouver, as much more stuff would be arriving there from China and other countries that export a lot of illegal goods/narcotics. The only items I've ordered in the past 6 months that took a little longer than I was used to to get here were some Blu-rays from JB Hi-Fi in Australia (4-5 weeks). However, that was the first time I've ever ordered anything from that country so I have no idea what the typical timeline is.
That 4 to 5 weeks was likely one week in transit at most, followed by weeks languishing in Langley. Itís ridiculous. I am still waiting for 4 items that arrived there in November, FFS.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:12 PM   #11
Special Member

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Probably so... flights only take so long between Australia and Canada, after all. So one way or another, it was sitting in one country or the other for several weeks. However, I got it in the end and no worse for wear. It was sent using the cheapest, basic shipping option and I have no complaints.

The real blame here lies with the criminals responsible for fentanyl, both at home and abroad. It's bad enough in the form people ingest, but in the concentrated form it's sent in, very strict safety protocols have to be maintained which I imagine is the reason for most of the delays. And above those criminals, our illustrious leaders (left and right alike) who are criminals themselves and do nothing about the poverty that leads to these drugs being in high demand.
LG OLED65E6P, Oppo UDP-203 & Denon AVR-X7200WA.
Polk RTiA9 (x2) Front L/R, CSiA6 Center, RTiA5 (x2) Surround L/R, DSW PRO 660 wi Subwoofer
Old 02-19-2018, 09:57 PM   #12

Feb 2018
Michigan

This is interesting to read. I'm not from Canada but am following the fentanyl issue and I was wondering how it may effect shipping and selling in other countries.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada