Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Duel in the Sun (Roadshow Edit… $13.33 (3 hours left)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
£25.00
Singin' in the Rain (Blu-ray)
£4.99
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
£4.99
Ice Cold in Alex (Blu-ray)
£14.99
The LEGO Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
£7.46
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (Blu-ray)
£12.99
Tom of Finland (Blu-ray)
£8.99
Ship of Fools (Blu-ray)
£14.99
The 15:17 to Paris (Blu-ray)
£14.99
The Vow (Blu-ray)
£2.24
The Boneyard (Blu-ray)
£12.99
The Goalie's Anxiety at the Penalty Kick (Blu-ray)
£15.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 02-04-2018, 02:28 AM   #1

Sep 2017
London
United Kingdom Grizzly (1976) UK 88Films

88 Films are releasing this on 14th May in the UK. There was no thread for this release of the film so I thought I'd start one. It doesn't appear there are any extras included with this release but it's a reasonable price and I'm assuming that it is the same transfer that Scorpion put out for their limited release in the US.

I don't know if they will include the filtered and unfiltered versions on this disc or whether any further work has been done with the transfer but I have pre-ordered anyway. This is one of those films that is a guilty pleasure for me as I saw it originally in theatres when it first came out. I was 9 at the time and as a 9 year old I couldn't see it with those critical adult eyes of today so it's definitely just a nostalgia trip. Good memories and all that. It's pretty cheesy and silly I suppose but I still get a kick out of it just for the pure hell of it. Will be interested to see how it looks when released as the only other version I ever owned of this was the 2 disc Shriek DVD from several years ago. In any case, it's good for a laugh.

B079BDVMZ9_1400x.jpg
Home Theatre: Professionally calibrated LG 4k OLED 55" E6V TV- OPPO UDP 203 4k Bluray player - Denon AVR X2400H - Onkyo 5.1.2 speaker package.

4k UHDs most wanted: Jaws, The Exorcist, Jurassic Park, The Towering Inferno, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Psycho, The Shining, Alien, Aliens, True Romance, Halloween, Dog Day Afternoon, Titanic, Poltergeist, The Shawshank Redemption, The Descent.
Blurays most wanted: The Devils (Director's Cut) (4kUHD too) Full Circle(1977)

Last edited by SplitScreen; 02-04-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Thanks given by:
Simon Lewis (02-04-2018), Ste7en (02-04-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 08:06 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2013
Durham, UK

I've always loved Grizzly. Like you I saw it at the cinema when I was a kid (IIRC it was on a double bill with Drive-In). My mother would take me to see monster movies while my dad took my brother to see Swiss Family Robinson ones

Looking forward to this release. I also have the Shriek Show DVD and the Scorpion BD but I'll be picking this one up as well.
Thanks given by:
SplitScreen (02-04-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 12:09 PM   #3

Sep 2017
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste7en View Post
I've always loved Grizzly. Like you I saw it at the cinema when I was a kid (IIRC it was on a double bill with Drive-In). My mother would take me to see monster movies while my dad took my brother to see Swiss Family Robinson ones

Looking forward to this release. I also have the Shriek Show DVD and the Scorpion BD but I'll be picking this one up as well.
Yeah, it was great seeing this first time around in a packed theatre. I think you're right about the double bill with Drive-In, but I honestly don't remember that film for some reason. I never wanted to see the family type movies so it was always my brother who took me to these kinds of films. My parents were never interested. Same with Jaws. I saw that first time around too (the year before) and it started my love of scary movies etc.

How is the Scorpion release version btw? Is it worth picking up also?
Home Theatre: Professionally calibrated LG 4k OLED 55" E6V TV- OPPO UDP 203 4k Bluray player - Denon AVR X2400H - Onkyo 5.1.2 speaker package.

4k UHDs most wanted: Jaws, The Exorcist, Jurassic Park, The Towering Inferno, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Psycho, The Shining, Alien, Aliens, True Romance, Halloween, Dog Day Afternoon, Titanic, Poltergeist, The Shawshank Redemption, The Descent.
Blurays most wanted: The Devils (Director's Cut) (4kUHD too) Full Circle(1977)
Thanks given by:
Ste7en (02-04-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 12:23 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2013
Durham, UK

To be honest I haven't had a chance to watch it yet
Thanks given by:
SplitScreen (02-04-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #5

Dec 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste7en View Post

Reminds me of when I was 8(ish) and how my Gran would rent me the likes of Alien, Company of Wolves, Halloween and, erm, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes while my Dad would insist on something from the kid's/family section.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland