Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Fringe: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$67.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Moebius (Blu-ray)
$17.97
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-06-2008, 08:54 PM   #1

Feb 2008
Default Planet Terror Blu Ray?

Can any of you confirm this release?
http://www.amazon.de/Planet-Terror-B.../dp/B0011V7EV0

I can't seem to find it posted any where else... hopefully amazon.de have their facts right!
Old 02-06-2008, 09:59 PM   #2
Power Member

Jan 2007
Northern, NJ

They should have their facts right and this one should be coming out.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:00 PM   #3

May 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness7 View Post
They should have their facts right and this one should be coming out.
To cool for school!!!
200+ BD's [and counting...]
500+ DVD's(stopped counting)
33 PS3 games
PS3 60gb
SONY 50" KDS-50A2000
SONY STR-DG1000 Receiver 7.1
Polk Surround Bar w/12" Sub
Monster Power Conditioner
Old 02-06-2008, 10:34 PM   #4

Oct 2007

In my opinion Grindhouse was one of the best movies of 2007. That being said, I certainly do not thing the individual movies by themselves are worth my time. The experience of the bad trailers with the lobby screens with both as a double feature is fried gold, and the sum is certainly much greater than the parts. I will only buy this (on any format) when I can get the U.S. theatrical release as intended.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Minnesota
Send a message via AIM to Minimejer05 Send a message via MSN to Minimejer05 Send a message via Yahoo to Minimejer05 Send a message via Skype™ to Minimejer05

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVH View Post
In my opinion Grindhouse was one of the best movies of 2007. That being said, I certainly do not thing the individual movies by themselves are worth my time. The experience of the bad trailers with the lobby screens with both as a double feature is fried gold, and the sum is certainly much greater than the parts. I will only buy this (on any format) when I can get the U.S. theatrical release as intended.
Amen! See thats why im not sure if Blu is the way to go. I mean the point is to have OLD scratched up film..wouldnt it be useless in high def? I guess the surround sound and such would be worth it tho.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #6
Expert Member

Nov 2007
San Diego, CA
Send a message via Yahoo to miokti

I agree, somewhat... the films are intentionally made to look old, scratched and worn. You think we get lots of "grain" threads about 300 now? Wait 'til Grindhouse comes out on Blu... I say 'somewhat' because HD scratches still look better than standard scratches... and the audio will surely be better.
PS3 60G
BD Movies - 74
PS3 Games - 3
People Converted to Blu: 3
this is my signature, it's blu
Old 02-06-2008, 10:46 PM   #7

Jun 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow

If tony has it at XC and i remember reading somewhere he plans on it im buying it as soon as its up for sale.

i loved it 10/10 for me
47 inch 1080p LG LCD - DMP BDT 300 GN
27 inch 720p Samsung LCD - Samsung Bluray Player
Old 02-06-2008, 10:53 PM   #8

Jan 2007
Canada
Send a message via AIM to ccplant

It looks like Death Proof is also available.

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_ss_d?_...0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

Man they need to release the theatrical version with all the trailers. I hated how the separated the movies. Plus I think you can slap a 3 hour flick onto a blu-ray disc with uncompessed audio.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #9
Banned

Jan 2008

I can't wait. Grindhouse was a fantastic experience. Did anybody else hear that Robert Rodrigez is going to remake "Barbarella"? I highly anticipate that one
Old 02-06-2008, 11:03 PM   #10
Power Member

Sep 2007
Chicago, IL
Send a message via AIM to DealsR4theDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccplant View Post
It looks like Death Proof is also available.

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_ss_d?_...0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

Man they need to release the theatrical version with all the trailers. I hated how the separated the movies. Plus I think you can slap a 3 hour flick onto a blu-ray disc with uncompessed audio.
They did this because no one went to theaters to see it. I was there on opening night with 2 friends and counting the 3 of us, there were 5 people in the theater (and this theater is usually full on opening nights). Weinstein decided that people werent willing to sit for 6 hours straight and were led to the conclusion that this would carry over to dvd. I am sure that they will release the theatrical version eventually, but I wouldn't expect it for a while.

Everyone that didnt go see it in theaters is to blame for the split!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:32 AM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Cali
Send a message via AIM to JonD7 Send a message via MSN to JonD7 Send a message via Yahoo to JonD7

i'd sell my soul to have this film on Blu but I think i'll wait for a US release... *hangs head*
Old 02-07-2008, 01:51 AM   #12

Dec 2007
Bowling Green, Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimejer05 View Post
Amen! See thats why im not sure if Blu is the way to go. I mean the point is to have OLD scratched up film..wouldnt it be useless in high def? I guess the surround sound and such would be worth it tho.
My thoughts exactly. The 7.1 surround, etc. would be a nice touch (if it supports it) but I already have both the Grindhouse features (steelbook limited editions to boot) and I don't think I will ever buy them again unless they're put together. Why haven't they listened to the fans and put them into one package with the trailers? I'd gladly pay above the price for one movie if I could get the whole FEATURE! ARGH!
My Home Theater Set Up - 80g PlayStation 3 (MGS4 Bundle) & 50" Panasonic Plasma (TH-50PZ800U)

[BD - 65] [DVD - 181] [PS3 - 21] [PS2 - 62]

"I shot him...with a small revolver...I keep near my balls" -Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Old 02-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #13

Oct 2007
Ireland

At least in america you got the real Grindhouse experience, over here in Europe it was cut into two movies with most of the trailers cut aswell. The only one i remember seeing was Machete
"Well another studio down. Maybe I was right? Blu ray is just better. HD will die a slow death.....Have faith people Transformers will come out in Blu-ray one day!"
Bay

PS3 60GB
42" Philips 42PF7621D/10
5 PS3 Games
16 Blu-Ray movies (lots on order)
Old 02-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #14

Jan 2008
MD

Planet Terror and Death Proof were my last two feature film DVD purchases. I'd like to see them go Blu.
Folks bothered by other folks not using the "Search" function probably spend more time talking about Blu than actually watching them.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:46 PM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Seattle, WA.

"Planet Terror" is a magnificent dark comedy/Zombie/Action flick. I'll have to get "Death Proof" soon. Need all Grindhouse movies...

Are there any other Grindhouse films?
JVC 1080p 70" TV, Onkyo 805 Receiver, Panny BD30 Blu-ray Player, Infinity Tower Speakers & Center Channel, Boston Acoustic Tower Surrounds, Definitive Audio "Reference Series" SuperCube 1800 Watt Subwoofer.

Hobbies: Theoretical Quantum Physics/Mechanics, String Theory Supportive Evidence, Particle Accelerator Dark Matter/Dark Energy Gravity Wave Confinements in linear Space/Time displacement fields, Sub-Atomic Particle Annihilation and Micro-Black Hole hyper gravity analysis.

Last edited by Marcusarilius; 02-12-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:58 PM   #16
Power Member

Aug 2007
SoCal

Looks about right, you can pre-order them both already in Germany.

Death Proof - March 23 release
Planet Terror - June 2 release

Quite pricey though and I am not sure if they will be region free.
Anyone know of other UFA releases?
Life is just a form of animated death.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:03 AM   #17
Banned

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcusarilius View Post
"Planet Terror" is a magnificent dark comedy/Zombie/Action flick. I'll have to get "Death Proof" soon. Need all Grindhouse movies...

Are there any other Grindhouse films?
If you mean ones by Q.T./R.R. the answer is no. But there are alot of Grindhouse Genre movies that they got their inspiration from right here

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_d?...rds=grindhouse
Old 02-13-2008, 12:11 AM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Seattle, WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Beard View Post
If you mean ones by Q.T./R.R. the answer is no. But there are alot of Grindhouse Genre movies that they got their inspiration from right here

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_d?...rds=grindhouse
Thank you Blu-beard. thats an awsome list! Well, there goes my tax refund and then some...
JVC 1080p 70" TV, Onkyo 805 Receiver, Panny BD30 Blu-ray Player, Infinity Tower Speakers & Center Channel, Boston Acoustic Tower Surrounds, Definitive Audio "Reference Series" SuperCube 1800 Watt Subwoofer.

Hobbies: Theoretical Quantum Physics/Mechanics, String Theory Supportive Evidence, Particle Accelerator Dark Matter/Dark Energy Gravity Wave Confinements in linear Space/Time displacement fields, Sub-Atomic Particle Annihilation and Micro-Black Hole hyper gravity analysis.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:14 AM   #19
Banned

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcusarilius View Post
Thank you Blu-beard. thats an awsome list! Well, there goes my tax refund and then some...
No prob. Some nice prices on 'em huh

Im gonna see if I can find some recomendations directly from Q.T./R.R.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:16 AM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Seattle, WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Beard View Post
No prob. Some nice prices on 'em huh
Yup! Going to pick up a bunch of awesome trash flicks from this Amazon link. Thank you very much!

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America