Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
XBlaze Lost: Memories (PS3)
$18.44
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$13.99
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$7.99
Monster High New Ghoul In School (PS3)
$32.69
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! (PS3)
$16.08
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS3)
$14.99
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
$17.54
Record of Agarest War 2 (PS3)
$14.31
The Last of Us (PS3)
$18.88
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 02-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #21
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerios View Post
idk maybe its just me i think you need some color text in your OP to make it more pleasing to the eyes and easier seperated... i think what youre doing is great though.. you dont talk to me nemore
I replied to your suggestion with me closing the other thread!

I'll see what I can do with the formating on here as I agree it needs some 'spicing up'.

I wish I could quit you!
"The word fan is an obsolete word to me. It means two thing: fantastic or fanatic. Or something that hangs on a ceiling or sits on a table and blows wind in your face." - Gary Busey
Old 02-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Around

Wait wait wait! So Mike, you can use a vaccum to get the dust out without even opening the PS3? What do you just suck it out the top like here?:

"Big things have small beginnings...."

Pigeon Boys #04
Old 02-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #23
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksworl View Post
Wait wait wait! So Mike, you can use a vaccum to get the dust out without even opening the PS3? What do you just suck it out the top like here?:

Correct! Also you can run an attachment along the side vents as well.

Now will this get all the dust out? More than likely no. However its the safest way to get dust out without opening your PS3.

Though the top part won't do much as the Blu-ray disc drive is pretty much blocking that vent, do the lower one.
"The word fan is an obsolete word to me. It means two thing: fantastic or fanatic. Or something that hangs on a ceiling or sits on a table and blows wind in your face." - Gary Busey

Last edited by Marine Mike; 02-12-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Irving, TX PSNetwork: Xerios
Send a message via AIM to Xerios Send a message via MSN to Xerios

you new ps3 owners have it so easy to open yours.. im pretty sure my BC 60gig doesnt have a rubber tab to just pop the top off like pringles
Blu's: 276
PS4 Games: 7 (Physical) 7 (Downloadable)
3/14 PS4 Games 100% Complete

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Xerios.png
Old 02-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #25
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
you new ps3 owners have it so easy to open yours.. im pretty sure my BC 60gig doesnt have a rubber tab to just pop the top off like pringles
Lol getting that rubber tab off for the first time is more difficult than I led on to in my video.

Also, all models of the PS3 have it.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Mike View Post
Correct! Also you can run an attachment along the side vents as well.

Now will this get all the dust out? More than likely no. However its the safest way to get dust out without opening your PS3.

Though the top part won't do much as the Blu-ray disc drive is pretty much blocking that vent, do the lower one.
Sweet, thanks Mike. Will try when i get home
"Big things have small beginnings...."

Pigeon Boys #04
Old 02-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #27
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008

idk mike, ive looked mine up and down several times.. ill check again when i go home.. id like to blow all the dust out and off of my ps3...

Old 02-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #28
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
idk mike, ive looked mine up and down several times.. ill check again when i go home.. id like to blow all the dust out and off of my ps3...
Ohhhh thats right! Its hidden behind your warranty sticker!
Old 02-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008

HAH could you imagine.. well ive have mine for close to 2 years now, but i have a 3 yr warranty with target.. if i open it does it void targets? not to mention i manged to strip every screw when i upgraded my hard drive, so the cage just sits in there lol

Old 02-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #30
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
HAH could you imagine.. well ive have mine for close to 2 years now, but i have a 3 yr warranty with target.. if i open it does it void targets? not to mention i manged to strip every screw when i upgraded my hard drive, so the cage just sits in there lol
Thats something you would need to contact Target about, but my guess is yes it would void it if you remove the sticker.

Though upgrading your hard drive doesn't void the Sony warranty, but it may void Target's.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008

thats not an issue the drive, if it ever broke id throw the original drive in and buy 4 new screws so it looks right =P

Old 02-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #32
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
thats not an issue the drive, if it ever broke id throw the original drive in and buy 4 new screws so it looks right =P
Not everyone keeps the original drive.

Though right now my replaced drive is sitting in an external enclosure serving as a nice coaster on my coffee table waiting to be used for other than menial labor.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #33
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008

i want a 5 terabyte ipod... so i can fit all my music and movies and tv shows.. =P it wont happen though or itd be huge

Old 02-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #34

Jun 2007

ummmm, leeeetle bit of a problem.

Opened up the PS3 lastnight just for the hell of it (wel, actually to check for dust).
I've had an issue since I bought it where I'd get green sparklies, or occasionally an entirely green screen.
Not sure if it was due to a rubbish HDMI-DVi cable or a graphics card issue... and my reluctance to hand it in within the 1 year warranty (before March 2008) means that I'm probably stuck with it now. My fault.

Anyway, aside from hoping the thing still works, I'm trying to put the top cover back on and the little metal tab and screw that you need to use an Alan key on (or a screw driver and some brute force ) seems to be creating an issue.

I can't get the cover to slide on perfectly flush with the rest of the unit anymore! it seems to be between 1 - 2 mm off due to the thickness of the metal, but when I remove it and just slide it on it fits perfectly flush... wth am I doing wrong?
Old 02-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #35
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjan_uk View Post
ummmm, leeeetle bit of a problem.

Opened up the PS3 lastnight just for the hell of it (wel, actually to check for dust).
I've had an issue since I bought it where I'd get green sparklies, or occasionally an entirely green screen.
Not sure if it was due to a rubbish HDMI-DVi cable or a graphics card issue... and my reluctance to hand it in within the 1 year warranty (before March 2008) means that I'm probably stuck with it now. My fault.

Anyway, aside from hoping the thing still works, I'm trying to put the top cover back on and the little metal tab and screw that you need to use an Alan key on (or a screw driver and some brute force ) seems to be creating an issue.

I can't get the cover to slide on perfectly flush with the rest of the unit anymore! it seems to be between 1 - 2 mm off due to the thickness of the metal, but when I remove it and just slide it on it fits perfectly flush... wth am I doing wrong?
First, did dusting your PS3 fix the green screen issue? It does in fact sound like a connection issue and I recommend trying a different cable (even if its not HDMI) to see if you still get that problem.

Now for the top piece, before you can screw back in the screw you need to have the top part slide perfect in place.

Do you have the top half of the PS3 securely screwed in with all the screws screwed back in place?
Old 02-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #36
Super Moderator

Nov 2006

Stickied, and OP edited.
Free at last...
Old 02-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #37
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpower1987 View Post
Stickied, and OP edited.
Thank you for the sticky! Also, good call on the edit, lol.

I forgot that people try to replace the laser themselves without reading my guide first and then come back saying that they broke something and need my help.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #38

Jun 2007

Okay, so the tab is as above, and the result is as above (not flush). The screws are all in and pretty secure.
It only seems flush when I remove the metal tab.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #39
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

I checked my PS3 and it doesn't have that tab.

Then again I leave my security screw out and haven't tried to screw it back on as I haven't seen the point to.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #40
Power Member

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Mike View Post
Once someone reports here that they are having it, I can definately try to troubleshoot it with them.
I have it.
Sony KDL-46V3000|Sony KDL-46EX700 | Onkyo 606|250Gb PS3
Polk CS10 Center|Polk TSi100 Rears | Polk TSi300 Fronts | Polk PSW111
PSN:Therickus ....add me
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3