Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.59
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$8.00
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$17.49
Record of Agarest War 2 (PS3)
$13.15
The Last of Us (PS3)
$18.88
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
$17.54
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 02-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #41
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therickus View Post
I have it.
So what exactly happens when you turn on your PS3?
"The word fan is an obsolete word to me. It means two thing: fantastic or fanatic. Or something that hangs on a ceiling or sits on a table and blows wind in your face." - Gary Busey
Old 02-13-2009, 04:22 AM   #42
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Added fix: You are looking to save room on your hard drive and you need to know what to and not delete.
"The word fan is an obsolete word to me. It means two thing: fantastic or fanatic. Or something that hangs on a ceiling or sits on a table and blows wind in your face." - Gary Busey
Old 02-13-2009, 04:58 AM   #43
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Added my YouTube link to: Your Blu-ray disc drive will not eject the disc or it will not accept discs.

Added picture link to: Eject button not working.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:16 AM   #44
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Added fix: How many times can I redownload an item from the Playstation Store? (gave appropriate credit to Shin-ra for providing the answer)
Old 02-14-2009, 12:29 AM   #45

Feb 2009

Hi Marine Mike I checked out your new vid on youtube. It helped me a bit, but theres something I want to ask about. I noticed in the vid you said something about if you push the disc all the way in you would have to start the ps3 up and eject the disc.

Okay well when I took my ps3 apart I had to take it apart because the PS3 wasn't ejecting my disc. Now when it starts up it seems like it thinks a disc is still in there. Is this those "serious complications" you were referring to in the vid?
Old 02-14-2009, 02:31 AM   #46
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi1327 View Post
Hi Marine Mike I checked out your new vid on youtube. It helped me a bit, but theres something I want to ask about. I noticed in the vid you said something about if you push the disc all the way in you would have to start the ps3 up and eject the disc.

Okay well when I took my ps3 apart I had to take it apart because the PS3 wasn't ejecting my disc. Now when it starts up it seems like it thinks a disc is still in there. Is this those "serious complications" you were referring to in the vid?
Absolutely.

Alright, now after watching the video are you able to put discs in and out?
Old 02-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #47

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Mike View Post
Absolutely.

Alright, now after watching the video are you able to put discs in and out?
Nah I still can't.

I made a video to show you what my ps3 does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUz7FL-eLfA
Old 02-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #48

Feb 2009

Well nevermind I finally figured out my problem. The black cable on the red and black cable thats connected to the type of the blu ray driver is broken. That sucks...so i guess imma be shelling out 150$ to get it fixed lol. Thanks for the help tho marine mike, I really appreciate it.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #49
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi1327 View Post
Well nevermind I finally figured out my problem. The black cable on the red and black cable thats connected to the type of the blu ray driver is broken. That sucks...so i guess imma be shelling out 150$ to get it fixed lol. Thanks for the help tho marine mike, I really appreciate it.
Well I'm glad that I was able to help where I was. If its a broken cable then yeah, theres really nothing else you can do. If you need help or just want to chat just come on back!
Old 02-15-2009, 06:34 PM   #50
The Digital Bits

Jul 2008

I'd google around, there are people out there selling replacement parts from PS3s they've bought and broken down. You could probably get your cable for $20 or so
Old 02-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Irving, TX PSNetwork: Xerios
Send a message via AIM to Xerios Send a message via MSN to Xerios

hey mike,

Im 2 weeks away from hitting my 2 year aniversary with my first and only ps3. A backwards compatible 60 gig and i finally have an issue. Maybe you and anyone else here and hear me out and make some suggestions. Following this post i will post in detail everything you could possibly want to know about my ps3 and issue at hand. Thanks in advance

~Xerios Jok3r
Blu's: 276
PS4 Games: 7 (Physical) 7 (Downloadable)
3/14 PS4 Games 100% Complete

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Xerios.png
Old 02-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #52
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerios View Post
hey mike,

Im 2 weeks away from hitting my 2 year aniversary with my first and only ps3. A backwards compatible 60 gig and i finally have an issue. Maybe you and anyone else here and hear me out and make some suggestions. Following this post i will post in detail everything you could possibly want to know about my ps3 and issue at hand. Thanks in advance

~Xerios Jok3r
Wow it must be a huge issue as you haven't replied back yet.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #53
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008

nah i ended up going on the road to do some work haha i just wanna be as detailed as possible too

Old 02-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #54
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008

Legend:
Blue is what i believe is Irrevelant to the issue
Red is a physical change or a possible reason for issue

Facts:
  • I've had my PS3 for roughly 1 year and 11 months.
  • I play it close to 20 hours a week on average since ive owned it.
  • It has been and will continue to be in an open environment (not an enclosed stand or anything).
  • I've taken it to a relatives / friends house before.
  • It's hooked up vis HDMI to my TV and Optical to my Receiver.
  • The issue began less than 1 week ago
  • The issue began after i set up and started using remote play.
  • I upgraded the hard drive roughly 5 months after owning my ps3 to a 320gb
  • I have never had any other issue other than the one currently at hand.
  • After replacing the hard drive i managed to strip all the screws for the cage so it just sits in the cage. Has never been an issue before.

Issue:
The hard drive has been running louder than ever. This issue began after i set up remote play with the option of being able to turn the ps3 on via the internet (remotely). I learned that when i shut down the ps3 (without flipping the switch in the back) that the ps3's hard drive continues to run even though the system is powered off. I know it is running because a) i can hear it and b) the green LED is blinking even though the ps3 is clearly powered off. I believe the ps3 keeps the hard drive running as a method for remote play and being able to turn it on. I say this because this problem started happening when i discovered this. I left for a weekend, and came back to find that the hard drive had been running all weekend with the ps3's power off. After discovering the problem i opened the hard drive part, reseeded everything and used my finger to clean the dust out of the inner cage. I turned remote play completely off and am still having an issue with an overly loud hard drive.

Last edited by Xerios; 02-16-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:57 PM   #55
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Legend:
Blue is what i believe is Irrevelant to the issue
Red is a physical change or a possible reason for issue

Facts:
  • I've had my PS3 for roughly 1 year and 11 months.
  • I play it close to 20 hours a week on average since ive owned it.
  • It has been and will continue to be in an open environment (not an enclosed stand or anything).
  • I've taken it to a relatives / friends house before.
  • It's hooked up vis HDMI to my TV and Optical to my Receiver.
  • The issue began less than 1 week ago
  • The issue began after i set up and started using remote play.
  • I upgraded the hard drive roughly 5 months after owning my ps3 to a 320gb
  • I have never had any other issue other than the one currently at hand.
  • After replacing the hard drive i managed to strip all the screws for the cage so it just sits in the cage. Has never been an issue before.

Issue:
The hard drive has been running louder than ever. This issue began after i set up remote play with the option of being able to turn the ps3 on via the internet (remotely). I learned that when i shut down the ps3 (without flipping the switch in the back) that the ps3's hard drive continues to run even though the system is powered off. I know it is running because a) i can hear it and b) the green LED is blinking even though the ps3 is clearly powered off. I believe the ps3 keeps the hard drive running as a method for remote play and being able to turn it on. I say this because this problem started happening when i discovered this. After discovering the problem i opened the hard drive part, reseeded everything and used my finger to clean the dust out of the inner cage.
Well just to clear up 1 issue. The Green light indicates its network connection, not hard drive, the hard drive is the orange light.

Have you tried to turn off the Remote Play option to allow it to turn on your PS3 to see if it makes a difference?
Old 02-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #56
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008

yeh just added that in my post... i turned off remote play completely and it still makes a loud noise when its turned on. I even let it sit for a day

Old 02-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #57
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
yeh just added that in my post... i turned off remote play completely and it still makes a loud noise when its turned on. I even let it sit for a day
Have you tried to vaccuum out the dust?

As far as I know the PS3 shouldn't be making additional noise because of Remote Play. I mean, I have it enabled on my PS3 and it makes no noise.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #58
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008

ill prolly wait till it craps out. throw in my original 60 gb drive (if that fixes it fine) if not go get a new 1 before my 3 yrs is up

Old 02-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #59

Jan 2009
Newfoundland!

Is there a list of trusted BD replacement lens sellers either from ebay or some other site that you or friends have used? I will be buying one at some point and would look to get it off them then chancing it with someone else!

Thx
~d
Last BD Watch: Firefly
Now Playing PS3: Uncharted 2
Now Playing 360: Fable II
Old 02-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #60

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kleist View Post
I'd google around, there are people out there selling replacement parts from PS3s they've bought and broken down. You could probably get your cable for $20 or so
I've been searching for the specific cable and have yet to be able to find it. I've found many other parts. If you find out anything let me know, I'll really appreciate it. I don't wanna send my ps3 back to sony just yet lol.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3