Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: The Children's Hour $15.99 (4 hours left)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$13.99
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Twisted Metal (PS3)
$17.99
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
$32.01
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.06
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3)
$19.99
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
The Last of Us (PS3)
$18.88
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 01-01-2007, 04:49 AM   #41

Dec 2006

GT-HD certainly looks great but man I miss the rumble in the controller for this game in particular a lot more than I would have thought.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:25 AM   #42
Expert Member

Jan 2005
Makati, Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg View Post
GT-HD certainly looks great but man I miss the rumble in the controller for this game in particular a lot more than I would have thought.
Yup, I kinda agree.

I don't know though if they would enable SIXAXIS to do the motion-control for this game. Nevertheless, it would look awkward using motion-control for GT (you have Warhawk for that instead...or Lair).

Nevertheless, if they do offer it for free (not just in N.America but everywhere), then I think this game would be a worthy intro to the GT 5.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:49 AM   #43
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg View Post
Lack of rumble is by far my biggest complaint with the PS3. Very strange to me that this was not included.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2006
www.blurayoasis.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeApOn View Post
what's sad is that i almost thought those were new gt screens
A few years down the road, they probably will be.
Basking in the glow of Blu Victory.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTK View Post
A few years down the road, they probably will be.
And I will sue for copyright infringement!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:29 AM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2006
www.blurayoasis.com

^^

I see what some of you were talking about with NFS: Carbon.

I've reached about 70 percent completion and suddenly the difficulty goes WAAAAY up.

Anyone got any tips for me?
Old 01-05-2007, 06:40 AM   #47
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2006
Anaheim Hills, CA

Quote:
^^

I see what some of you were talking about with NFS: Carbon.

I've reached about 70 percent completion and suddenly the difficulty goes WAAAAY up.

Anyone got any tips for me?
No.

LOL

The game is collecting dust now =(
Old 01-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #48
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2006
www.blurayoasis.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz6speed View Post
No.

LOL

The game is collecting dust now =(
How do you open up Tier 3 cars? I've won a handful of Tier 3 potential upgrades but I have no tier 3 cars to choose from and I don't know where or how to get them.

Right now I have maxed out Tier 2 Aston Martin and RX 7 as my two best cars and they're just getting smoked.

Here's the sad part: I've even been kind of a lamer and used a cheat code for unlimited slow down and unlimited NOS and guess what? I still can't get it done.

This is what concerned me about this game.

The same thing happened to me in Most Wanted, except that game still has no cheat codes to this day: You hit a brick wall and that's just the end of it.

I guess I'll start messing with the online modes, but if I'm stuck with only cars that I've earned in single player, I guess I can look forward to getting my ass handed to me online left and right as well.

That's too bad.

This difficulty curve is a joke. You literally can go through 70 percent of Carbon at a consistent level and then boom! You're suddenly getting blown out all over the place.

It's a laughable night and day contrast and very sudden. I doubt it'll happen, but EA needs to put out a 1.4 patch that allows for difficulty adjustments or something. Throw us a little bone here, please.

When a lamer like me can't even cheat and win...something's wrong.

Last edited by JTK; 01-05-2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2006

There are definitely some "cheats" for Most Wanted. Believe me, I needed them in order to get over that hump as well, and I made it to number 1 on the "Blacklist".

Most Wanted is the ONLY game where I ever earned all 1000 gamerpoints.

I am now at 92% completion on Carbon. I have taken over all the territory. It took me about 40 attempts to beat one of the bosses on the canyon track (where you follow them as close as possible). I don't know what is left exactly, but I do have a few "boss races" that I need to win.

I don't recall what events I had to win to release which cars, but there have only been 4 cars I have used: Mazda RX8 (which I own ), Lotus Elise, Porsche, and currently the Ford GT.

I still have about 4 of the "drift" races to win. Those are definitely the hardest races for me.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:22 PM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2006
www.blurayoasis.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin View Post
There are definitely some "cheats" for Most Wanted. Believe me, I needed them in order to get over that hump as well, and I made it to number 1 on the "Blacklist".
Where did you find these cheats for Most Wanted? Gamefaqs.com never had any nor did Gamespot. Please hook me up if you can. I'd love to actually finish that game some day.

Quote:

Most Wanted is the ONLY game where I ever earned all 1000 gamerpoints.
Wow.

I was kicking ass in that game, too, until I hit the same kind of boss-itis/brick wall like I'm hitting here in Carbon.

I have the best that I can buy and suddenly the difficulty doesn't just go up one notch...it goes up several and you find yourself way behind the eight ball with seemingly no way to catch up.

That's the one critical flaw that keeps showing up in this series.

Again: When cheats can't even get the job done for you, you know something isn't right.

Quote:

I am now at 92% completion on Carbon. I have taken over all the territory. It took me about 40 attempts to beat one of the bosses on the canyon track (where you follow them as close as possible). I don't know what is left exactly, but I do have a few "boss races" that I need to win.
Damn, how did you do it? With what cars? How did you get Tier 3 cars opened up, because I can see that's the only way I'm going to get the rest of this done, if ever.

Quote:

I don't recall what events I had to win to release which cars, but there have only been 4 cars I have used: Mazda RX8 (which I own ),
The Mazdas have been my favorite cars consistenly in the game. Rx7 and Rx8. I'm using the 7 now since it's Tier 2 and as high up as I can go.

Quote:
Lotus Elise, Porsche, and currently the Ford GT.
Heh, I'll have to give those a closer look.

Quote:

I still have about 4 of the "drift" races to win. Those are definitely the hardest races for me.
You know what? Ironically, drift was my biggest concern coming out of the demo, but I find that the nos cheat works like a charm for those.

Here's what I've done for drift: Hold the Nos button down with the cheat enabled and try not to hit walls. That's it. You'll rack up mad speed bonus points and you'll drift purely by design and instinct and kick ass.

Canyons you have to be a lot more careful, obviously.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #51
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2006

Re the cheats for most wanted, perhaps I shouldnt call them cheats. They aren't things that you unlock by pushing certain buttons. I am talking about the recommendation to go into the bus station, for example, and stay on top of the buses while the cops go crazy crashing in to each other, racking up huge amounts of bounty and "cost to state" points.

You shouldn't have any problem finding those on some of the game sites.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:19 AM   #52
Expert Member

Jun 2006
Somewhere
Default Gran Turismo HD 'Lancer Replay' HD

Check out this stunning video!
http://www.warp2search.net/modules.p...icle&sid=31026
Old 01-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #53
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Truly amazing.

I just had my wife come in to watch that video clip. I didn't say anything about it being a video game. She finally said "is that real, or a video game"? You definitely have to look twice!

Can't wait!
Old 01-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #54
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2006
www.blurayoasis.com

Quote:
Two words:

1.) Shock

2.) Awe
Old 01-06-2007, 06:27 PM   #55
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2006

Quote:
Two words:

1.) Shock

2.) Awe
Old 01-07-2007, 04:29 AM   #56
Expert Member

Jan 2005
Makati, Philippines

Quote:
Awesome.

Although I never knew that you can actually "drift" using a non-rally car in GT. Never knew that (it wasn't there in GT-3 A-spec).

Nevertheless, this is a welcome development. One that not even the bull**** like PGR crap can do anything about it (not even a new PGR 4 can come close to it).

This is indeed gonna provide Forza 2 some good competition.

Like I said, it's Gran Turismo, Forza series and Ridge Racer series that are the only TRUE console racing games. PGR has ABSOLUTELY NO PLACE AT ALL. :P
Old 01-07-2007, 06:01 AM   #57
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2006

Well, I for one *like* the PGR series, more than RR.

That said, "GT:HD" looks amazing.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:41 AM   #58

Nov 2006

Woah..... wait a second..... I just realised..... they have a Ferrari in GT?
I realise that in the scheme of things it doesn't mean much, but damn it will be good to drive all the beautiful Ferraris!
Old 01-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #59
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin View Post
Lack of rumble is by far my biggest complaint with the PS3. Very strange to me that this was not included.
Two part reason.
The public reason : to lower cost and simplify the electronics in the controller [bluetooth remote with rumble creates problem? I dunno, but I rememember reading similiar]

The insidious reason: Their patent dispute with Immersion about the use of Rumble technology in the controllers.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #60
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2006
www.blurayoasis.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiella View Post
Two part reason.
The public reason : to lower cost and simplify the electronics in the controller [bluetooth remote with rumble creates problem? I dunno, but I rememember reading similiar]

The insidious reason: Their patent dispute with Immersion about the use of Rumble technology in the controllers.
If I'm not mistaken, I had heard that Sony just recently lost that lawsuit to Immersion, did they not?

Personally, I'd rather have rumble vs. any of these gimmicky motion detectors and "Sixaxis" in a pinch.

So far, I've turned that feature off in every PS3 game I've played because it either inteferes or does something I don't want it to do anyways.

So yeah, I miss rumble. Rumble is something that you take for granted until it's gone.

Is it the end of the world? No. Should it have been included or at least offer people a choice to get a controller with it somehow? Yes.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3