COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$86.76
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Americano (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Seasons 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$48.78
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Fed Up (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Team Hot Wheels: The Origin of Awesome (Blu-ray)
$17.97
The Ring (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.79
The Lost Boys (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Megamind 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.70
Soundgarden: Superunknown (Blu-ray)
$73.23

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #1

Jun 2007
Bedford, England
Default Sweeney Todd announced for UK release

Not a direct announcement I admit but I've just recieved an email from Play.com as follows:

"Dear Customer,

We are pleased to inform you that 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street' (Johnny Depp ; Helena Bonham Carter ; Alan Rickman ; Timothy Spall ; Christopher Lee ; Sacha Baron Cohen ; Jayne Wisener ; Jamie Campbell Bower ; Anthony Head ; Laura Michelle Kelly ; Ed Sanders) is now available to order. Click on the link below to pre-order now!

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=m...68&source=9316

If you have any further queries please visit our helpdesk http://www.play.com/helpdesk

Kind regards,

The Play.com Team"

Below is the picture showing along with a pre-order date of 19/05/2008

Last edited by Smackos; 03-07-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
Expert Member

Jan 2008
Arkham Asylum, Gotham City

beautiful
Old 03-07-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
Special Member

Aug 2007
NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCruz View Post
beautiful
Yeah especially if it was announced here in the U.S
Old 03-07-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
Special Member

Jan 2008
Huntington Beach, CA

Is it just me but why does European and Japanese covers always look better than the ones we get here?
Old 03-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #5
Special Member

Aug 2007
NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Is it just me but why does European and Japanese covers always look better than the ones we get here?
Why do they sometimes get better versions of the movies? You got me
Old 03-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #6
Special Member

Jan 2008
Huntington Beach, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton247 View Post
Why do they sometimes get better versions of the movies? You got me
Less NannyLaws?
Old 03-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
R. Cucamonga, CA Blu Ray Steelbooks™: 22

Quote:
Yeah especially if it was announced here in the U.S
Could always import. That's what I plan on doing as soon I see that it's not region locked. I can't wait for it to be released here. Must have now!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
PSN Network: Aygie

Quote:
I always think that about the US stuff
Sharp Aquos LC42XD1E, Sharp Aquos LC32D65, Onkyo TX-SR805, PS3 250GB HD, PS3 80GB HD, A.E Aego T Speakers, Sky HD
Old 03-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #9
Special Member

Aug 2007
NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchBoy View Post
Could always import. That's what I plan on doing as soon I see that it's not region locked. I can't wait for it to be released here. Must have now!!!
When I get my bills paid, I'm going to do my 1st imports. I'm going to get almost famous and a tale of two sisters. Where do you get yours from? Sendit.com?

Also, are the cases really bulky over there and so much different from our cases?
Old 03-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #10
Special Member

Aug 2007
NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aygie View Post
I always think that about the US stuff
Seriously our simpsons cover sucked. Every where else had a cool cover with all the characters on the front
Old 03-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008

Quote:
When I get my bills paid, I'm going to do my 1st imports. I'm going to get almost famous and a tale of two sisters. Where do you get yours from? Sendit.com?

Also, are the cases really bulky over there and so much different from our cases?
Well, I've just now started getting into the importing thing. Patience isn't my virtue so I figured what the heck. I've only done one so far (still waiting for it to get here but should be by middle of next week) but I ordered the Transformers Movie (1986) from the UK. Got it from Amazon (only because I'm familiar with them from using them here for so long) -- though I know of people that do use sendit.com and a few others. To each their own as far as that goes...

From what I understand the cases are bulkier. However, I'm not one of the ones that has to have their cases all match up. It's just never been that important to me. I have my 700 or so DVDs just stacked up in my closet -- with 3 kids running around just keeping 'em safe is what's important, not how pleasing to the eye my setup is (at least not now )
Old 03-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #12
Special Member

Aug 2007
NC

Quote:
Well, I've just now started getting into the importing thing. Patience isn't my virtue so I figured what the heck. I've only done one so far (still waiting for it to get here but should be by middle of next week) but I ordered the Transformers Movie (1986) from the UK. Got it from Amazon (only because I'm familiar with them from using them here for so long) -- though I know of people that do use sendit.com and a few others. To each their own as far as that goes...

From what I understand the cases are bulkier. However, I'm not one of the ones that has to have their cases all match up. It's just never been that important to me. I have my 700 or so DVDs just stacked up in my closet -- with 3 kids running around just keeping 'em safe is what's important, not how pleasing to the eye my setup is (at least not now )
True, but I am OCD. I have to do things seven times when I'm at home. I always have to clear the time off the microwave and I really want my movies and games placed neatly and in alphabetical order. So hopefully, they won't be too big.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008

Quote:
True, but I am OCD. I have to do things seven times when I'm at home. I always have to clear the time off the microwave and I really want my movies and games placed neatly and in alphabetical order. So hopefully, they won't be too big.
Same here -- I have to force myself to give up things, and it's not easy. But again, for me, just keeping everything un-scratched and in working order keeps me busy enough.

All that said, I definitely understand the need/want to have it all looking good and uniform. If I had my way, it would be. About all I can do now is keep my stacks of movies in order alphabetically and by "genre".

Old 03-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

the cases are the same thickness as DVDs
Sharp Aquos LC42XD1E, Sharp Aquos LC32D65, Onkyo TX-SR805, PS3 250GB HD, PS3 80GB HD, A.E Aego T Speakers, Sky HD
Old 03-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aygie View Post
the cases are the same thickness as DVDs
Thanks, mate.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Thanks, mate.
No problem, I actually prefer them thicker, matching the DVDs
Old 03-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

May 2007

Quote:
It really is you There are dozens of examples of absolutely hideous European/Asian artwork when the US version is quite attractive in comparison
Old 03-07-2008, 08:00 PM   #18
Expert Member

Sep 2007
London, UK

Quote:
they should do!! we pay atleast 3 times the amount u pay.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #19

Jun 2007
Bedford, England

Well here's another one for you. At the time I'd looked on the site (along with Amazon) and they had Sweeney Todd, Zodiac and Cloverfield available for pre-order. Then after a couple of days they were taken down by both sites and my pre-orders were cancelled. Now the interesting part..

At the time I speculated that they were put up there accidently by Amazon and Play and were taken back down again when they realised they're mistake.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=25

The dates originally put up for each were:

Sweeney Todd: 19/05/08...the same date as it's showing up again now for pre-order

Cloverfield: 9th June

Zodiac: 28th April

Now realistically I don't suppose Zodiac would be shipping again as soon as the original date due to logistics in doing so but who knows..
Old 03-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #20

Jun 2007
Bedford, England

Ha ... talking about Zodiac's release.. just had this email come through this from Amazon.co.uk..

"Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order #*********
Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we
need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Elias Koteas (Actor), et al "Zodiac - Director's Cut [Blu-ray]
[2007]" [Blu-ray]
Estimated arrival date: 02/09/08 - 04/09/08

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes."

So you can take it from that Zodiac's release date is now slated around the 4th September.. better late than never.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America