Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$48.49
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$14.99
If I Stay (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist (Blu-ray)
$17.29
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: Which of these is your favorite Special Forces BD?
The Rock 9 40.91%
Mission: Impossible 3 0 0%
300 1 4.55%
Black Hawk Down 10 45.45%
Tears of the Sun 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2008, 02:52 AM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
San Antonio, TX
Default Special Forces Showdown

I just finished watching Black Hawk Down for the first time ever and while I do think that it was a good movie, I don't think it lived up to the hype of it's loyal fan's. And the other day I watched Tears of the Sun. That was great. That's definitely my favorite of these because it shows what SEALs really do. It's more of a representation of what they can and will do. While the ones in The Rock just got scrubbed (watch the special features). I didn't include movies like Under Seige (mainly because it's terrible), Con Air, or Shooter because they featured a former SOF soldier doing his own thing. And I think that in the time it takes place in, 300 tells the story of the origins of Special Forces. And it's only Blu-rays.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:06 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007
Reducing Your Planet To A Burned Out Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajmoyper View Post
I just finished watching Black Hawk Down for the first time ever and while I do think that it was a good movie, I don't think it lived up to the hype of it's loyal fan's. And the other day I watched Tears of the Sun. That was great. That's definitely my favorite of these because it shows what SEALs really do. It's more of a representation of what they can and will do. While the ones in The Rock just got scrubbed (watch the special features). I didn't include movies like Under Seige (mainly because it's terrible), Con Air, or Shooter because they featured a former SOF soldier doing his own thing. And I think that in the time it takes place in, 300 tells the story of the origins of Special Forces. And it's only Blu-rays.
If You want to see what Spec Ops Troops really do watch the Millitary Channel there are very few Hollywood movies that tell the real story. SOF is a slang term used for Mercs and Spec Ops Troops are not Mercs
I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it

"Though I fly through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJSk2Xc3Eq4

Xbox live gamertag Gort1951
Old 04-02-2008, 04:14 AM   #3

Jan 2008
MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEP3108 View Post
SOF is a slang term used for Mercs and Spec Ops Troops are not Mercs
Wrong. SOF is actually a widely used acronym within the US Special Operations community (SF, CAG, AWG, etc). It's SOF as is "Special Operation Forces", not SOF as in "Soldier of Fortune", which I'm assuming is what you're referring to.
Folks bothered by other folks not using the "Search" function probably spend more time talking about Blu than actually watching them.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:22 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007
Reducing Your Planet To A Burned Out Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Falcon View Post
Wrong. SOF is actually a widely used acronym within the US Special Operations community (SF, CAG, AWG, etc). It's SOF as is "Special Operation Forces", not SOF as in "Soldier of Fortune", which I'm assuming is what you're referring to.
Thats news to me and I have never heard any operators say anything about SOF but I will take your word for it
I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it

"Though I fly through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJSk2Xc3Eq4

Xbox live gamertag Gort1951
Old 04-02-2008, 04:28 AM   #5

Jan 2008
MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEP3108 View Post
Thats news to me and I have never heard any operators say anything about SOF but I will take your word for it
You wouldn't say S.O.F. per se, but it would be phonetically pronounced "sof". Perhaps you've heard that term.
Folks bothered by other folks not using the "Search" function probably spend more time talking about Blu than actually watching them.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America