COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (Blu-ray)
$16.09
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Fantasista Doll: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Sorcerer (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Justified: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.24

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
Special Member

Jun 2007
USA
Default Master List for BD's with Replacement Programs

I'm still getting BD's every now and then that have exchange programs I was unaware of so some kind of master list of exchange and replacement programs would be useful I think; a list of accessories (cases, boxes, slipcovers, etc.) that have official exchange programs would be good too. Post any that you know of and I'll put them in this thread. As suggested I'd also like to include discs that have had defects corrected but have not yet received replacement programs, so if you know of any please post 'em and I'll toss them into their own section.

If I missed any just list them and I'll edit them in. I'll be keeping this thread up to date as future releases are fixed and replacement programs are offered. All releases are USA releases unless otherwise stated.

DISC EXCHANGE / REPLACEMENT PROGRAMS

Afro Samurai Resurrection (Lossy soundtrack option replaced by lossless track that wasn't originally included. Exchange Program offered.)

Air Force One (Subtitle issues. They have not yet been properly fixed, but you can get sent a copy that's been half-assed fixed. See here and here and here.)

The Beyond (UK RELEASE ONLY. [Region Free, From Arrow] Opening sequence on incorrect disc is B/W rather than sepia-toned. Original release also uses a smaller capacity (25gb) disc and features a lower bitrate. Corrected disc implements correct opening sepia tone, uses a 50gb disc, and features a higher bitrate. Replacement program offered.)

Blade Runner (Only a small minority of sets were affected. It's not a defect per se, but some discs were mixed up during the packaging process and people received either duplicate Disc 5's or Disc 1's... and for those with duplicates other discs were omitted. For those affected there's an exchange program. UK appears to be able to Exchange successfully too.)

Carlos (Audio issue with the left surround channel on Disc 2. Replacement program offered.)

CHRONOS (Playback issues with certain players, notably the PS3. Replacement program offered.)

Daily Lives of High School Boys (Artifacts present during playback of Episode 8. Replacement program offered.)

Delightful Forest (Kuai Huo Lin) (Copies reported as being defective and pixelated at times. Replacement program offered.)

Doctor Who: The Complete Sixth Series (Errors manifested by unusual / unnatural grain structure. Exchange program offered.)

Dredd (Suffers from playback issues across several different makes and models of players. Replacement program offered.)

Fifth Element (Remastered for superior PQ. Exchange Program offered.)

Fist of Fury [Part of the Bruce Lee: The Legacy Collection box set] (Did not include Mono Mandarin audio track. Replacement program offered.)

Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris (Subtitle issue. Replacement program offered.)

Gladiator (Remastered for superior PQ. Exchange program offered. UK & Euro program also offered. Canadian exchanges are to be sent to the same address as the USA's. )

Halloween II (Incorrect credits. Exchange program offered.)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Not a disc defect per se, but some BD Harry Potter Years 1-5 Limited Edition Gift Sets had their copies of The Goblet of Fire with HD DVD versions of this film rather than copies of the BD version. Replacement program offered.)

The House By The Cemetery (UK RELEASE ONLY. [Region Free, From Arrow] Not an audio or video defect per se, but many copies shipped with a DVD copy of Disc 1 where the BD copy of Disc 2 (Extras) should've been. For a replacement, follow the same procedure as The Beyond or Zombie Flesh Eaters.)

Kids On the Slope (A very small number of sets (before the recall took effect) were shipped to customers and feature a defect in which the Japanese language track of the 11th episode of the series only includes mono audio. Replacement program offered via this form.)

Let the Right One In (UK RELEASE ONLY. [Region Free, from Momentum] Originally had no Lossless track, they are now offering a Replacement Program.)

The Little Mermaid (Audio sync issues during a specific song. Replacement Program Offered.)

Madonna: MDNA Tour Issues involving non-selectable menu items and absent audio from the left and right front channels when played back in 5.1. (Replacement program offered.)

Matrix Revolutions (Video glitch during playback. Replacement program offered.)

Oldboy (Version included in the Vengeance Trilogy box set lacks the lossless audio track featured on the original stand-alone release.) Some have reported successfully receiving a replacement by contacting Tartan Video.)

Out of Africa (Remastered for superior picture quality. Replacement program offered.)

Phantom of the Opera [1925] (Issues with menu structure and navigation. Replacement Program offered.) *October 2012 Update* Original contact information appears to no longer be working...... Succcess has been reported using alternate contact information.

Pinocchio (Two small pieces of dialogue are missing during a song. Exchange Program offered.)

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (Framing issues. Replacement Program offered.)

Saving Private Ryan (Dialog Ever-so-slightly out of sync in spots. Exchange Program offered for USA, Canada, and the UK.)

Speed (Issues with playback when using certain Samsung models. Replacement program offered.)

Starship Troopers (Repeated scene. Replacement program offered.)

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season One (Audio issue persists across a number of discs. Replacement program offered. It appears as though the program also works for international exchanges.)

Sunshine (Across several different players the PIP commentary activates by itself during the main movie and can't be disabled. Replacement Program offered.)

Tarzan EUROPEAN RELEASE (Issues with the video encode. Replacement program offered. More information here.)

Three Colors: White (Original 2.0 stereo is actually a surround track. Exchange program offered.)

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Initial copies reverted to a maximum resolution of 1080i under certain circumstances, new copies feature correct 1080p playback under all circumstances. Exchange program offered.)

Total Recall [2012 Remake] (Original release had audio dropout issues. Replacement Program Offered. *UPDATE* Apparently despite the fact that Sony is offering a "replacement" program they appear to be replacing the discs they receive with identical copies with the defect still present and sending them back. As of right now participating in the replacement program is pointless.)

The Twilight Zone: Season 1 (Numerous people have reported playback issues with Disc 4 and some have problems with Disc 1 as well. Image Entertainment have sent replacement copies to those who have contacted them and those copies have resolved the playback issues. For contact and replacement information see here and here.)

West Side Story (Title sequence uses an incorrect color scheme. "Corrected" Blu Ray, while altered, continues to use an incorrect color scheme for the title sequence. Exchange and "Upgrade" at your own discretion.)

Who Framed Roger Rabbit (There's nothing wrong with the Blu-Ray itself but upon initial release the DVD included within the same retail set was an incorrect fullscreen version. Replacement program offered.)

Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK RELEASE ONLY. [Region Free, From Arrow] Frames missing during playback. Replacement program offered.)

ACCESSORY EXCHANGE / REPLACEMENT PROGRAMS

The 400 Blows (Original Criterion release used cardboard digipack case. Reissued using 14mm standard-BD-style clear case. Replacement program offered.)

Battlestar Galactica (Original Box was bulky and disliked by some. Case Replacement Program Offered.)

Bottle Rocket (Original Criterion release used cardboard digipack case. Reissued using 14mm standard-BD-style clear case. Replacement program offered.)

Chungking Express (Original Criterion release used cardboard digipack case. Reissued using 14mm standard-BD-style clear case. Replacement program offered.)

El Norte (Original Criterion release used cardboard digipack case. Reissued using 14mm standard-BD-style clear case. Replacement program offered.)

Firefly (Some, or all, new copies are no longer including the episode guide insert within the case. By contacting Fox a replacement can be obtained. Those in Canada can also apparently receive a replacement.)
2012 update. Based on the newest update these booklets appear only to be offered to consumers based on when you first purchased the item. If you wait too long to seek the insert you might miss out. If you want an insert it's best to contact them by phone before too much time has elapsed.

Garden of Sinners (Kara no Kyoukai) (All boxes were prone to warping that gets worse with time. Replacement Program offered. -- only valid until May 1st 2011 --)

The Last Emperor (Original Criterion release used cardboard digipack case. Reissued using 14mm standard-BD-style clear case. Replacement program offered.)

Last Year at Marienbad (Original Criterion release used cardboard digipack case. Reissued using 14mm standard-BD-style clear case. Replacement program offered.)

The Last Metro (Original Criterion release used cardboard digipack case. Reissued using 14mm standard-BD-style clear case. Replacement program offered.)

The Man Who Fell to Earth (Original Criterion release used cardboard digipack case. Reissued using 14mm standard-BD-style clear case. Replacement program offered.)

Summer Wars (Slipcover not included with every copy yet it's supposed to be issued with each one. Replacement offered.)

The Third Man (Original Criterion release used cardboard digipack case. Reissued using 14mm standard-BD-style clear case. Replacement program offered.)

CORRECTED DISCS WITHOUT REPLACEMENT PROGRAMS

Full Metal Jacket Original 2006 release was sourced from a poor 1080i master. Remastered 2007 release wasn't and exhibits superior PQ.

Let the Right One In (US release [from Magnolia] had poorly-done subtitles. They've since corrected this by including the theatrical subtitles but have yet to initiate an exchange program for the original copies that lack that option.)

Patton Original 2008 featured excessive DNR. Remastered 2012 release had no excessive DNR use which allowed for superior PQ.
Movies!

Last edited by Stinky-Dinkins; 11-05-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Interesting list. Thank you.

Let's hope you never have to update this again.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Do a forum search, but I am sure there is an exchange program for Air Force One, from Sony. The first pressing has missing subtitles when the Russians speak, it has been corrected in subsequent pressings.

There are also issues with both the UK and US copies for "Let The Right One In," though both are different. The first pressing for the UK copy was mistakenly pressed without lossless audio, I do believe the distributor corrected it and is offering some sort of exchange. The initial copies of the US edition forgot to include the theatrical subtitles, only using an inferior dubtitle wording. That has been corrected, but I am not sure if Magnolia ever replaced copies for customers.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:29 AM   #4
Special Member

Jun 2007
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Do a forum search, but I am sure there is an exchange program for Air Force One, from Sony. The first pressing has missing subtitles when the Russians speak, it has been corrected in subsequent pressings.

There are also issues with both the UK and US copies for "Let The Right One In," though both are different. The first pressing for the UK copy was mistakenly pressed without lossless audio, I do believe the distributor corrected it and is offering some sort of exchange. The initial copies of the US edition forgot to include the theatrical subtitles, only using an inferior dubtitle wording. That has been corrected, but I am not sure if Magnolia ever replaced copies for customers.
Cool, I'll look for the Air Force One info and put it in the list if I can find it.

I was going to include Let the Right One in but I couldn't find any info on the replacement program. I'll see if they've ever started one up.

Same for Die Hard 2. Lossless track was not in the original (lossy only) but couldn't find any replacement info. Not sure if they ever corrected this either.

I'll also find info for all the replacement programs I listed for the UK and Canada (if they are offered for them) and edit that in too, forgot all about it until you mentioned the UK replacement for Let the Right One In.

EDIT: Couldn't find info for Die Hard 2 One replacements... think it still might not have a proper program going. I'll leave it off the list unless I can find information on an exchange program for it. I did find some info for Let the Right One In UK replacements, unfortunately not for the US version though. Air Force One appears only partially fixed but I included the exchange program info for it.
Movies!

Last edited by Stinky-Dinkins; 04-25-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:24 AM   #5

Sep 2010

Great thread

I didn't know about Terminator 3, fortunately I got it recently, so I don't have the error.

I'll check Matrix Revolutions disc first when I get the collection

And maybe you should change this thread to include all disc corrections, whether there's a replacement program or not (unless there's already a thread for that).
Old 04-25-2011, 01:57 AM   #6
Special Member

Jun 2007
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by megafan999 View Post
And maybe you should change this thread to include all disc corrections, whether there's a replacement program or not (unless there's already a thread for that).
Sure, that's a good idea. I could make a separate section for it.

I'm not aware of any myself, I'm sure there are some though. Post them in the thread if you know of any and I'll edit them into the list. I know for a long while Pinocchio was corrected but didn't have an exchange program, it has since got one though, there are probably others like that.
Movies!

Last edited by Stinky-Dinkins; 04-25-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:42 AM   #7
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky-Dinkins View Post
EDIT: Couldn't find info for Die Hard 2 One replacements... think it still might not have a proper program going. I'll leave it off the list unless I can find information on an exchange program for it.
Die Hard 2 was never fixed in the US, and Fox has done nothing for customers except send out the same faulty BD when asked. Die Hard 2 has been fixed in the rest of the world (or was never wrong in the first place), so look to the UK or Australia for a fixed copy of Die Hard 2.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:08 AM   #8
Special Member

Jun 2007
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Die Hard 2 was never fixed in the US, and Fox has done nothing for customers except send out the same faulty BD when asked. Die Hard 2 has been fixed in the rest of the world (or was never wrong in the first place), so look to the UK or Australia for a fixed copy of Die Hard 2.
Did Euro/Aus issue a fixed copy or was a correct version one (never had the lossless issue) theirs to begin with? Don't want to add it to the list if Europe and Australia got a correct version pre-initial-pressing to begin with, nothing would have been fixed.
Movies!

Last edited by Stinky-Dinkins; 04-25-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:12 PM   #9
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Did Euro/Aus issue a fixed copy or was a correct version one (never had the lossless issue) theirs to begin with? Don't want to add it to the list if Europe and Australia got a correct version pre-initial-pressing to begin with, nothing would have been fixed.
I think there was never a problem in foreign copies of Die Hard 2.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #10
Power Member

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Under Accessory Exchange, you can add the early Criterion BRs that came in cardboard slipcovers, like The Last Emperor, The Third Man, etc.

You can get proper plastic cases from Criterion with insert artwork. Charge is $5 to cover shipping and handling. I

I replaced the two titles mentioned above.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:19 PM   #11

Jan 2010
The Outer Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
Interesting list. Thank you.

Let's hope you never have to update this again.
Agreed. Thank you for compiling all of this information.

I do certainly have to agree with shinseiRomeo though, hopefully no updates are needed in the future!
Current Blu-Ray Recommendation:

My Criterion Collection
Old 04-26-2011, 05:09 AM   #12
Power Member

Jul 2009
Canada eh?

Blade Runner and Firefly don't seem to be coming with their inserts/episode guides anymore. I've read that you can receive a Firefly episode guide from Fox if you contact them. Dunno if WB is offering Blade Runner inserts though.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:18 AM   #13

Jan 2009
SoCal
Send a message via AIM to c1_sleeper

awesome thread.. thanks for taking the time to make this!!!! i have to check a couple BDs
Panasonic TH 50PZ85U
250GB PS3
Onkyo S5100 HTIB w/ Onkyo tx-sr607 Receiver
Collecting since 11/20/08
17 XXX Blu's =)
Old 04-26-2011, 06:23 AM   #14
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Magnolia did fix Let The Right One In, most copies circulating now have the correct theatrical subtitles. They are listed on the back cover for the corrected edition.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:09 PM   #15

Sep 2010

Wasn't there a replacement program for the HP 1-5 giftset? IIRC, one of the movies was on a HDDVD. Don't know if it's still have it though.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #16
Power Member

Apr 2009

Nice. This should be stickied for new members or for those who do not know about this.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:29 AM   #17
Special Member

Jun 2007
USA

Included new info that was posted, thanks.

If you know of anything else please let me know and I'll put it in there.
Movies!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:10 AM   #18
Power Member

Jul 2009
Canada eh?

Quote:
Included new info that was posted, thanks.

If you know of anything else please let me know and I'll put it in there.
For the Firefly episode guide you can contact customer service at FoxConnect. Info here:

h**p://www.amazon.com/Read-inside-want-Episode-booklet/forum/Fx1IB7C7USORZ7I/Tx1YGRFCLUDMAGE/1/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=1&asin=B 001EN71CW&store=dvd&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=MxX3O1TG 9AK6OU#MxX3O1TG9AK6OU

Looks like it's only for people in the US though.

Last edited by ArrestedDevelopment; 04-27-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:16 AM   #19
Special Member

Jun 2007
USA

Thanks, I'll edit it into the original post.
Movies!

Last edited by Stinky-Dinkins; 04-27-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:41 AM   #20

Sep 2010

Apparently the first batch of The Twilight Zone Season 1 had some problems with some BD players:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-mov...een-fixed.html
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
defective, defects, exchange, gladiator, replacement