COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Long Goodbye (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Coming Home (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Thieves Like Us (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$216.99
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Viva Maria! (Blu-ray)
$18.49
White Lightning (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Pocketful of Miracles (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Gator (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Tyler Perry's Temptation (Blu-ray)
$12.98

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #1

Oct 2010
Default The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector's Edition - 2013

The Dark Knight Trilogy Blu-ray

If it's okay with you guys, I wanted to have talk for next year's Ultimate Dark Knight Trilogy in its own thread.

Since WB's Dark Knight Rises PR announced a separate Ultimate Collection of the trilogy for Q3 of 2013.

Last edited by Deciazulado; 07-11-2013 at 03:48 PM. Reason: removed "wish list of set contents"
Old 10-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
Power Member

Aug 2009
West Des Moines, IA

Had my hopes up.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2012
New York City

This belongs in the wishlist section if anything
Old 10-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Power Member

Aug 2009
West Des Moines, IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
This belongs in the wishlist section if anything
It has been announced. However, we don't know if it is a repackaging or actually different discs.

We all hope for the latter.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkShed View Post
It has been announced. However, we don't know if it is a repackaging or actually different discs.

I know it's announced, but 99.9% of what the op has written is wish list stuff. He'll more than likely confuse people than anything.

Last edited by MifuneFan; 10-02-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

Wait what? This has been announced?

Link my man. Link.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercsOwnz View Post

Link my man. Link.
Game. Set. Match.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #8

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkShed View Post

Since WHV is already releasing a trilogy box set with "Rises" in December, it stands to reason that the 2013 "Ultimate" set has to be different, right?

What would be the point in announcing a separate box set next year in the same press release about a box set that's coming out in December?

Either way, this should be the thread to speculate what exactly will be in the Ultimate Edition, which like WorkShed said, is an official release (whether or not it'll be a rehash of the box set in December remains to be seen).
Old 10-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #9
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2012
New York City

It could include the same discs, but come with extra physical items. Perhaps at best, the Reborn doc that's currently a BB exclusive. I don't expect to see any major changes to the movies, or features themselves in the UCE
Old 10-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Game. Set. Match.
I wasn't inferring that what he said was going to be in the set, but that this thing was even announced at all. I had no idea. I know this is his wishlist.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #11

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercsOwnz View Post

Link my man. Link.
The announcement is in the official press release for The Dark Knight Rises release. See the last sentence in bold below: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9602
Warner Home Entertainment has officially announced and detailed its upcoming combo pack edition of director Christopher Nolan's global blockbuster The Dark Knight Rises (2012), starring Christian Bale, Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway. The release will be available for purchase on December 4th.

The Blu-ray combo pack features the film in hi-definition on Blu-ray and in standard definition on DVD. The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray disc takes advantage of the marriage of IMAX“ and 35mm formats by using the hybrid master to replicate the unique theatrical experience of integrated film formats.

On December 4th, Warner Home Entertainment will also release The Dark Knight Trilogy, which will include Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises. Warner Home Entertainment also plans to release The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector's Edition in 2013.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

Ah, don't really read the news on this site. Sounds cool. Still going to get the regular trilogy when it comes out this December but if this has some cool stuff I'd get it.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #13
Power Member

Aug 2007
Austin, TX

The main thing I'd just LOVE to get are commentaries. Nolan hasn't done one since Insomnia, so I'm not holding out much hope for him, but even if we can't get the cast in there, I'd love to hear from Lee Smith, Wall Pfister, Emma Thomas, David Goyer, or Jonah Nolan. Hopefully the box itself will look ultra cool too. I'll double dip for that.
"I'm an avid reader of message boards because I like to know how people with poor grammar really feel." - Mike Birbiglia
Old 10-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #14

Oct 2010

Curious why this got moved to the Wish List sub-forum? I'm not complaining, but I thought this section was only for titles that have yet to be officially announced. Once a title is announced, can't we speculate about what might be contained feature-wise? Or do threads have to have official details before it can be created in the main forum? Just looking for clarity here.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #15
Special Member

Oct 2010
New England, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
Curious why this got moved to the Wish List sub-forum? I'm not complaining, but I thought this section was only for titles that have yet to be officially announced. Once a title is announced, can't we speculate about what might be contained feature-wise? Or do threads have to have official details before it can be created in the main forum? Just looking for clarity here.
I assume the mod moved it because too few wishlist things become a reality. BUT if the mods start moving things that have been announced already to the wishlist and then back, and it looks a lot studios really do care.
Now running in 3D with the LG Cinema 3D (nominally showing 3D in 1080i per eye) 47LW6500 (up-or-down-or-side-graded from a 50" Sammy 3D Plasma) and a Benq W1080ST and a 130" screen.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #16
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
The announcement is in the official press release for The Dark Knight Rises release. See the last sentence in bold below: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9602
Warner Home Entertainment has officially announced and detailed its upcoming combo pack edition of director Christopher Nolan's global blockbuster The Dark Knight Rises (2012), starring Christian Bale, Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway. The release will be available for purchase on December 4th.

The Blu-ray combo pack features the film in hi-definition on Blu-ray and in standard definition on DVD. The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray disc takes advantage of the marriage of IMAX“ and 35mm formats by using the hybrid master to replicate the unique theatrical experience of integrated film formats.

On December 4th, Warner Home Entertainment will also release The Dark Knight Trilogy, which will include Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises. Warner Home Entertainment also plans to release The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector's Edition in 2013.
I believe the flyer someone posted in TDKR thread had a blurb about this Ultimate set coming in 2013. Sign me up!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #17

Oct 2010

The Digital Bits is reporting that the Ultimate Collection is slated for the third quarter of 2013. So it's looking like a June/July release -- probably to coincide with "Man of Steel." I wouldn't be surprised if it comes with some movie cash for MoS too.

http://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my...12_0100/Page-2
The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition Blu-ray box set (Q3) which includes all three films plus exclusive collectables and nearly an hour of all new material.
(PS--since there's even more info about the release, can this go back to the regular forum now?)

Last edited by RakuMon; 10-04-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:54 AM   #18
Special Member

Oct 2010
New England, USA

Quote:
The Digital Bits is reporting that the Ultimate Collection is slated for the third quarter of 2013. So it's looking like a June/July release -- probably to coincide with "Man of Steel." I wouldn't be surprised if it comes with some movie cash for MoS too.

http://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my...12_0100/Page-2
The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collectorís Edition Blu-ray box set (Q3) which includes all three films plus exclusive collectables and nearly an hour of all new material.
(PS--since there's even more info about the release, can this go back to the regular forum now?)
I love that there are now 2 threads about the EE of The Hobbit in the regular Blu's News area and this is still wishlisted despite showing up on the release calendar and being officially announced etc.
This all just taps my funny bone.
Though it kind of sucks for you, man.
Now running in 3D with the LG Cinema 3D (nominally showing 3D in 1080i per eye) 47LW6500 (up-or-down-or-side-graded from a 50" Sammy 3D Plasma) and a Benq W1080ST and a 130" screen.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #19

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by seregloth View Post
I love that there are now 2 threads about the EE of The Hobbit in the regular Blu's News area and this is still wishlisted despite showing up on the release calendar and being officially announced etc.
This all just taps my funny bone.
Though it kind of sucks for you, man.
I know, right? Also, some people in the regular DKR thread seem to be confused about the UCE vs. the trilogy set coming out in December.

All the more reason, IMHO, for the UCE to have its own thread, no?
Old 10-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #20
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
I know, right? Also, some people in the regular DKR thread seem to be confused about the UCE vs. the trilogy set coming out in December.

All the more reason, IMHO, for the UCE to have its own thread, no?
Definitely!
Don't worry, this thread will get moved once the official presse release for the UCE is made availalbe.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America