Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack / Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (Blu-ray)
$13.59
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: Which did you like the best?
Omega Man 111 48.47%
I am Legend 118 51.53%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
Caligula Caligula is offline
Banned
 
Caligula's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Philadelphia
1
Send a message via AIM to Caligula Send a message via Yahoo to Caligula
Default I Am Legend vs Omega Man

Which did you like either I am Legend or Omega Man better?

Please explain why? As for me, Id pick Omega Man because NO CGI and all real actor in that movie! I liked how charlton heston in that movie. Will Smith did excellent job in I am legend, but i thought Omega man was better?

Yes the costumes, hairdo was cheessy but its 1970s!! Omega Man's PQ was awesome for 1971 movie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #2
aramis109 aramis109 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
aramis109's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Milwaukee, WI
10
352
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
Which did you like either I am Legend or Omega Man better?

Please explain why? As for me, Id pick Omega Man because NO CGI and all real actor in that movie! I liked how charlton heston in that movie. Will Smith did excellent job in I am legend, but i thought Omega man was better?

Yes the costumes, hairdo was cheessy but its 1970s!! Omega Man's PQ was awesome for 1971 movie.
Sorry, but the cheese-factor killed Omega Man for me. The costumes were so ridiculous, and there wasn't the same kind of tension for me.

It's a good movie but I prefer I Am Legend by a large margin.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #3
Beta Man Beta Man is offline
Moderator
 
Beta Man's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Juuuuuuuust A Bit Outside....
4
268
18
25
Default

Omega Man was just a FAR better movie, with a far better ending.
Excessive Compulsive Ellipses Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffetfroid View Post
The chip on your shoulder is bigger than Godard's ego.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42041 View Post
oh dear its a crazy person
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
Sky_Captain Sky_Captain is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Sky_Captain's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
1104
12
1
Default

The Omega Man has stupid albinos as villains and STILL pisses all over I Am Legend. Chuck owns that f*ckin' movie and even though Willy-Style tries some emotional acting, he fails compared to Heston. Now I'm not saying that I don't like I Am Legend, quite the contrary, but it don't have shit on The Omega Man. Kids and Teens will predictably like I Am Legend more with it's wanky CGI.

Last edited by Sky_Captain; 04-23-2008 at 09:39 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #5
Deadset Deadset is offline
Man in the Box
 
Deadset's Avatar
 
Jan 2007
28
621
45
14
34
Default

gotta go old school, Heston is the man
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #6
rbd3000 rbd3000 is offline
Active Member
 
rbd3000's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
193
Default

I enjoyed both films but I have to go with Omega Man over Legend because I think the story makes a little more sense. Legend just seems to be a movie made to showcase Will Smith for an hour and forty minutes. The story takes a backseat to the actor. I thought Will Smith made the most of it and the movie is entertaining but Omega Man is a much better film. And far as all the cheesiness complaints that are sure to follow, the film was made in the 1970s and most films of this kind are chessy by todays standards, so that is no fault of the film itself.
"Well, that's like, your opinion man." - The Dude

Blu-ray owner since July '07
Blu-ray's owned: 182 and counting
Most recent purchase: Curious Case of Benjamin Button, True Blood: Season One
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #7
aramis109 aramis109 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
aramis109's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Milwaukee, WI
10
352
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbd3000 View Post
I enjoyed both films but I have to go with Omega Man over Legend because I think the story makes a little more sense. Legend just seems to be a movie made to showcase Will Smith for an hour and forty minutes. The story takes a backseat to the actor. I thought Will Smith made the most of it and the movie is entertaining but Omega Man is a much better film. And far as all the cheesiness complaints that are sure to follow, the film was made in the 1970s and most films of this kind are chessy by todays standards, so that is no fault of the film itself.
Sorry, but if we're comparing the films, then we're comparing the films. That includes all aspects of it. For me, the albino makeup, the afros, the sparkly-getups... it's just too much. There are plenty of movies in the 70's that don't get all funktastic, and I like them just fine.

For the record, since Sky_Captain went with the immaturity angle, I'm 33. You really shouldn't try to peg people just because of their opinions.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:14 PM   #8
xtop xtop is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
xtop's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
-
-
3
Default

i think for the most part people will almost always pick the original, no matter how much better the remake was.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:20 PM   #9
aramis109 aramis109 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
aramis109's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Milwaukee, WI
10
352
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtop View Post
i think for the most part people will almost always pick the original, no matter how much better the remake was.
Ahh, but it WASN'T the original. The first one was "The Last Man on Earth" in 1964 starring Vincent Price.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #10
Deadset Deadset is offline
Man in the Box
 
Deadset's Avatar
 
Jan 2007
28
621
45
14
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis109 View Post
Ahh, but it WASN'T the original. The one was "The Last Man on Earth" in 1964 starring Vincent Price.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend
yep yep, now that's one I haven't seen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:22 PM   #11
SquidPuppet SquidPuppet is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
SquidPuppet's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Club Loop
276
27
Default

Omega Man for me. I liked it a lot, and thus had high hopes for I am Legend. I am Legend was a huge let down for me. The CGI sucked. Smith was good as allways....but the movie just fell apart.
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #12
SquidPuppet SquidPuppet is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
SquidPuppet's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Club Loop
276
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis109 View Post
Sorry, but if we're comparing the films, then we're comparing the films. That includes all aspects of it. For me, the albino makeup, the afros, the sparkly-getups... it's just too much. There are plenty of movies in the 70's that don't get all funktastic, and I like them just fine.

For the record, since Sky_Captain went with the immaturity angle, I'm 33. You really shouldn't try to peg people just because of their opinions.
This appears "Cheesey" now, but afros and sparkly get-ups were the norm in the 70s.
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #13
davidxiphoid davidxiphoid is offline
Special Member
 
davidxiphoid's Avatar
 
May 2007
I live in D.C.
88
47
Send a message via AIM to davidxiphoid
Default

I am Legend.... Omega man was at best just OK. maybe back in the day it was something special but time has not been kind to it. a total B flick And as far as Chuck goes..great actor but good lord He just sleptwalked through that role. A cardboard cut out would have had more energy and character. just my 2 little cents of course.
Pioneer 50" KURO PDP5010FD (1080p)
Marantz SR5003 Receiver
SONY Slim 120GB PS3 & Original 60GB PS3
BD's: 250 and growing
PS3 Games: 60 and growing
PSN ID: KILLSWITCHKID
Viva la Blu-Ray! Viva la PS3!!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:27 PM   #14
xtop xtop is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
xtop's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
-
-
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis109 View Post
Ahh, but it WASN'T the original. The first one was "The Last Man on Earth" in 1964 starring Vincent Price.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend
oh yeah, forgot about that. but i said most. not all
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:28 PM   #15
Pelican170 Pelican170 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Pelican170's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Sandy Hook, CT PS3-PSNetwork ID: Pelican170 PS4-PSN Network ID: TheAngryRager
315
194
2
Default

Omega man was much better in my opinion. I liked the fact that they gave a good amount of background to the "bad guys" and showed how they were civilized, compared to I Am Legends very inconsistent "Bad Guy" characters. Also, the ending was better in Omega Man than I Am Legend...
______________________________
Panasonic Vierra TH-50PZ800U
Sharp LC-70LE857U
PS3 320 GB Slim
PS4 500 GB
Marantz SR7002
Cambridge Soundworks
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #16
Beta Man Beta Man is offline
Moderator
 
Beta Man's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Juuuuuuuust A Bit Outside....
4
268
18
25
Default

looks like people are voting, who haven't seen both films
Excessive Compulsive Ellipses Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffetfroid View Post
The chip on your shoulder is bigger than Godard's ego.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42041 View Post
oh dear its a crazy person
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #17
stardalo stardalo is offline
Junior Member
 
Apr 2008
Default

Heston is a better actor. Also, the creatures in Omega man are more defined. However, i did enjoy I am Legend.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #18
aramis109 aramis109 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
aramis109's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Milwaukee, WI
10
352
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta Man View Post
looks like people are voting, who haven't seen both films
How would you know that? Just because the one that you voted for isn't winning currently?

It looks like people are fairly evenly divided thus far.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:21 PM   #19
aramis109 aramis109 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
aramis109's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Milwaukee, WI
10
352
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardalo View Post
Heston is a better actor. Also, the creatures in Omega man are more defined. However, i did enjoy I am Legend.
I'm not disagreeing with those points at all. Heston is a great actor and he'll be missed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:21 PM   #20
ezeblazin ezeblazin is offline
Active Member
 
ezeblazin's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Default

I thought I Am Legend was much better, the suspense was geat. I hated Omega Man, it just seemed ridiculous. Last Man on Earth was very good, and had the best ending of the three, but I still liked I Am Legend the best.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Last Man On Earth vs. Omega Man vs. I Am Legend Movie Polls Sussudio 29 10-31-2011 07:00 PM
I Am Legend vs Omega Man - Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology Sushisake 12 03-17-2008 09:44 PM
Omega man Blu-ray Movies - North America J_Lee87 14 12-20-2007 02:15 AM
Omega Man PQ and SQ... Blu-ray Movies - North America Marcusarilius 2 11-28-2007 01:34 AM
The Omega Man Blu-ray Movies - North America Mr. Joshua 19 10-20-2007 08:27 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:31 PM.